No announcement yet.

Did anyone see this article???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I can tell, the most significant aspect of the article is the fact that the Astros are paying so much attention to the roof issue. It seems like a healthier response from a player would be "Roof open, roof closed doesn't matter, we just have to do what it takes to win." Will be interesting to see how they play tonight.
    JAG

Comment

Originally posted by JustAGuy
      As far as I can tell, the most significant aspect of the article is the fact that the Astros are paying so much attention to the roof issue. It seems like a healthier response from a player would be "Roof open, roof closed doesn't matter, we just have to do what it takes to win." Will be interesting to see how they play tonight.
      JAG
      I agree JAG. But it could be the media looking for something to write about or hype up. Something similar to what the angels went through with 3 game in 3 days in 3 different cities. So what I'm trying to say is that yes the Astros responded to the question but maybe it's not that big of deal to them. Typical of the media to hype about something that really don't matter.

Look at me I sound like Barry Fricken Bonds. It's the media, It's the media, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....
      It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Originally posted by griffey_mojo
        I agree JAG. But it could be the media looking for something to write about or hype up. Something similar to what the angels went through with 3 game in 3 days in 3 different cities. So what I'm trying to say is that yes the Astros responded to the question but maybe it's not that big of deal to them. Typical of the media to hype about something that really don't matter.

Look at me I sound like Barry Fricken Bonds. It's the media, It's the media, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.....
        Houston players where just on the news saying they are not happy with baseball stepping in and telling them what to do in their home park ... I agree with them ... It is the WS vs Houston ... Home field advantage hey!!!!

Comment

Tuesday's Game
          Astros won last seven Oswalt starts (6-0, 2.83); he has a 2.11 RA in three playoff starts. Seven of his last ten starts stayed under the total. Houston is 39-18 at home when roof is closed, 15-11 when it is open, which is why it has been closed for all postseason tilts so far in '05, but Bud Selig wants it open, weather permitting. Garland is 2-0, 2.42 in his last three starts; his last five all stayed under. Pale Hose only lost one game in postseason so far.

Comment

MLB should leave the decision to the Astros as to open or close roof----Did Selig have any input or questions during the other 73 decisions....Hell no---so why now.........kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain
              MLB should leave the decision to the Astros as to open or close roof----Did Selig have any input or questions during the other 73 decisions....Hell no---so why now.........kapt
              That was exactly my point Kapt .. where was this guy the entire season ... WTF ever happened to home field advantage???

Comment

I agree. I was watching an interview with Selig. What a WANG He must have his prop bet with the CWS to win it all. AHAHA
                It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Originally posted by griffey_mojo
                  I agree. I was watching an interview with Selig. What a WANG He must have his prop bet with the CWS to win it all. AHAHA
                  I can't help believe that MLB is pulling for the Sox

Comment

Something tells me Fox would have preferred some other teams playing.

Comment

Although I am watching this game as I love baseball, it seems more like a regular season game to me rather than a World Series game
                      Something is missing this year.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
                        Although I am watching this game as I love baseball, it seems more like a regular season game to me rather than a World Series game
                        Something is missing this year.
                        Yeah. Yanks vs Red Sox! Doesn't seem the same after the drama the last two years. I am sure fans of the White Sox and Astros would say differently though.

Comment

AL is is just better than the NL.
                          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Vegas
                            Yeah. Yanks vs Red Sox! Doesn't seem the same after the drama the last two years. I am sure fans of the White Sox and Astros would say differently though.
                            In all due respect, give the White Sox and the Astros plenty of credit for working hard to get there, and I am sure your their fans are excited(not much now for Astros).
                            However, as you say it is not quite the same (for me anyways)as seeing David Ortiz or Manny coming up to bat in a key situation or for that matter seeing the Yankees star studded lineup;then again it is asking a lot for any series in any sport to match the drama when those two teams play against one another in a playoff game.

Comment

This is my take on this. baseball should not be getting involved in this. Did they say anything about the roof when Houston was playing the Cardinals or Braves?? I doubt it very much or we would have heard something about it. Selig should be looking at the umpires of in these playoffs instead of worrying about calls. Blatant blown calls that could have been corrected if the umpires got together and tried to get the call right. Remember a couple of years back when the refs blew that call in The 49er/Giant playoff game?/ The very next day the NFL issued a statement saying the officials blew the call and even went as far as changing the positioning of the offical in the end zone to avoid any more blown calls. Selig and MLB should be getting on these Umps and make them get together to get the call right. They blew another one on that homerun last night.
                              Sorry for the ranting, but some of these umpires think they are bigger than the game and that Includes Cowboy Joe

Comment

What was the final result with the roof last night? Was it open or closed?

Comment

Working...
                                X