Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BettorsChat
    Glad to hear she's doing better Mark!

How long must she stay on the Prednisone?

She had surgery to remove a mass on June 27th..I gave her a pill a day (prednisone starting on July 14) for 14 days, then a half a pill for 14 days, then it will be a quarter pill for the following 14 leading up to quarter pill every other day for another 14 days. I keep my schedule with hers!! I get up in the morning and that is what I do---give her the pill---then I log on to bettorschat!! I asked the vet tonight and he said she should be able to go off of it after this cycle....I love to feed my dog---people food--the vet said don't do it..I said damn...I love to feed that girl...really hard not to do it tonight..I think she is mad at me tonight...she will be ok!

Thanks Monte---I appreciate you asking!

Comment

Originally posted by coachp
      Bryce,

I know I am jumping in after all the ups and downs, but I have to add that my dogs have been and are a huge part of my 51 years of life. I have spent more on some of the dogs than I want to admit to some, but it was worth every penny. I had one, Sophie, that had a broken hip (both sides) and have to have surgery. Spent over $2,000 just on that episode. (over 15 years ago). It was the best money I ever spent. She's gone after 14 great years. She actually ended up with congestive heart failure- it was painful as she got older and sicker.

All of you that have been in this thread know what I mean. I am so glad your dog is on its way back. Enjoy her. I love my wife, kids and grandkids- but the dogs need me and I need them.

Have a great week. Hope she gets better soon.
      Thanks Coach P...I agree the money is well worth it. Had a boxer years ago---got hit by a car...3 days later and $850 I had to put her down...I tried to bring her home from the hospital but she was just so messed up--broke my heart..Thanks for sharing Coach!!

Comment

TMAC-CKAZ-BEER and BIG MIKE--appreciate it...your words mean alot!

Comment

Bryce-

Prednisone is a steroid...makes you retain water and fluid....You see patients (humans) who are on it and they get moon face and gain weight.....Once the cycle is over she will start to lose weight....The other side effect besides fluid retention is markedly increased appetite.....

great news and hope she is around a long time

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
            Bryce-

Prednisone is a steroid...makes you retain water and fluid....You see patients (humans) who are on it and they get moon face and gain weight.....Once the cycle is over she will start to lose weight....The other side effect besides fluid retention is markedly increased appetite.....

great news and hope she is around a long time
            Thanks Tony--my concrnwas her big time panting--I know its hot and all but that really concerned me from what I have heard..her belly swelling also was a concern...she just had surgery for a mass and more than likely I did over react! Thanks TTT

Comment

Originally posted by bryce
              Thanks Tony--my concrnwas her big time panting--I know its hot and all but that really concerned me from what I have heard..her belly swelling also was a concern...she just had surgery for a mass and more than likely I did over react! Thanks TTT
              i do not know if the panting was from the pred. but it does cause tremendous thirst as well.....used to be in the drug industry....most important thing is the pooch is ok!!!

Comment

Awesome news bryce ... Very happy for you and Katie ...

Comment

Working...
                X