WLSF-Undervalued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savage,

Congrats to the Sox..I was very happy they won..what a great series!!

Here are a few other stocks we need to watch..

CHTR- gotta be close to a bottom IMO, but the market is taking her down so who knows where it stops. I would be willing to make a gamble at these levels.

STEM- shocking isnt it? If the Calif referrendum (Prop 71) gets passed (I think that is what they are calling it) and a facility is made for research, this stock could see 5 bucks quite easy, past highs were 15 in 1996 and 2000.

The stemcell play is only STEM in my view..ASTM has never and will not run the way STEM will..STEM is a gamble, if the vote doesnt go in Calif, the stock will dump..

MRVC looks great..lovely that I got bored of my 2.20 position and dumped for a small gain..

Comment

• Wallstreet-thanks. Thankfully I sold astm in May.
      I am standing pat pretty much until now but watch your recommendations.
      Now it is time for Sox to hopefully finish the job.

Comment

• Wallstreet-I see ison got to 6.41 before settling back a bit.
        At what price would you buy it?

Comment

• Savage,

Looks like my analysis was correct. From what I read on yahoo boards, the presentation was a flop..done very unprofessionally and looked really poor.

I would buy this when/if it gets to the low 3's.

And you are correct..I looked to see if the high today was a "higher high" but it wasnt since 6.50 was the previous high.

Before you get in, I dont think there is a big rush..watch for PR dates and most importantly watch the volume..if the volume starts to drop dramatically over the next day or two, you and I are buying into a pit that might never come back. Volume is crucial as without the high volume the stock cannot move and the only people left holding the bag are patient shorts and unhappy longs.

I am also keeping my eye on KKD, but it keeps setting new lows.

I dont have the time, but I want to do a search for some listed stocks that have low floats..then find the industries they are in and try to find a handful which could make a dramatic move given proper timing. If Kerry wins we will have many opps for such action.

GL and go Houston!

Comment

• Thanks as always Wallstreet for the insightful analysis, and I also am pulling for the Stros.
            I think they had better get another run or two or they are going to lose.

Comment

• Wallstreet-I knwo this is a stretch, but from other threads it appears you have some kind of connections /insight re: tickets.
              Any chance you know anyone who could get a diehard Sox fan of 52 years just a standing room ticket for a few hundred bucks or so(a game where Sox would be in a position to win would be great, but I would take anything at Fenway)?
              As you see on other thread, I kidded about it, but I really would like to see a game but will NOT pay any price to see a game like others over there even though I could afford it.
              I am seeking one mere standing room ticket without being fleeced;I know I am dreaming to think I could actually get a seat at price I want to pay.
              ps sorry the Stros lost!

Comment

• Savage,

I just watch Ebay quite a bit and IMO Ebay is the cheapest place to find most things.

For example there is an auction ending in 3 hrs from this post that has 2 tickets going for 1300 bucks..it will go higher but still not to 2k or anything.

I think you will have to pony up or have a good connection who owns tickets or win a contest..lol

I will keep looking and if I see somthing good I will let you know too..

Comment

• Savage,

If I had Sox tickets, I would sell a game or two..it would pay for 5 years worth of tickets..lol

It is a big deal to people there and like that poster said about prices, they are only going up..

It might be wise to pay reasonable price early for decent seats..then try to sell them for more come closer to game time..

Sorry you cannot go..you could always sell 10000000 shares of stock and get some tickets!!

Comment

• Wallstreet-No offense to anyone else, but as you know I am a Sox diehard and have been so for 52 years, but think anyone is crazy to pay this amount to see one game.
                    I could if I wanted pay thousands of dollars and see a game or two, and i wouldn't miss it, but will not do it in principle.
                    If it comes to game a possible deciding game for Sox at Fenway,Ii will do what I did in 1975-simply drive the 90 miles to get there and hang around the park all day looking for a "bargain" standing room ticket(I succeeded in 1975 and paid $40 to get in),
                    Obviously thats a dream price today, but I still think if I slip the right person several hundred dollars or so, it might be possible for me to get into the park especially when I give them a good speech as to why I should be allowed to see the game and not be robbed.
                    If I can't get in, I will watch it in a bar and still be there for the celebration should they win.
                    Sox have to ge tot this point first-easier said than done.

Comment

• Savage,

Damn.. STEM up 60 cents today. It is early until the Prop vote, so this move tells me there is more to come.

I am going to start a position on weakness into the next few days..

Comment

• Sorry for the repeat posts here..

If you want a higher priced stem stock, go for GERN..

But please avoid Astm.

Comment

• Savage,

What gives with CLN?

50k shares traded today???

I am still rooting for you on that one.

No after hours trades for me yet..I need some action lower to step in.

Comment

• Wallstreet-No interest in cln now;no news and it looks like it is stuck in a range from high 40's to low 50's.
                            I don't know why(maybe boredom), but I bought a few thousand shares of mrkl at the close at .685 to average down the 2000 shares I presently own at higher prices.
                            It may go lower, but it looks to me a bit oversold. Comments?
                            ps I didn't buy any stem and will wait until/if it gets into the range you mentioned($.75).

Comment

• Savage,

I dont think we get that price today. It is too bad that I am not around that first market hour..I think it is possibly the best opportunity on the stock tomorrow. I have a feeling the odds are with us that the stock opens lower, then turns higher. I will let you know if I do anything. Right now it is at 4 not doing much.

I am kinda pissed at CHTR too..waiting 2 days cost me 50 cents on the stock. If it drifts down to 2.65 or so again I will start a position in it. Also kinda pissed I sold HLIT so cheap..stock 2 pts higher than I sold it.

As for MRKL..looks like you are in for a snooze unless you see some news coming. I wouldnt panic unless it dropped below that baseline of 50 cents or so. I cant say I like it though...

Another day or two like this and UGHO might be a play..

Comment

• Wallstreet- I think you are right about ugho.
                                Last time i bought and made a quick profit on this is when the bid and ask got into a very narrow band;it looked like it was ready to jump(or more appropriately be pumped/manipulated again), and sure enough it was.

Comment

Working...
                                X