Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FUCK the yankees....That's right, i said it!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
    Did it take you seeing a win total at a book to accept this? You could have just listened to us!

And pay the traffic ticket you cheapskate!

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
      Did it take you seeing a win total at a book to accept this? You could have just listened to us!
      See you near the end of May to discuss this and see who was right-hopefully me.
      ps I am also going to bet OVER the wins for Sox which is at around 82 1/2 or 83 or so last I looked.
      Last edited by savage1; 03-11-2013, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post

And pay the traffic ticket you cheapskate!
        The chances of me paying the traffic ticket/ALLEGED red light violation at this point are about the same as the Sox going 162-0 this season-I think they will improve over last season but I am not quite sure they can go undefeated.lol

Comment

• Not that it is a lot of money or anything, but I placed two separate wagers for $200 on the Red Sox to win over 82 1/2 games and for the Orioles to win more than 79.
          I will be SHOCKED if I don't at least split and fully expect to win both of them.
          If I lose both, I won't run and hide like a few posters do in this forum and pretend that the losses didnt exist but instead will come back take the heat and say what went wrong with my analysis.

Comment

• Originally posted by savage1 View Post
            Not that it is a lot of money or anything, but I placed two separate wagers for $200 on the Red Sox to win over 82 1/2 games and for the Orioles to win more than 79.
            I will be SHOCKED if I don't at least split and fully expect to win both of them.
            If I lose both, I won't run and hide like a few posters do in this forum and pretend that the losses didnt exist but instead will come back take the heat and say what went wrong with my analysis.
            Savage so far so good. Definitely not the most talented Red Sox team I have seen but they are playing hard and pitching has been terrific. Division isn't very strong this year so you may turn out to be the right on this one

Comment

• Diesel-I agree re: talent but that will improve if Ortiz can contribute anything decent.
              We will see what happens-a lot better start than last two years,
              Chemistry and desire to win is always helpful.

Comment

• At the very least I think we can all agree that very few folks expected a start like this for the Sox.
                One of the big reasons for this other than the togetherness on this team thisseason unlike other years is the complete turnaround so far of the starting pitching, part of which is attributable to the presence of John Farrell.
                Obviously it is very, very early, but imo so far at least Cherington has done a lot better job of rebuilding this team than the Jays who went for the quick fix approach.

Comment

• Ot:
                  Speaking of the Sox, I just got through reading Francona/Dan Shaughnessy's book on Francona-The Red Sox Years.
                  In a nutshell imo this is must read for any Sox fan if you really want to know what went on during his tenure.
                  For that matter, even if you are not a Sox fan but just a baseball fan, you will find this book fascinating and very enjoyable reading.

Comment

• Although it is still very early, before the season started, I stated in this thread that I would bet that if someone gave me odds, I would bet that the Sox would win more games than the Jays.
                    I said then and will continue to say what I said above because Cherington has gone about building the team in a patient and logical maner unlike the clueless GM of the Jays, Alex AnFLOPonus(Anthopoulos), who has tried a quick fix/get rich overnight attempt with such tactics as adding some loser players from the pathetic Marlins of last year.
                    The biggest joke of all was making these guys one of the favorites to win the WS.
                    Sure they can turn it around, but if things continue to go bad, they could also finish last.
                    The same goes for the Sox, but I sure am not complaining right now as Sox have best record in all of baseball.
                    The Jays have finished as high as second place only once in the last 20 years-thus anduntil proven otherwise, imo it is a LOSER team and organization.
                    Last edited by savage1; 04-28-2013, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Wins and losses aren't always decided by stats, Wayne-team hartmony, chemistry and a desire to win are all very important.
                      Just look at the O's and A's last year-whoever thought they would do as well as the did?
                      Any team with folks like Pedroia, Ellsbury, Ortiz, some added players and a revamped pitching staff and some very good pitchers who could turn it around can be a factor.
                      Consider also that not having BV around can only help.
                      ps I think folks who think the Jays are going to be that good simply because they added some players whose team fizzled last year(Marlins) are going to be surprised-last I looked, the Jays have only had one finish as high as second place in the last 20 years.
                      I think the Sox's chances are as good as any team in that division especially with what could be devastating injuries to the Yankees.
                      Play ball!
                      Kudos to Cherington for going about rebuilding this team in a fiscally responsibly and patient way.
                      Again I know it is early, but for now anyways, it looks like my assessment was more correct than those of you who said the Sox would suck this year.
                      ps I was wrong about the Yankees-so what-all that matters for Sox fans is that they are winning including a great 9th inning comeback win today.
                      Last edited by savage1; 05-26-2013, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Big Papi does it again.
                        Perhaps some of you big doubters including some big Sox fans might want to comment on who has been spot on so far, me or you with their assessment of the Sox-no need to be ashamed-I am wrong plenty of times myself.
                        My quote in April:
                        "See you near the end of May to discuss this and see who was right-hopefully me".

Comment

• Any of you folks especially Sox fans who before the season started said the Sox would suck ready to concede that you were wrong and that at least so far I got it right?

Comment

• Ok savage, you won... How about some coffee??

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lovedoc View Post
                              Ok savage, you won... How about some coffee??
                              How about champagne instead if Sox astound just about everyone and actually make the playoffs?

Comment

Any of you folks especially Sox fans who before the season started said the Sox would suck ready to concede that you were wrong and that at least so far I got it right?
                                Savage, I was one of naysayers at the beginning of the year. I didn't see this thread until recently, but have to admit that you have been right so far. As you know, I have been a diehard Sox fan since I can remember.

You seem to be intent on making people (or one person) acknowledge that you were right and they were wrong. I would be more excited about winning your future bets because both the Sox and Orioles wagers are looking pretty stout right now. As long time fans, we both know the possibility of a complete fold is still possible. Hopefully we don't have a repeat about the chokes of 1978 or 2011. A Red Sox-Pirates World Series? Who would have thought that possible in March?

Comment

Working...
                                X