No announcement yet.

Question for yall up north dealing with 100 degree temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey vols, 100 degrees up here is like 1 inch of snow down there. Nobody knows what to do with themself and nobody leaves the house. The city doesn't shut down like down there but everything else is similiar!

Comment

I heard it's so hot up there, even the lobsters are sweating!

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
        Nobody is eating lobster kb. You cook the bastards and the temps in the house go up 20 degrees!

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21 View Post
          I think they swam north to Nova Scotia too!

Comment

I spit today and it evaporated before hitting the ground!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
              I think the problem is taht it rarely gets that hot here and a lot of people do not have air conditioning because they don't feel like they need it. The humidity here gets near 60% too which is off the charts. I don't know what it is there but anything over 50% is considered very high. I work outside for a big part of my day and it is literally breath taking and breathing is even harder for the elderly.
              50% humidity is low around here ...

This is what it is right now

4 pm
              Mostly Cloudy 93° 62% Humidity Winds From SSW
              14 mph

Comment

It says 104 outside on my digital thermometer ... and it is in the shade on my deck. I have 2 ac's running inside my house and inside it reads 82.4
                104??? ... fvk that pal

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                  50% humidity is low around here ...

This is what it is right now

4 pm
                  Mostly Cloudy 93° 62% Humidity Winds From SSW
                  14 mph
                  Hell Joe, i don't know. Maybe you guys are more used to it than people up here. I don't remember the last time it hit 100 here and it has at my house 3 days in a row now. Doesn't bother me but all the old people with no AC and the dumbasses driving around with no AC because 4 wheel drive was more important are paying the price!

Comment

A cool 88 here for July. A few rain storms moving in. Don't hardly see a drop of rain in July here, and there's at least at a 40% chance everyday this week

Comment

Hell Joe, i don't know. Maybe you guys are more used to it than people up here. I don't remember the last time it hit 100 here and it has at my house 3 days in a row now. Doesn't bother me but all the old people with no AC and the dumbasses driving around with no AC because 4 wheel drive was more important are paying the price!
                      Wayne it is so hot and humid here during the summer it is disgusting ... 90's every day ... with high humidity ... some people love it, like my brother ... hotter the better for him ...

I hate it

Comment

70-75 and sunny is perfect weather for me Joe!

Comment

Here is the forecast for midnight tonight ... look at the humidity

12 am 80°F
                          Partly Cloudy 93% Humidity Winds From S
                          4 mph

Comment

70-75 and sunny is perfect weather for me Joe!
                            I agree ... perfect weather ....

Comment

Last January

I keep this photo handy, keeps my memory fresh, and yes I shoveled it out and went to work that day. We had the 90's and 85% humidity last week. Bring it on, I have no problem with it. (But then I have a 2 ton central air unit also)

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                                I do not get all the hoopla .... it is July ... it gets hot in July ...

It is a crappy 95 degrees here in Illinois today ... What is the big deal????

I agree. Come down here in the south and see what hot is !!!

Just joking guys. The heat is bad everywhere and people need to be smarter. I am involved in baseball and we constantly have players and umpires passing out because they don't hydrate enough. We tell them to drink water and such 2-3 hours BEFORE the games. It does no good to drink during the games. Its like putting a bandaid on a gun shot right before it happens.
                                People with no A/C, especially the elderly ones (Spark?) should really take precautions.
                                jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Working...
                                X