I think it is safe to say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218
    If that's the case, expect him to fake an injury when the Dodgers need him most in September!
    Ask Jeff Suppan, a failure with Red Sox a couple of times and a relatively good pitcher in NL, which league is easier to pitch in!

Comment

Honesly...this AL NL argument is so old and boring...

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
        Honesly...this AL NL argument is so old and boring...

I fucking agree wholeheartedly. Savage is just comical to get riled up though

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
          Ask Jeff Suppan, a failure with Red Sox a couple of times and a relatively good pitcher in NL, which league is easier to pitch in!
          Ask Johan Santana who piled up wins in the AL and now can't buy one with the Muts

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
            When AL teams play in NL parks, the NL has the advantage because their pitchers bat all year long;it cuts both ways.
            Facts are facts and a 150 game advantage in Interleague play is nothing to be brushed aside!
            really and how many nl pitchers out there hit above 200 average?
            remove david ortiz from the boston lineup rigth now and tell me wath would happen?
            afther this season where do you think manny ramirez will end up in the american league our the national league?
            dont you think the fact there is no easy outs in the american league improves a lot the american league quality of pitching?

Comment

Thats what what i was thinking he needs to go get a good scroggin. That will make him in better humor. Or it does me anyway.

Comment

HOW MANY GAMES DID THE ROCKIES WIN IN THE WORLD SERIES LAST YEAR ? THAT SUPERIOR NL TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann
                  HOW MANY GAMES DID THE ROCKIES WIN IN THE WORLD SERIES LAST YEAR ? THAT SUPERIOR NL TEAM
                  How many did Detroit win in the Series before last? THAT SUPERIOR AL TEAM

Comment

Look, has the A.L. "Seemingly" been better with the naked eye over the last few years? Sure. The more powerful teams seemed to be in the A.L. and winning All Star games makes many think they are better. The A.L. will always look more powerful when you can offset a pitcher batting with a 20 million $ DH. Until that changes, the A.L. teams will look stronger up and down the lineup. Truth be told though, no one league is ever that much better than the other and that includes right now. In a 7 game series, it doesn't matter what league you are from, you have a 50/50 shot!

Comment

remove now the dh rule from the american league and next year whe will see if the american league keeps their dominance.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                        How many did Detroit win in the Series before last? THAT SUPERIOR AL TEAM

NOT SURE IT WAS MORE THAN THE SORRY ROCKIES

OR THAT OTHER SORRY NL TEAM IN 2005

BOSTON 4- ROCKETTES 0

WHITE SOX 4- ASTROKES 0

SORRY ASS LEAGUE COULDNT EVEN WIN ONE GAME AT HOME.

SAME WILL HAPPEN TO THE SLUBBIES THIS YEAR WHEN THE RAYS SLAP THEM AROUND AGAIN AS THEY DID IN INTERLEAGUE PLAY.
                        Last edited by musclemann; 08-07-2008, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by x0506947
                          really and how many nl pitchers out there hit above 200 average?
                          remove david ortiz from the boston lineup rigth now and tell me wath would happen?
                          afther this season where do you think manny ramirez will end up in the american league our the national league?
                          dont you think the fact there is no easy outs in the american league improves a lot the american league quality of pitching?
                          I still don't see your logic.
                          When the Al plays in a NL park and can't use the DH, then by your logic, any advantage AL is negated.
                          I don't have stats in front of me, but I bet AL has dominated NL in their parks(as well as their own) also over the years. How come?
                          I don't think AL pitching gets better simply because they have to face a DH-either you have talent or you do not.
                          I don't know where you are going with David Oritz, but they played without him in the lineup for 55 days this season and did quite well.
                          I am not saying some of the points made by you and others don't have some validity, but it is naive to think that the dominance ia Interleague play and All Star games isn't more on the superior talent than anything else.
                          As stated, for a year I could say it is coincidence but for 5 or more years in Interleague and more than 10 years in ALL Star games(I can't remember the exact year NL won the last one but you know what I mean), the main reason is the talent differential;most of the other reasons offered for the most part are rationalizations.

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann
                            NOT SURE IT WAS MORE THAN THE SORRY ROCKIES

OR THAT OTHER SORRY NL TEAM IN 2005

BOSTON 4- ROCKETTES 0

WHITE SOX 4- ASTROKES 0

SORRY ASS LEAGUE COULDNT EVEN WIN ONE GAME AT HOME.

SAME WILL HAPPEN TO THE SLUBBIES THIS YEAR WIN THE RAYS SLAP THEM AROUND AGAIN AS THEY DID IN INTERLEAGUE PLAY.
                            THREE four game SWEEPS in the WS by AL in four years sure supports my case also.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                              Look, has the A.L. "Seemingly" been better with the naked eye over the last few years? Sure. The more powerful teams seemed to be in the A.L. and winning All Star games makes many think they are better. The A.L. will always look more powerful when you can offset a pitcher batting with a 20 million $ DH. Until that changes, the A.L. teams will look stronger up and down the lineup. Truth be told though, no one league is ever that much better than the other and that includes right now. In a 7 game series, it doesn't matter what league you are from, you have a 50/50 shot!
                              If MM and Savvy could only see the light. Must be a Donkey thing

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                                If MM and Savvy could only see the light. Must be a Donkey thing

KB KB

ONCE AGAIN I MUST SHOW YOU RESPECT BY SAYING I RESPECT YOUR OPINION BUT YOUR ARGUMENT IS WEAK AT BEST. ITS NOT EVEN WEAK, BESIDES THE CUBBIES(WHO IN THE DEEPEST PART OF YOUR HEART YOU KNOW WILL CHOKE SOMEWHERE IN THE POSTSEASON)THE NL SUCKS DICK. YOU KNOW IT, I KNOW IT, NL LEAGUE FANS KNOW IT.

YOUR ONLY HOPE ARE THE CUBS. IF THEY GET KNOCKED OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS BY LIKE THE D-BACKS(WHO DID IT LAST YEAR TO THESE CHOKES)

THE NL IS DONE. THE CUBS ARE YOUR ONLY HOPE AT WINNING THE WORLD SERIES THIS YEAR.

YOU KNOW WHY? BECAUSE THEY'RE BUILT LIKE AN AMERICAN LEAGUE TEAM.
                                Last edited by musclemann; 08-07-2008, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X