Shame on you Green Bay!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by griswold
    I love some of this stuff----Aaron Rodgers is going to "beat out" Favre???????

Favre finished second in the voting for MVP.

Where did Rodgers finish????

Has Rodgers been given a chance to play ?

Nome of us can say who is better - We know what we know of Favre - we havent seen Rodgers

No one can guess who would win an open QB job.

My problem is if the do a fair tryout and Rodgers beats him fair and square we will hear Favre demanding a trade again

So this bullshit that Favre just wants to show up in camp is exactly that - BULLSHIT !!

He wants his starting job back -- YOU RETIRED !!! -- Now earn it !!

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
      They most certainly can...he is under contract with GB if he decides to un-retire. And they are not keeping him from playing elsehwere as they gave the Jets and TB the right to talk to him and he won't even anwer the phone. Its just not where Brett wants to go play...boo f-ing hoo!!!!!

he wants to dangle this team year after year...and this year, he waiver 3 different times! He finally decides he wants to retires and calls it quits. A month later he thinks he wants to change his mind, but decides to stay retired...now 4 months later he is ready to come back? And GB is supposed to roll out the red carpet? And after he yanks hima round, they are supposed to trade him to a division rival.

GB didn't force him to call a press conference, cry his eyes out and retire. They have given him 2 teams to talk too...Brett wants his cake and to eat it to...eff him! Good for GB!

and said those were untrue rumours -- lol

probably started by him

drama queen

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
        I'm also pretty sure that if you decided to use your skills again 4 months after getting that Golden Parachute, that you would be free to go talk to any company that wanted you.
        Not always true...most have non-compete clauses. My father, my Uncle and a very good friend all received severnces and there were non-compete clauses in each of them, preventing from either joining named competitors or starting a rival company.
        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Is G.B. part of the NFL?
          You make it sound like GB is doing this to Farve -- Every team in the NFL has the right to do what they are doing

Comment

They most certainly can...he is under contract with GB if he decides to un-retire. And they are not keeping him from playing elsehwere as they gave the Jets and TB the right to talk to him and he won't even anwer the phone. Its just not where Brett wants to go play...boo f-ing hoo!!!!!

he wants to dangle this team year after year...and this year, he waiver 3 different times! He finally decides he wants to retires and calls it quits. A month later he thinks he wants to change his mind, but decides to stay retired...now 4 months later he is ready to come back? And GB is supposed to roll out the red carpet? And after he yanks hima round, they are supposed to trade him to a division rival.

GB didn't force him to call a press conference, cry his eyes out and retire. They have given him 2 teams to talk too...Brett wants his cake and to eat it to...eff him! Good for GB!

How many times do i have to say the word "Fine"?

Fine, then let him come to camp. He wants to go and they have said no. Let's here an excuse for that ... Please?

He is under contract like you said. Why can't he go to camp and work out?

Comment

I'm also pretty sure that if you decided to use your skills again 4 months after getting that Golden Parachute, that you would be free to go talk to any company that wanted you.
              I worked 12 years for Giordano's a huge multi million dollar Pizza / restraunt chain.

When we parted ways I had to sign a ton of papers - not to use a similar name if I decided to open my own business- not to use thier recipies and not open a business in a 10 mile radius of any of their stores ( there are 40 of them in the chicagoland area )
              Last edited by GOLDENGREEK; 07-31-2008, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK
                You make it sound like GB is doing this to Farve -- Every team in the NFL has the right to do what they are doing
                No doubt, G.B. has 3 options. Fucking pick one. Making a player sit home is not an option. In fact, it is against the collective bargaining agreement for them to do that. Why do you think they are waiting to reinstate him? Because the fucken Union will CRUSH Green Bay!

Comment

Dude, its the equivalent of a golden parachute...happens with most major companies...guys get old, they have a young stud that they want to replace the guy with and they offer a 'severance' package to walk away. Just because we don't hear about it in sports doesn't mean it isn't right.

Favre has yanked their chain for 3 yrs...GB waited and waited, even afte rhe originally retired. Teams need to move on and can't continually be held hostage. Good for them that they said enough is enough. Maybe they think Rodgers can put up the numbers Brett put up last year. they are better talent evaluators than any of us.

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK
                    I worked 12 years for Giordano's a huge multi million dollar Pizza / restraunt chain.

When we parted ways I had to sign a top of papers - not to use a similar name if I decided to open my own business- not to use thier recipies and not open a business in a 10 mile radius of any of their stores ( there are 40 of them in the chicagoland area )
                    Fine, let him sign a paper saying he won't tell anyone the G.B. playbook and go on his way. Problem solved. Green Bay owns no copyright to throwing a fucken football or playing QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218
                      No doubt, G.B. has 3 options. Fucking pick one. Making a player sit home is not an option. In fact, it is against the collective bargaining agreement for them to do that. Why do you think they are waiting to reinstate him? Because the fucken Union will CRUSH Green Bay!

O.K. !!! let him come to camp and let him compete with Rodgers. They name Rodgers the starter... THEN WHAT ??!!!!!

WHAT WILL THE CRYBABY EGOMANIAC DO ?

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218
                        How many times do i have to say the word "Fine"?

He is under contract like you said. Why can't he go to camp and work out?
                        Because it woul dbe a circus...I agree with keeping him away. Try to trade him in the mean time. Training camp is long and with a veteran of his stature, he doesn't need a 6 week camp to get ready. Keep the circus out of town, explore the trade options, and if nothing comes to fruition, bring him into camp on August 25. Wayne, keeping him out of camp only hurts there trade value in him so they are only hurting themselves.

See above. If they pay him and tell him to stay home, that's there perogatove. Now, if they don't pay him...thats a different story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Three Jack
                          Not always true...most have non-compete clauses. My father, my Uncle and a very good friend all received severnces and there were non-compete clauses in each of them, preventing from either joining named competitors or starting a rival company.
                          Fine, If Favre has a non compete clause, i understand. Something tells me he doesn't. What do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK

Ummmm ... THEY ARE!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody else has him under contract and is not letting him in camp. God Damn, is it that complicated for you?

Comment

Every team in the NFL has the right to do what they are doing

No they don't, not with the players union. You should check your facts.

Comment

O.K. !!! let him come to camp and let him compete with Rodgers. They name Rodgers the starter... THEN WHAT ??!!!!!

WHAT WILL THE CRYBABY EGOMANIAC DO ?
                                It would be more of a circus than it is now. Assuming Goodell approves his 'unretiring', GB will trade him before he ever gets to camp. but why should it be to who Brett wants to be traded to?

Comment

Working...
                                X