iF YOUR A YANKEE FAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Three Jack
    Hmmmm...how do you feel about Sheffield and Giambi?
    I mentioned that in post 13 but he hasn't gotten back to me yet!

Comment

He is probably trying to find a good excuse why his team is 2-5 against what he refers to as the 'weak-ass NL'....or trying to come up with a better excuse for Aaron Small....
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Jason Giambi MVP FOR YANKS This Year!!!
        NFL RECORD 16-14-0 + 1UNITS

College Basketball 8-3-0 + 5 Units

College Football 6-6-1 -4 Units

NBA Basketball 11-12-0 -3 Units

NHL 1-1-0 + 0 Units

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
          The biggest joke in my opinion is seeing the Yanks second in the betting odds at +450 to win the WS.
          If this was any other team but the Yankees and without the Yankee's history behind them, they would be at around 10-1 to win it all.
          If some one offered them at even money to me to just make the playoffs, I doubt I would take it especially with the loss of two key players.
          You said the same thing, last year, about the Yankess making the playoffs and you would have lost. This is a theme with you.
          Every
          Villain
          Is
          Lemons

Comment

A-Rod = P manning i've been saying this for 3 + years now
            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by rented mule
              You said the same thing, last year, about the Yankess making the playoffs and you would have lost. This is a theme with you.
              I probably did say sort of the same thing last year (I can't remember if if was on their making the playoffs or winning the WS).
              I am simply expressing an opinion this year about what I think their realistic chances are of winning the WS based on the losses of two key players(I stand by 10-1), and about a 50/50chance of winning the WS.
              If you disagree, the fine.
              ps what do you think the odds of them winning the WS should be at this point?
              Last edited by savage1; 06-20-2006, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                HUH?? Bonds is tied for the most HR in one post season isn't he??? How is that not showing up?

okay, here is how that is not showing up!!! - he had 1 good series against anaheim.....and they still lost.....That great performance raised his post season average to a whopping .245....

here are postseason Bonds stats.167, .148, .261, .250, .176, .296, .273, .471, .222

takeout that 1 performance out you speak of wayne (.471 against anaheim) and it is pretty pathetic.....wouldn't you agree?
                Last edited by TwoTonTony; 06-20-2006, 10:36 AM.

Comment

also a-rod's post season numbers in 8 series are..league division series .297.....league championship series .315 for a total ba. of .305

i think the big knock on him is that his teams have not won anything....nor has it seems he has come up huge in the bright lights, but his stats are pretty damn good over a long body of work......I just think people expect too much.......I really think the pressure of NY is finally wearing him down.....From what i understand he is very concerned about image and how he looks....I also hear that he is very aware of the boo's....

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
                    A-Rod = P manning i've been saying this for 3 + years now
                    hey, i think they are both great players.....regardless.....only 1 team can win the superbowl and only 1 the world series......I think the mentality of the "does he have any rings?" is a hard benchmark to assess greatness.......I mean look at marino.....look at tarkenton....Does that mean that Trent Dilfer is a great qb???? It is still a team sport....Last year manning spent the whole game on his fanny...is that his fault???? I realize he has not had good games against the Pats....But do you think maybe the Pats had something to do with that as well???? Why do we discount the competition??/ Playing against and losing to the greatest defensive mind of our time (belechick) should not relegate manning to loser status....JMHO

Comment

manning not that bad, i heard arod was like this in texas too.
                      richer over the line
                      spinnerz

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
                        hey, i think they are both great players.....regardless.....only 1 team can win the superbowl and only 1 the world series......I think the mentality of the "does he have any rings?" is a hard benchmark to assess greatness.......I mean look at marino.....look at tarkenton....Does that mean that Trent Dilfer is a great qb???? It is still a team sport....Last year manning spent the whole game on his fanny...is that his fault???? I realize he has not had good games against the Pats....But do you think maybe the Pats had something to do with that as well???? Why do we discount the competition??/ Playing against and losing to the greatest defensive mind of our time (belechick) should not relegate manning to loser status....JMHO
                        1st off. Lets clear things up. Manning is a solid QB. he puts up monster #'s. Fact is he simply just doesnt have "it". It being what it takes when the chips are down. He chokes constently in the clutch. Its happend for 4 years now. People continuiously(sp) make excuses for mannings PISS poor play in big games. It happens every year. Thats why i continue to rip him. Manning gets all the credit for the wins and ZERO blame when the team loses, its always.........well Pats D is awesome or ..... Steelers D had his #......or The O line wasnt giving him the necessary protection. blah blah blah......... all of these statements are Valid. BUTTTTTTTT a QB with "it" makes adjustments rises above and preforms @ his best when it counts most. Manning simply doesnt.

next question
                        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

it is all about pitching. our starters suck besides Mussina and Wang while our bullpen is over used and over rated besides Mo. Throw in the fact that Torre seems to have lost all his senses with his use of Mo and I wouldn't be surprised if they didnt make the playoffs. pitching wins. you don't have pitching, you can't win. plus i am so sick of hearing all the Yankee fans bitch about A-Rod. everyone acts like he is the only guy on the team not producing.

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
                            1st off. Lets clear things up. Manning is a solid QB. he puts up monster #'s. Fact is he simply just doesnt have "it". It being what it takes when the chips are down. He chokes constently in the clutch. Its happend for 4 years now. People continuiously(sp) make excuses for mannings PISS poor play in big games. It happens every year. Thats why i continue to rip him. Manning gets all the credit for the wins and ZERO blame when the team loses, its always.........well Pats D is awesome or ..... Steelers D had his #......or The O line wasnt giving him the necessary protection. blah blah blah......... all of these statements are Valid. BUTTTTTTTT a QB with "it" makes adjustments rises above and preforms @ his best when it counts most. Manning simply doesnt.

next question
                            I agree 100%

"It" isn't something you learn, you are born with "It".

Bird
                            Magic
                            Jordan
                            Gretzky
                            Lemieux
                            Montana
                            Brady
                            Bradshaw

"IT" = Championships

"BIG NUMBERS" = Hall of Fame

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                              I agree 100%

"It" isn't something you learn, you are born with "It".

Bird
                              Magic
                              Jordan
                              Gretzky
                              Lemieux
                              Montana
                              Brady
                              Bradshaw

"IT" = Championships

"BIG NUMBERS" = Hall of Fame

JETER
                              MO
                              ...thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Vegas
                                JETER
                                MO
                                ...thank you very much.
                                No Doubt they have "It". Some people have both!

I didn't mention ANY MLB players because these days everyone questions them with drug issues, so i left them out.

Comment

Working...
                                X