Prayers Are Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers Are Needed

I know it's a bit early, but your prayers can't hurt.

Gustav is still a ways away, and to be honest it can go anywhere. But living down here in Louisiana I follow these things closely. I also know that within the last 3 years, the National Weather Service has been right on with it's projected paths. Advancement in equipment has made this possible.

I also have friends in the offshore oil business with Shell. They also have advanced hurricane tracking equipment which goes hand in hand with the N.W.S.

These advanced tracks also shows the hurricane making landfall near Morgan City, Louisiana. A current high pressure is sitting over Florida which can guide Gustav down that path.

Hurricane Andrew hit Morgan City, I believe in 1992. We were on the bad side of the storm then, and will be if Gustav takes the same track.

During Andrew, we suffered some damage to the house and was out of electricity for 6 days.

Again, your prayers can't hurt at this point, and would be greatly appreciated.

BELOW IS THE CURRENT LOCATION OF GUSTAV AND A PIC OF WHERE I'M LOCATED AND THE PROJECTED LANDFALL.

THE RED DOT IS WHERE I LIVE AND THE YELLOW DOT IS THE PROJECTED LANDFALL LOCATION.
    "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Done buddy. I'll be keeping a close eye on it. Good luck

Comment

You and everyone else in the Bayou have mine! Be safe buddy and let's hope these guys are wrong!
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Jimmy, theres always room in Kentucky if you ever want to get away from all that.

God bless you my man
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

Hope it fades out
          He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
            Jimmy, theres always room in Kentucky if you ever want to get away from all that.

God bless you my man
            Thanks JC, I appreciate that and will keep that in mind.

Mom and I already spoke about it and we may not "ride this one out." We have never left for any hurricanes. Our house is very strong, and we have never flooded, but the problem is being without electricity for days.

Although I have a generator with a 10 gallon gas tank, I may not want to stick around for this one.

Comment

UPDATED TRACKING

Comment

here we go again buddy ....

Be safe and keep me posted ... You know I am here

Comment

Wow, be safe I hope it misses you

Comment

OH BOY, THEY ARE REFUSING TO CHANGE THE PATH OF THIS BASTAGE

Comment

God damn Jimmy, stay safe and good luck buddy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                        God damn Jimmy, stay safe and good luck buddy!!!
                        Thanks brother .... And why do these damn things hunt me down right at the start of football season?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsufan
                          Thanks brother .... And why do these damn things hunt me down right at the start of football season?

No Shit!!!!!!!

Comment

Gustav Soaks Haiti, Forecast to Be Hurricane in Gulf (Update4)

By Brian K. Sullivan

Aug. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Tropical Storm Gustav drenched Haiti today and menaced Cuba, Jamaica and the Cayman Islands, while setting a likely course for the U.S. Gulf Coast region devastated by Hurricane Katrina three years ago.

Gustav, which weakened from a hurricane overnight as it passed over Haiti, is forecast to regain steam over the Caribbean and may intensify into a Category 3 hurricane or stronger as it enters the Gulf of Mexico by the weekend, the U.S. government projects. Crude rose as the storm was forecast to hit the Gulf's oil-producing region.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...WV0&refer=home

Hopefully this doesn't hit anyone as that area and the people have already had enough with Katrina.

Comment

Stay safe and board up the Photo Shop. Save that at all costs
                              You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Working...
                              X