I hate the yanks but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate the yanks but

Jeter is truly a great player. And he just saved my Sox/yanks parlay, I think.

Arod is not even in his class.
    Remember, one just man causes the Devil greater affliction than a million blind believers

As much as I hate the Yanks, he is a tough player to hate. The Yanks of the late 90's were GREAT teams that you had to respect. You may have hated the uniform but Jeter, Bernie, O'Neill, Brosius, Coney...they all played the game the way it is supposed to be played. Now, other than Jeter, I find it rather easy to hate all of them, especially the guy with purple lips that plays 3rd....
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

I cannot stand that pretty boy purple lipped pansy.
      Remember, one just man causes the Devil greater affliction than a million blind believers

Comment

Thank God he was not up when Jeter was...would have grounded out....

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
          As much as I hate the Yanks, he is a tough player to hate. The Yanks of the late 90's were GREAT teams that you had to respect. You may have hated the uniform but Jeter, Bernie, O'Neill, Brosius, Coney...they all played the game the way it is supposed to be played. Now, other than Jeter, I find it rather easy to hate all of them, especially the guy with purple lips that plays 3rd....
          ditto.....and i am a sox fan....never cared for o'neill....thought he was a crybaby helmet thrower......did not like brosius either....the rest of the club i respected the hell out of.....those years i saw more yanks games than sox games due to my proximity to nyc at the time....good observation

Comment

Originally posted by yuri
            Jeter is truly a great player. And he just saved my Sox/yanks parlay, I think.

Arod is not even in his class.
            Jeter is not in his class as far as what? Jeter is a great player, but by the time he retires, ARod will probably be the most prolific offensive player in the history of baseball. Plus, he's a far better defensive player than Jeter is.

The only thing ARod is lacking is championships and although Jeter clearly wins in that category, he has been surrounded by far better supporting casts than ARod.
            Every
            Villain
            Is
            Lemons

Comment

I'm a HUGE Red Sox fan ... BUT ... I needed that bomb by Jeter to keep my huge Parlay ALIVE ... AND ... I drafted Jeter in the 2nd round (30th overall) in My Fantasy MLB League!

BADA BING ... BOOM!

Comment

Be hating even more when we win #27 at the end of the season lol

Comment

Originally posted by rented mule
                  Jeter is not in his class as far as what? Jeter is a great player, but by the time he retires, ARod will probably be the most prolific offensive player in the history of baseball. Plus, he's a far better defensive player than Jeter is.

The only thing ARod is lacking is championships and although Jeter clearly wins in that category, he has been surrounded by far better supporting casts than ARod.
                  I disagree...I would say the Yankees teams of the last two years, that A-Rod was on, had more talent than the teams that Jeter won championships on.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                    I'm a HUGE Red Sox fan ... BUT ... I needed that bomb by Jeter to keep my huge Parlay ALIVE ... AND ... I drafted Jeter in the 2nd round (30th overall) in My Fantasy MLB League!

BADA BING ... BOOM!
                    ditto!!!

Comment

To answer your question mule, Arod is not in his class because

1) Jeter would have never swiped at any first baseman's glove like a pantload.
                      2) Jeter is clutch, produces when it matters.
                      3) He's just a classy guy, carries himself well.

That's enough for me to take him over A-Rod.

Comment

To answer your question mule, Arod is not in his class because

1) Jeter would have never swiped at any first baseman's glove like a pantload.
                        2) Jeter is clutch, produces when it matters.
                        3) He's just a classy guy, carries himself well.

That's enough for me to take him over A-Rod.
                        Dont forget about the dive into the crowd and coming back with a busted chin and bruises and not to mention coming up with the catch.. Jeter is the heart and soul of the Yanks plain and simple..

Comment

Well put TMAC. I'm a sox fan but I can't deny Jeter's value.

Comment

Well put TMAC. I'm a sox fan but I can't deny Jeter's value.
                            yup.. And IMO Ortiz is the heart and soul of Boston as well.. Manny this and Manny that Ortiz is the man of that team and that is my honest opinion and I will argue with anyone until I am blue in the face about that

Comment

Originally posted by TMAC951
                              yup.. And IMO Ortiz is the heart and soul of Boston as well.. Manny this and Manny that Ortiz is the man of that team and that is my honest opinion and I will argue with anyone until I am blue in the face about that
                              Who would argue that?????

You're stating the obvious!

Comment

Working...
                              X