Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by savage1
    I still don't see your logic.
    When the Al plays in a NL park and can't use the DH, then by your logic, any advantage AL is negated.
    I don't have stats in front of me, but I bet AL has dominated NL in their parks(as well as their own) also over the years. How come?
    I don't think AL pitching gets better simply because they have to face a DH-either you have talent or you do not.
    I don't know where you are going with David Oritz, but they played without him in the lineup for 55 days this season and did quite well.
    I am not saying some of the points made by you and others don't have some validity, but it is naive to think that the dominance ia Interleague play and All Star games isn't more on the superior talent than anything else.
    As stated, for a year I could say it is coincidence but for 5 or more years in Interleague and more than 10 years in ALL Star games(I can't remember the exact year NL won the last one but you know what I mean), the main reason is the talent differential;most of the other reasons offered for the most part are rationalizations.
    my point is that facing powerful 20 milion dh improves the pitching of tha american league no matter if its a ws game in the nl park the al pitcher is used to facing 9 outs insted of eigth and an easy one therefore the american league pitching becames more competetive , also its easy for american league teams to sign big hitters because they know there is an extra spot for them in the lineup.
    was that clear??

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
      If MM and Savvy could only see the light. Must be a Donkey thing
      Yeah I know a 150 game "edge" in Interleague Play over 5 years , ALL Star Games, Ws and three sweeps is no big deal and indicates NL is better.
      I wonder what YOU would say if NL had the 150 game advantage in Interleague Play, All Star Games and in WS and someone tried to say AL was better.

Comment

I predict the Yankees will win the next upcoming series with Boston cause the Yankees have won 26 Titles compared to 7 for Boston.

Signed,

Savage1

Comment

I think its safe to say

That arguing about this is stupid and really
          Questions, comments, complaints:
          [email protected]

Comment

Yeah I know a 150 game "edge" in Interleague Play over 5 years , ALL Star Games, Ws and three sweeps is no big deal and indicates NL is better.
            I wonder what YOU would say if NL had the 150 game advantage in Interleague Play, All Star Games and in WS and someone tried to say AL was better.
            where did i said the nl is better???

Comment

Originally posted by x0506947

HE IS QUOTING KB

Comment

ok you won the american league is superior because it has the better players even with the huge number of players that change to the nl and the nl young talent.

Comment

my point is that facing powerful 20 milion dh improves the pitching of tha american league no matter if its a ws game in the nl park the al pitcher is used to facing 9 outs insted of eigth and an easy one therefore the american league pitching becames more competetive , also its easy for american league teams to sign big hitters because they know there is an extra spot for them in the lineup.
                  was that clear??
                  It is clear but you still didn't answe most of my questions regarding why the advantage has been so clear cut for 5 years.
                  How come this advantage in didn't exist always? Afterall, the DH rule has been around for a long time?
                  I disagree with you about the AL being forced to become better pitchers because of DH-you are what you are.
                  If you want to dismiss everything as being solely based on DH, then so be it.
                  Even if I play Devil's Advocate , accept your premise and say you are right about AL signing good DG hiters being a reason for discrepancy, you defeat your own argument
                  Afterall the issue is which league is better and not WHY is it better.

Comment

I was being a little sarcastic-I meant as good as the AL.

Comment

It is clear but you still didn't answe most of my questions regarding why the advantage has been so clear cut for 5 years.
                      How come this advantage in didn't exist always? Afterall, the DH rule has been around for a long time?
                      I disagree with you about the AL being forced to become better pitchers because of DH-you are what you are.
                      If you want to dismiss everything as being solely based on DH, then so be it.
                      Even if I play Devil's Advocate , accept your premise and say you are right about AL signing good DG hiters being a reason for discrepancy, you defeat your own argument
                      Afterall the issue is which league is better and not WHY is it better.
                      any idiot rigth now realiazes tha the american league is superior altougth is stupid to compare the two leagues because they play under difrent rules

Comment

any idiot rigth now realiazes tha the american league is superior altougth is stupid to compare the two leagues because they play under difrent rules

KB???

Comment

That comment make about as much sense as saying a team like the Red Sox won two WS in the last 4 years and Yankees which won a number of WS in the 90's won them because they went out bought the best players available;the fact he is that they won the WS no matter what the means they used to get there.
                          Again the issue is not wty something exists but what in fact exists.
                          My contention is that overall when you take all of the American League players and teams and compare them with their NL counterparts, by my criterion(Wins and Losses in a number of relevant games over time), the AL is clearly better and has been so for a number of years.
                          Last edited by savage1; 08-07-2008, 05:54 PM.

Comment

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann
                              KB???
                              Please tell me where exactly I said I think the NL is better. I'm just making a case for both sides and trying to get the red sox colored glasses off the brim of savage's nose.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                                Please tell me where exactly I said I think the NL is better. I'm just making a case for both sides and trying to get the red sox colored glasses off the brim of savage's nose.
                                the "brim"...
                                SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X