No announcement yet.

Shame on you Green Bay!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bring him back for 1 season as the starter. The other guy can wait another year.

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218
      If they reinstate Favre and he shows up at camp, Green Bay can't do a damn thing about it. If they do, the Union will fucken crush them. Why wouldn't they just reinstate him and let Favre sit home 3J? There are bigger reasons for it and Goodell knows it. That's why he is pushing G.B. to get something done.
      I agree with this if when you say 'they' you are referring to the NFL...as they are the one's that can re-instate.

If Brett decides to turn down there 'offer' to stay home, I am sure GB will relunctantly welcome him to camp. They will have no choice... But GB isn't keeping him out of camp, the league is. GB has tried to explore trade opportunities to 2 teams and Brett said no. After that, they offered a retirement package and Brett doesn't want it. Goodell has probably told them you have two options- he goes on your roster or you trade him, so now GB has to look inside the division.

it seems ike we agree on how it will or should play out, I just on't think GB has done anything wrong.
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

OMG 3J, SO WHAT?

If Cincy told Griffey to talk to Pittsburgh and San Fran, it would be his right to refuse too. It doesn't mean Cincy can tell him to stay away from the damn ballpark. My God!
        Baseball has a 10/5 rule, football doesn't.

You are right, they can't tell him but they can ask.

Comment

• Wayne, bottom line...why are you so against GB asking, not telling, him to stay home?

Comment

• Originally posted by Three Jack
            Baseball has a 10/5 rule, football doesn't.

You are right, they can't tell him but they can ask.

Doesn't Brett Favre have a no trade clause? It is just as good as the 10/5 rule 3J.

Comment

Wayne, bottom line...why are you so against GB asking, not telling, him to stay home?
              Because he wants to play and if it's not with them, than they should let him get started with someone knew. Don't fool yourself either. Goodell is waiting as a good gesture FOR G.B.

Comment

Because he wants to play and if it's not with them, than they should let him get started with someone knew. Don't fool yourself either. Goodell is waiting as a good gesture FOR G.B.
                Then why aren't you hammering Favre for not even talking to TB and the NYJ? Isn't that 'letting him get started with someone new'?

Comment

Doesn't Brett Favre have a no trade clause? It is just as good as the 10/5 rule 3J.
                  No idea if he does...haven't really heard of that in football....I don't think they are as prevalent as they are in baseball.

Comment

Then why aren't you hammering Favre for not even talking to TB and the NYJ? Isn't that 'letting him get started with someone new'?
                    He has a choice 3J. That is why i'm not on him.

This is why Goodell is waiting ... for G.B. sake ...

"Once Favre is reinstated, the Packers will have 24 hours to decide whether to cut him or restore him to their active roster."

Comment

He has a choice 3J. That is why i'm not on him.

This is why Goodell is waiting ... for G.B. sake ...

"Once Favre is reinstated, the Packers will have 24 hours to decide whether to cut him or restore him to their active roster."
                      I disagree- If he doesn't have a no trade clause, and I have not read anywhere that he does, then he doesn't have a choice. No team would trade for him without talking to him first. if he does have a no trade clause, then GB has a major problem and let him sit on the bench as the #2.

Comment

I disagree- If he doesn't have a no trade clause, and I have not read anywhere that he does, then he doesn't have a choice. No team would trade for him without talking to him first. if he does have a no trade clause, then GB has a major problem and let him sit on the bench as the #2.
                        Well forget disagreeing because it IS in his contract that any trade made, has to be approved by him. Now what?

Comment

Well forget disagreeing because it IS in his contract that any trade made, has to be approved by him. Now what?
                          Wait to see if A) they trade him before getting re-instated or B) once Goodell re-instates, what happens. If they don't trade him, Goodell re-instates, and he comes to camp and is the #2, then what did GB do wrong?

Comment

Wait to see if A) they trade him before getting re-instated or B) once Goodell re-instates, what happens. If they don't trade him, Goodell re-instates, and he comes to camp and is the #2, then what did GB do wrong?

Not a thing. How many days has training camp been open and what so far has G.B. got done? Anything to your knowledge? ... and please don't tell me it took 3 days to write a check.

Comment

Not a thing. How many days has training camp been open and what so far has G.B. got done? Anything to your knowledge? ... and please don't tell me it took 3 days to write a check.
                              Just because GB isn't rolling over and granting him his relase or giving him away to the Vikings, you want to crucify them, So be it. They tried to accommodate him and he doesn't want to go to the teams they wanted him to go to. They tried to entice him to retire, it didn't happen. And you must be sitting in their war room because you seem to know on awful ot about what they have been doing the last 48 hours. I agree with you that Goodell is dragging his feet to help GB..so what, are they supposed to give him away?

Wait and see what happens when they re-instate him...then will see how bad GB is being to poor Brett Favre.....

Comment

• If farve would have never retired no one would be going thru all of this. Farve is a glory hound and he is obviousally not a man of his word. If Farve wants to play so bad put him on the Ravens so the Steelers can knock the phuck out of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X