No announcement yet.

iF YOUR A YANKEE FAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jeter wins nothing without rivera saving every game except in 96 with all yanks pitching
    richer over the line
    spinnerz

Comment

Guys, people who THINK Arod is the best baseball player in baseball are prob the same people who think Shaq is the best in the NBA.....
      1. Arod is a great player....i feel his numbers are overrated.....dont get me wrong he puts up monster numbers....but in the clutch he flat out sucks.....he'll hit 50 HR's but how many of them are on the line, or in a close ball game....a majority of them are when they're up 10-2 or down huge....I would take at least 3 people in baseball over him...and as great as he is, he cant even hold jeters jock...i would take
      1.jeter
      2. big papi
      3.Fat Albert...
      Shaq, how in the world can people say he is the Best???
      hes not even in the game the last 3 min....i would take at least 15 players b4 Shaq...Plus he's the biggest hyporcrite in this league...D wayde is only in his 2nd yr...id take him over Lebron......
      jordanrules..................

Comment

Originally posted by hacker197
        jeter wins nothing without rivera saving every game except in 96 with all yanks pitching
        Rivera wins nothing without Jeter hitting over 400 in the WS.....what an idiot comment.....YOU dont know baseball with that comment....
        jordanrules..................

Comment

Originally posted by hacker197
          Nobody wins without help or with only ONE player unless we are talking about Tennis or Golf and we are not.

Comment

Originally posted by jordanrules23
            How Is It Possible To Like A-rod....worst Clutch Hitter In Baseballl
            If you're 12 yrs old and live in New York?

As fun as it is to hate the yankees, I am quietly cheering for him to break out of this slump...… it's not fun hating a guy who sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cooler
              If you're 12 yrs old and live in New York?

As fun as it is to hate the yankees, I am quietly cheering for him to break out of this slump...… it's not fun hating a guy who WEARS PURPLE LIPSTICK.

LOL i agree
              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

I am getting so sick of watching him K

Comment

Originally posted by aplous
                  I am getting so sick of watching him K

i think its pretty funny actually
                  2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

[QUOTE=10DimeBry]1st off. Lets clear things up. Manning is a solid QB. he puts up monster #'s. Fact is he simply just doesnt have "it". It being what it takes when the chips are down. He chokes constently in the clutch. Its happend for 4 years now. People continuiously(sp) make excuses for mannings PISS poor play in big games. It happens every year. Thats why i continue to rip him. Manning gets all the credit for the wins and ZERO blame when the team loses, its always.........well Pats D is awesome or ..... Steelers D had his #......or The O line wasnt giving him the necessary protection. blah blah blah......... all of these statements are Valid. BUTTTTTTTT a QB with "it" makes adjustments rises above and preforms @ his best when it counts most. Manning simply doesnt.

elway eventually acquired IT...so did Favre.....But when there is not the surrounding cast I do not care who you are the IT goes out the window......There are many factors that made each of those guys great players.....Most played on great teams which is a MUST to have IT......Look how pathetic the NY Giants made Montana look in the playoffs in the 86 season....Where was IT??? I tell you where IT was....IT was flat on his back with Jim Burt standing above him....I thionk fans and sports shows put too much emphasis on IT and players with Rings in team sports.....The fact is there are guys who are great in the big spot.....but many would not see the big spot were it not for the supporting cast.....Who would i rather have in the big spot brady or manning? brady of course....but not many others over him.....He will have his day and when he wins does he automatically get IT......Will he have validated himself like Elway and Favre???

Comment

TTT,

Manning had the supporting case for the past 4 years. Last year he had a solid top 5 D. harrison,wayne,stokley,Edge,vanderShank and a O line that protected him all "regular season" long. Bottom line is, the guy comes up small time and time again when it counts most. If you dont think so you must not be watching the games.

As far as montana goes? that game your referring to is 1 game, 1 time....So what? Montana has multiple rings, MVP awards and I believe he was the QB for "the catch" do you remember that????? Come on TTT.....manning shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence as Montana.

PS IMO elway didnt have "it" Terrell Davis did. W/O davis elway never wins JACK.....elway should thank Davis for getting him 2 titles.

next question
                      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                        I agree 100%

"It" isn't something you learn, you are born with "It".

Bird
                        Magic
                        Jordan
                        Gretzky
                        Lemieux
                        Montana
                        Brady
                        Bradshaw

"IT" = Championships

"BIG NUMBERS" = Hall of Fame

Sosa
                        Banks
                        Santo
                        Sandberg
                        Wood
                        Prior
                        Buckner

Comment

C'MON TONY!!!!

Manning had more players around him than any of those others you mentioned. He has Hall of Fame around him. He even had the best record and team through the regular season and still didn't come close. To say Peyton doesn't have players around him when he is surrounded by Pro Bowlers is insane!!!

Comment

Bryan, TTT just doesn't know or understand what "IT" is. It's not his fault so we won't blame him!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
                              My take on Marino is that he was a great QB..Some people say he never had a good running game to compliment him or a dominant defense either......According to this criteria i imagine he is simply just good....But in my mind there are not many qb's i would rather have behind center than him.....I do not believe that Rings is the sole criteria of greatness in a team sport such as football
                              Trying to get Dimers opinion since he doesn't think Elway was any good.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                                So what's your take on Marino??
                                marino i believe had "it" only problem was he didnt have the RB he needed to win. its hard to win big games when you only make it to 1 SB in your career. Not to mention bills/broncos going to SB almost every single year. unlike manning, i believe marino is a winner. if he had the weapons that manning had he'd have multiple titles now, regardless of what the Pats or steelers had to say about it
                                2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Working...
                                X