No announcement yet.

Dog question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good luck wit ur dog, bryce. i hope everything turns out ok.

Comment

Bryce. I can only hope for the best for you and your pup. I have an 8 year old Rottweiler girl that was diagnosed with cancer 1 year ago. After surgery to remove her toe(malignant melanoma), chemotherapy, immunotherapy it came back earlier this year and had spread into her lungs/chest, at which point they told us she had a month or 2 to live. I changed her diet to homemade stew, Put her on these holistic chinese herbal supplements, and give her 2 omega 3 pills everyday. She sees an oncologist & her reg vet (conventional) and a hollistic vet. She just started a newly released FDA approved canine cancer vaccine. So you can see why I work so much & how much I love my dogs! Its been close to 5 months now, and she is panting like crazy now. The doc said it could be an advancement of the cancer or just the fact that its so darn hot. I guess what I am saying is, There are options. Don't give up man! I wouldn't want to extend Agatha's (my dog's) life if it wasn't quality or if she was suffering,a s hard as that is to even think about, but with everything that we have done & tried she is still happy as a clam. I hope yours isnt a cancer, I hope it isn't serious. Know that there are treatment options out there for whatever it is. Google whatever may be wrong or whatever they diagnose the problem as and look for chat rooms and treatment options. Ill be praying for your pup! Keep your chin up man, They feed off your emotions big time!
      Last edited by ckazman; 08-06-2007, 04:00 PM.

Comment

BOL with the dog Bryce. Sad to see you having to deal with this
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

GL with your dog bryce. i hope all turns out well. keep us posted
          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

You guys are the best---Really that is why this board rocks!!
            I took "Katie girl" to the vet what is causing all of the symptoms is the prednisone---the steroid they are giving her. She is full of gas....They took Xrays and everything looks normal. They gave her pills for two weeks and put her on a bland diet. Spark, Beer, Dat, Jc, 10 dime thanks a bunch.

CKAZMAN--I feel for you bro--please keep us posted on your pooch! God bless you all!

Comment

Originally posted by bryce
              I took "Katie girl" to the vet what is causing all of the symptoms is the prednisone---the steroid they are giving her. She is full of gas....They took Xrays and everything looks normal. They gave her pills for two weeks and put her on a bland diet. Spark, Beer, Dat, Jc, 10 dime thanks a bunch.

CKAZMAN--I feel for you bro--please keep us posted on your pooch! God bless you all!
              Glad to hear they found the problem and taking care of it. I have 2 dogs that I love dearly. Hope she gets better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by longnex
                Glad to hear they found the problem and taking care of it. I have 2 dogs that I love dearly. Hope she gets better soon.

Thanks Longnex!! I wish we(dog lovers of the world) all loved the people around us like we love our dogs. If that was the case this world would be a lot better place----this does not include Mr. Vick.

Comment

Bryce. That's awesome news! I am very happy Katie girl will be feeling better very soon. Your vet sounds like they are right on the money. Prednazone works miracles with pain management and just giving their bodies strength, but it can cause side effects, like being really thirsty, and panting a ton and having to pee a ton. I know that all to well from my pups. The bland diet, some rest and relaxation and she she be good to go in a day or 2. I'm really glad she is ok. Best news I've had all day! Give her a smooch and a hug from me!

Comment

bryce

glad to hear its only gas !

take good care of that girl

Comment

Great news buddy!

Comment

Great news about your dog brotha! Hopefully things will get much much better from here.. Keep us informed!

Comment

Originally posted by ckazman
                          Bryce. I can only hope for the best for you and your pup. I have an 8 year old Rottweiler girl that was diagnosed with cancer 1 year ago. After surgery to remove her toe(malignant melanoma), chemotherapy, immunotherapy it came back earlier this year and had spread into her lungs/chest, at which point they told us she had a month or 2 to live. I changed her diet to homemade stew, Put her on these holistic chinese herbal supplements, and give her 2 omega 3 pills everyday. She sees an oncologist & her reg vet (conventional) and a hollistic vet. She just started a newly released FDA approved canine cancer vaccine. So you can see why I work so much & how much I love my dogs! Its been close to 5 months now, and she is panting like crazy now. The doc said it could be an advancement of the cancer or just the fact that its so darn hot. I guess what I am saying is, There are options. Don't give up man! I wouldn't want to extend Agatha's (my dog's) life if it wasn't quality or if she was suffering,a s hard as that is to even think about, but with everything that we have done & tried she is still happy as a clam. I hope yours isnt a cancer, I hope it isn't serious. Know that there are treatment options out there for whatever it is. Google whatever may be wrong or whatever they diagnose the problem as and look for chat rooms and treatment options. Ill be praying for your pup! Keep your chin up man, They feed off your emotions big time!
                          ck,

Did you vet do any recent blood work or x-rays?

Comment

Originally posted by bryce

Glad to hear she's doing better Mark!

How long must she stay on the Prednisone?

Comment

Monte

Yeah the vet, her oncologist, ran some xrays once the canine cancer vaccine was approved for vet use by the FDA and administered before the first treatment as a benchmark, and unfortunately the masses had increased in size and multiplied since she was rediagnosed in March, She is hoping the vaccine gives her a longer lease on life. She is a stage 4 and they usually only prescribe it to stage 1/2/3 dogs. She just knew I would do anything to keep her healthy and happy as long as possible. The vet thinks she is living past the prognosis because of all the measures we have taken and the special dog she is.

Im just real happy Bryce' dog has a positive prognosis. Its good to get really good news after preparing for really bad stuff.

Comment

Bryce,

I know I am jumping in after all the ups and downs, but I have to add that my dogs have been and are a huge part of my 51 years of life. I have spent more on some of the dogs than I want to admit to some, but it was worth every penny. I had one, Sophie, that had a broken hip (both sides) and have to have surgery. Spent over $2,000 just on that episode. (over 15 years ago). It was the best money I ever spent. She's gone after 14 great years. She actually ended up with congestive heart failure- it was painful as she got older and sicker.

All of you that have been in this thread know what I mean. I am so glad your dog is on its way back. Enjoy her. I love my wife, kids and grandkids- but the dogs need me and I need them.

Have a great week. Hope she gets better soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X