Did anyone see this article???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frankb03
    What was the final result with the roof last night? Was it open or closed?

It was Open

Comment

Originally posted by compqt
      Remember a couple of years back when the refs blew that call in The 49er/Giant playoff game?/ The very next day the NFL issued a statement saying the officials blew the call and even went as far as changing the positioning of the offical in the end zone to avoid any more blown calls.
      The refs didn't blow the call in the Giant/49er game. They didn't have the balls to make the call in SF.

Refs are fucking spineless. They didn't have the balls to reverse the call in the Rams/Saints game last Sunday. How can 7 or 8 refs that rule the Saint's receiver down. Not one had the balls to reverse an obvious call. They didn't need replay for that play.

Comment

It was Open
        Thanks!

Houston can't blame the roof for losing. Not when they were winning 4-0.

Comment

Check out this crap, especialy Lambs comment
          http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Here's another reason why they are going to get swept

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...nnsi&type=lgns

Comment

To change the subject, there was a great and funny line in at the end of the Borowitz Report today, which is mostly political:

"Elsewhere, in the World Series, some players that no one has heard of defeated some other players that no one has heard of."

Comment

Check out this crap, especialy Lambs comment
              Is Lamb kidding me? He's not saying much about his fans if he feels that way.

Comment

Great article compqt. It sure looks from the article and in view of the manager's ineptness and my overall sense of the team, the Astros are not exactly a dynasty like team;I would be surprised if this year's rise from the ashes is repeated again next season.
                Last edited by savage1; 10-26-2005, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Take It Easy Boston; Go Play Golf With Manny!

Originally posted by savage1
                  Its really ironic that unlike last year when the Red Sox created so much stir, that this year there is more interest in the roof of the gamesite than there is in the teams playing.
                  Yeah I know it is real exciting for the fans who live in Chicago and Houston, but neither one of these teams seem to have the name recognition players (aside from Clemens and Pettite) as compared to last year's playoffs and WS with the Red Sox, Yankees and Cardinals.
                  Even the other night when the White Sox won with a walkoff homerun, and the game itself was pretty good, there really wasn't that much of a stir at least on this thread;there was a lot more talk of the football action of the day, as is the case today.
                  What a difference a year makes.
                  I myself am enjoying the series, but then again, unlike most, baseball by far is my favorite sport.
                  ARE U FUKKING KIDDING ME? LISTEN EASTCOAST BOY THE WORLD DOESNT REVOLVE AROUND BOSTON I CAN GUARANTEE U THAT AND IF YOU DIDNT NOTICE WITHOUT NEW YORK IN THE SERIES LAST YEAR NO ONE REALLY PAID ATTENTION (OUTSIDE OF BOSTON) TO WHAT THE FUKK WAS GOING ON IN THAT SERIES. JUST WAKE UP SMELL THE COFFEE; YOUR BOYZ GOT THEIR ASSES SWEPT OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS(BY A SUPERIOR TEAM) AND PROBABLY WONT BE BACK NEXT YEAR EITHER WHEN MANNY LEAVES TOWN, SO BE THANKFUL THE YANKEE CHOKED FOR YOU LAST YEAR AND TAKE THAT WHOOOOPING YOU GOT FROM THE CHI SOX AND PIPE THE FUK DOWN!
                  Last edited by musclemann; 10-26-2005, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann
                    ARE U FUKKING KIDDING ME? LISTEN EASTCOAST BOY
                    Can't you discuss something with someone without these comments??? .. If you can not please stop posting .... Thanks

Comment

Musclemann-I will be more civil than you were. What I was simply trying to say is whether you want to admit it or not, the chances of the White Sox winning the World Series (which appears to be the case now, and I am thankful as I stated at the beginning of the season that I would take them at 22-1) was a big shock to most including Vegas because of the odds I cited.
                      The Red Sox at the beginning of the season were 4-1.
                      What does that tell you?
                      Well, it tells you that the Red Sox were perceived to have a much better chance of winning it all than were the ChiSox.
                      Obviously that implies that the perception that the Sox had better players, and it follows more name recognizable players.
                      This has been the case for the last few seasons.
                      Thus, I can guarantee you that TV would have much preferred to have the Red Sox in the WS in any of the last few years even without the Yankees than the White Sox.
                      Hey, the White Sox and the Astros deserve credit for getting there, and obviously I felt enough of the White Sox to bet on them when they got off to a great start.
                      I still maintain that even outside of Boston most folks and especially tv would much prefer to have teams with recognizable players.
                      If the White Sox can do it again next year, then the names will grow and will become recognizable to more people.
                      I am not disrespecting the White Sox or Astros by any means, and as stated I personally am happy about developments.
                      I think in all honesty though(and I think tv ratings will bear me out), that a White Sox Astros WS does not engender the same kind of excitement nationwide as would a Red Sox or Yankees WS against a team like St. Louis.
                      I hope you understand my point.
                      ps If you go back in the archives, you will even see that I predicted before the series started that the Red Sox were in big trouble against Chicago.
                      Last edited by savage1; 10-26-2005, 04:09 PM.

