Bring Back The Kaptain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we not all grown men here?

This whole scene is too embarassingly ridiculously High Schoolishly clique-like to really comment upon.

Every sports chat board out there has this to an extent, some to larger degrees, and I thought that with this one, I had finally found the exception.

Human beings being what they are, it is only natural to take sides, and the moderators have to be diplomats, exercising neutrality, regardless of where their personal feelings lie.

I do not know the history of the entire story, but in my short time here I have noticed there are definitely a few souls who have ruffled feathers from time to time, as well as having their own ruffled.

I myself am generally ignored, and I have to say the Kaptain was one of the few who consistently acknowledged me. I am not an attention-whore, like so many here and on other boards, but to repeatedly be shunned and unappreciated diminishes the desire to contribute. I have tried , on numerous occasions, to spark serious debate/discussion on pertinent sports topics, but found that if I wasn't bragging about a lofty record or calling something AFC GOM or something, noone really cared to discuss. I know respect needs to be earned, but I am not hurting for it, so I tend to save it for where I am taken seriously and appreciated and highly respected.

So in that regard, I can appreciate the Kaptain's stance. I do feel that he should put all this inane behavior aside to return, as we know he loves this place, warts and all.

PS This is still amongst the best boards I have seen. If everyone would concentrate on beating the MAN, instead of chest-pounding. "look at how much bigger MY dick is!" oratories, then it would be a richer place indeed.

Just my $.02 worth, which exchanges to about $.01
    You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

• Wow, What Happened? Is the Kapt really gone. He was a good capper, person and staple to this site.

I haven't been around much, I quit betting sports (Except the horses) But what happened?

This site needs the Kapt and needs to get rid of the trouble makers.
      Good Luck to everyone
      Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
      Clark: What's steroids?
      Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
      Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

• Originally posted by meaiken
        Wow, What Happened? Is the Kapt really gone. He was a good capper, person and staple to this site.

I haven't been around much, I quit betting sports (Except the horses) But what happened?

This site needs the Kapt and needs to get rid of the trouble makers.
        Start reading buddy!

Comment

• Originally posted by GrandPa
          Are we not all grown men here?

This whole scene is too embarassingly ridiculously High Schoolishly clique-like to really comment upon.

Every sports chat board out there has this to an extent, some to larger degrees, and I thought that with this one, I had finally found the exception.

Human beings being what they are, it is only natural to take sides, and the moderators have to be diplomats, exercising neutrality, regardless of where their personal feelings lie.

I do not know the history of the entire story, but in my short time here I have noticed there are definitely a few souls who have ruffled feathers from time to time, as well as having their own ruffled.

I myself am generally ignored, and I have to say the Kaptain was one of the few who consistently acknowledged me. I am not an attention-whore, like so many here and on other boards, but to repeatedly be shunned and unappreciated diminishes the desire to contribute. I have tried , on numerous occasions, to spark serious debate/discussion on pertinent sports topics, but found that if I wasn't bragging about a lofty record or calling something AFC GOM or something, noone really cared to discuss. I know respect needs to be earned, but I am not hurting for it, so I tend to save it for where I am taken seriously and appreciated and highly respected.

So in that regard, I can appreciate the Kaptain's stance. I do feel that he should put all this inane behavior aside to return, as we know he loves this place, warts and all.

PS This is still amongst the best boards I have seen. If everyone would concentrate on beating the MAN, instead of chest-pounding. "look at how much bigger MY dick is!" oratories, then it would be a richer place indeed.

Just my $.02 worth, which exchanges to about $.01

good post Grandpa......it is nice to get some banter and discussion back and forth on topics...I agree....

I am only good at boxing so i limit my analysis to that sport.....i never cared about views....i just wanted to give folks a heads up and see how accurate my analysis is.....Most fights (almost all) i do not bet....

but now the most important question....

"Granda, What's for supper"????

From hee haw

Comment

• Originally posted by Spark
            Frank, How did BC force out anyone?? Honestly, I would like to hear your opinion on this ...

When you say BC what do you mean?? me .. Monte ... Wayne or all 3 of us ... do you mean the members?? It is such a blanket statement ... I would really like for you to elaborate a little ...

Thanks
            I think he meant BC as a whole... not to sure

But, we lost Kapt, Lsufan,Rwall and now big bit....Spark, i know you fairly well and i know this has to be turning your stomach.. I feel bad for ya kid!

Comment

• Yes doc, i'm sure Spark is heart broken over big bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne1218
                Yes doc, i'm sure Spark is heart broken over big bit.

Just crushed ... hahahaha

Comment

Yes doc, i'm sure Spark is heart broken over big bit.
                  I wont miss big-bit but tibgib will be sorely missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chado1
                    You would know all about this....I catch you refreshing your views everyday....your MLB posts may have only like 30-40 views and than I see you log on and when you log off it is jacked up to over 200....

Deny it all you want but it doesnt take a fuckin rocket scientist to notice someone with 30-40 views log on and after they log off its jacked up to over 200.....coincidence? YEA RIGHT LMFAO....

