Dog question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog question

I am a dog lover---just need to know if anyone has seen anything like this...

My dog who is five--just had a lump removed early June...She seemed ok for awhile but recently has been breathing real heavy and her stomach has grown about a quarter from what it was. She still eats and is perky...She is on cancer medicine...I gave her a tablet a day for 14 days, .5 tablet for 14 days etc...she has no lumps or anything that would suggest the worst thing to think.I am concerned about her belly and her panting so much. If anyone has any thoughts please let me know.

The vet said if her cancer came back it would most likely come back where it started but I don't see nothing there..any info would be appreciated. I am making her an appt this week...

Does the stomach feel bloated??? like an blown up balloon ...

Comment

..She had babies years ago and she is sagging--...but when I touch her belly--outside of the sag she is solid. Their are no lumps and I have picked her up and she doesn't yelp or anything. To me she does look bloated.

Comment

Spark--looks like she has thinned out in her face---but bulged in her belly if I that helps explain it..

Comment

I would ask the vet ... Most likely it is the medicaion she is on ... hopefully ...

Comment

Originally posted by bryce
            Spark--looks like she has thinned out in her face---but bulged in her belly if I that helps explain it..
            I had a couple of dogs die from cancer and one had a bloated stomach ... almost felt like a balloon when you pushed on it ..

I really do not know ... ask your vet and if you can not get a sufficient answer from him/her find another one ...

and good luck buddy ... I know what you are going through

Comment

I am a dog lover---just need to know if anyone has seen anything like this...

My dog who is five--just had a lump removed early June...She seemed ok for awhile but recently has been breathing real heavy and her stomach has grown about a quarter from what it was. She still eats and is perky...She is on cancer medicine...I gave her a tablet a day for 14 days, .5 tablet for 14 days etc...she has no lumps or anything that would suggest the worst thing to think.I am concerned about her belly and her panting so much. If anyone has any thoughts please let me know.

The vet said if her cancer came back it would most likely come back where it started but I don't see nothing there..any info would be appreciated. I am making her an appt this week...
              bryce
              i just put my dog..of 15 great years to sleep , 2 weeks ago !

take her to the vet , let them decide ! hope all is okay !

Comment

bryce
                good luck w/doggie......im out

Comment

I will ask---thanks Spark..She is on afew different meds...they said she would eat more,drink more etc....didn't think she would lose weight in her face and gain abunch in her belly---the heavy breathing is what is worrying me...Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by beerball101
                    bryce
                    good luck w/doggie......im out

Thanks Beer--I remember seeing your post and my heart went out to you---believe me..I was thinking I may have to do the same thing to me dog..don't care what anyone says--it is family to me...A dog is a mans best friend--I come home every day from work now at lunch just so I can see her because I fear the end is near...Thanks Beer and Spark...much appreciated.

Comment

I will ask---thanks Spark..She is on afew different meds...they said she would eat more,drink more etc....didn't think she would lose weight in her face and gain abunch in her belly---the heavy breathing is what is worrying me...Thanks again!
                      Actually that would have me concern also kid ... Good Luck pal and keep me posted ... as you may know i am a HUGE dog lover ...

Comment

Thanks Beer--I remember seeing your post and my heart went out to you---believe me..I was thinking I may have to do the same thing to me dog..don't care what anyone says--it is family to me...A dog is a mans best friend--I come home every day from work now at lunch just so I can see her because I fear the end is near...Thanks Beer and Spark...much appreciated.

To hell what anyone would say ... It IS family ... it is just pitiful they are only with us for such a short period of time ...

Comment

Originally posted by Spark
                          To hell what anyone would say ... It IS family ... it is just pitiful they are only with us for such a short period of time ...
                          My thoughts exactly--- She is great Spark---I am sad about it--we are obviously on the same page when it comes to this subject---see you tommorrow--I will let you know-after her appt...what is happening.

Comment

okay, im back... bryce! needed a moment

what my vet told me & my wife !

a dog has to drink water on a regular basis ..food they can live without for 3 + days , but must drink water !
                            panting is dehydration !

bloated stomach could be, failure to organs ......
                            but my dog was 15 ...big difference to yours !
                            and yes dogs are mans best friends !

hell, i dont know..i would just be happy to hear your dogs okay ! keep us posted ! ty

Comment

Well I will keep giving her water--She has been going through a lot that is for sure...I am afraid the cancer has hit another organ...BEER--thanks buddy I am better informed than I was and will leave two trays of water when I leave for work in the morning. I wil keep you posted...I wear my heart on my sleeve---can't help that!

Comment

Working...
                              X