Comment

ps I am in agreement with you re: Manny-without him Sox prospects are VERY dim.

Comment

Apology

Originally posted by savage1
                          Musclemann-I will be more civil than you were. What I was simply trying to say is whether you want to admit it or not, the chances of the White Sox winning the World Series (which appears to be the case now, and I am thankful as I stated at the beginning of the season that I would take them at 22-1) was a big shock to most including Vegas because of the odds I cited.
                          The Red Sox at the beginning of the season were 4-1.
                          What does that tell you?
                          Well, it tells you that the Red Sox were perceived to have a much better chance of winning it all than were the ChiSox.
                          Obviously that implies that the perception that the Sox had better players, and it follows more name recognizable players.
                          This has been the case for the last few seasons.
                          Thus, I can guarantee you that TV would have much preferred to have the Red Sox in the WS in any of the last few years even without the Yankees than the White Sox.
                          Hey, the White Sox and the Astros deserve credit for getting there, and obviously I felt enough of the White Sox to bet on them when they got off to a great start.
                          I still maintain that even outside of Boston most folks and especially tv would much prefer to have teams with recognizable players.
                          If the White Sox can do it again next year, then the names will grow and will become recognizable to more people.
                          I am not disrespecting the White Sox or Astros by any means, and as stated I personally am happy about developments.
                          I think in all honesty though(and I think tv ratings will bear me out), that a White Sox Astros WS does not engender the same kind of excitement nationwide as would a Red Sox or Yankees WS against a team like St. Louis.
                          I hope you understand my point.
                          ps If you go back in the archives, you will even see that I predicted before the series started that the Red Sox were in big trouble against Chicago.

IM SORRY. I WAS A LITTLE SENSITIVE ABOUT THE PERCEIVED ANTI -CHICAGO REMARK SO I APOLOGIZE TO YOU. IVE BEEN HEARING IT A LOT AND I REALLY CANT UNDERSTAND HOW THE THIRD LARGEST MARKET IN THE COUNTRY SEEMS WEAK. BUT NO DISRESPECT TO YOU BECAUSE I DID HEAR IT FROM OTHER SOURCES.

Comment

Fuck You Spark

Originally posted by SPARK
                            Can't you discuss something with someone without these comments??? .. If you can not please stop posting .... Thanks

AND YOU, GO FUCK YOURSELF SPARK WHICH IM PROBABLY SURE YOUR PRETTY GOOD AT. P.S, IF YOUR EVER IN CHICAGO PLEASE LOOK ME UP ID BE DELIGHTED. SO GO AHEAD AND BAN ME BITCH.

Comment

Muscleman-No problem.I admire the White Sox and their approach to their game like stealing bases and knowing how to manufacture runs;my Red Sox should learn a few lessons.
                              I was simply pointing out how I think others might perceive them.
                              Last edited by savage1; 10-26-2005, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by musclemann
                                ARE U FUKKING KIDDING ME? LISTEN EASTCOAST BOY THE WORLD DOESNT REVOLVE AROUND BOSTON I CAN GUARANTEE U THAT AND IF YOU DIDNT NOTICE WITHOUT NEW YORK IN THE SERIES LAST YEAR NO ONE REALLY PAID ATTENTION (OUTSIDE OF BOSTON) TO WHAT THE FUKK WAS GOING ON IN THAT SERIES. JUST WAKE UP SMELL THE COFFEE; YOUR BOYZ GOT THEIR ASSES SWEPT OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS(BY A SUPERIOR TEAM) AND PROBABLY WONT BE BACK NEXT YEAR EITHER WHEN MANNY LEAVES TOWN, SO BE THANKFUL THE YANKEE CHOKED FOR YOU LAST YEAR AND TAKE THAT WHOOOOPING YOU GOT FROM THE CHI SOX AND PIPE THE FUK DOWN!
                                Muscleman has to stay off the roids

Comment

Working...
                                X