You never seise to amuse to me....still cant believe your 50 years of age and act like this....

It hurts I know....
                    What you do is even more amusing. You sit in your thread all day bumping it and posting every play as it's the end of the world. Talk about wanting views.
                    Why can't you just let it go, sonny boy.
                    I'm pot, it's been nice to meet you Kettle.
                    Last edited by ChuckLazar; 08-25-2007, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChuckLazar
                      What you do is even more amusing. You sit in your thread all day bumping it and posting every play as it's the end of the world. Talk about wanting views.
                      Why can't you just let it go, sonny boy.
                      I'm pot, it's been nice to meet you Kettle.
                      LMAO...classic....I know what I dont do and I know that you do and I find it absoultely hillarious when I see you log on everyday and refresh your thread....do you thing you are fooling anyone by doing it?????????????????

50 years of age...OMG....LMAO....
                      SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chado1
                        LMAO...classic....I know what I dont do and I know that you do and I find it absoultely hillarious when I see you log on everyday and refresh your thread....do you thing you are fooling anyone by doing it?????????????????

50 years of age...OMG....LMAO....
                        Chad, ENOUGH. Did i not know your last response was going to (Once again) bring a response? We have asked you how many times to stop fucken instigating shit now?

Comment

• Seriously ... When does it end??????

Comment

Seriously ... When does it end??????
                            Im done sorry....
                            SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

• Kaptains "Rescinding his Departure" Statement

rescinding (means to make VOID JC).........

I've done a lot's of reading the last few days, and I've hopefully learned a lot........I've backtracked tons of my posts, and believe you me there's plenty of em, and I've come to the conclusion, that, a lots of my comments could have been construed as arrogance, but I still don't agree with the egotism aspect......But each to his own.......One has to really know me, to know that is INDEED a FALSE interpretation....

With that said, I feel it's over....All the darama and BS re this subject is enough......Those that agree with the egotistical take on me, it's your prerogative (means ones privilege or choice JC)..........Those that disagreed and basicly took up for me, and tried to explain/justify as to what my character really is all about, I thank you.......

I absolutely love this forum, and enjoy putting out games, and my opinion regarding sports events.......There will be no more input from me regarding anything other than sports, as to my opinion is my own, and they can be easily misconstrued, leading to even more debates/arguments.......

I've had several phone calls, numerous e-mails, asking me to come back, cause, the positives outweigh the negatives....After full overview of my posts, and re evaluation of my own personality, I agree.........

Monte says to use the "Ignore" list....I'll do it in a different fashion........I'll read all the posts, like I always do, and use my own INTERNAL "IGNORE" LIST....."....cause like to see where others people stand on different issues.......

kb----Kaz----Garth-----all others, you are entitled to your opinions, it whats America is about.....I'm not gonna endeavor (means to try JC), to change your outlook on me......as I look at it realiastly, it has no bearing on my "True Life" anyway.....as long as my Wife and 6 Sons love and respect me as they do, consider myself luckier than most.......

KAZ---I used the Photography issue as a comparison to not questioning a profession, and you replied, I don't know anything about you, or what you do for a living.....Well I know this much........You're a Professor at a West Coast College.....enough said.......I commend (means applaud JC) you for the time and years of hard work it took for you to get there......so you see, I'm not totally in the dark..........

JC---you notice I can't even come back in, the first post no less, and shoot a pun at ya......I know I can, cause you can take it, and understand who made it, and why........You're a good man.......

Wayne says I'm hard-headed, Papi says I'm stubborn.....well, they could both be right......I am.....to a degree...where that degree starts and stops, I don't know, and don't really care........all I'm saying is this.....I like the Forum, and the Majority of it's members........The few on the other side of that like/dis like fence, I'm gonna Ignore, post my plays, shoot darts (humorous ones), only at those that I know can handle it....

PAPI and I said years ago, lay out the Rope, and some one will be Dumb enough to hang themselves........We also said Ignore the derogatory/detrimental comments from others, and that's where I let it get to me.....I didn't.......

I also know my Boy LSU Jimmy will jump on this, and call me a DRAMA QUEEN, well, I expect no less from him....He's my podna, uncontralable, but my PODNA........

I'll stay in my Threads, go to and maybe Post something in others sports related threads, and that's it....I see where I erred, and I'm gonna try and correct it.........I ask some of you others, to re evaluate your selves also........

Enough of this, and please refrain (means hold back JC), from the BS, about, Glad you're back Kapt., missed you Kapt., or the other side of the fence on this belief, Were you gone????, Place was fine without ya, who cares, and who gives a fuck commment, this is behind me after this post, and hopefull behind you as well.....Those are some of my reasons for deciding to come back, and the MAIN/Heart and Soul reason, I'll keep to myself...........

Let's go about doing what this Forum is all about.....Winners, friends, sharing, and being one big Family, and at the same time, praying we don't have to listen to them do we ?????, at a family re union

In simplicity...............LOCK and LOAD ........

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

• Welcome back Kapt. and thanks for explaining the big words to JC.

Comment

Working...
                                X