X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone see this article???

Pretty interesting

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

That is an interesting article, and I agree with Oswalt...it shouldn't be MLB"s decision, it should be the Astros decision, that is their home field advantage.

Thanks for that!
    Rook

Comment

Its definitely debatable. If it's clear skies, and in the 60's why does the roof have to be closed? It seems its an added advantage. Whats the difference between that and installing microphones and loudspeakers in the stadium to amplify fan noise? Based on the Astros record with it open and closed I would love to know before game time

Comment

Originally posted by compqt
        Its definitely debatable. If it's clear skies, and in the 60's why does the roof have to be closed? It seems its an added advantage. Whats the difference between that and installing microphones and loudspeakers in the stadium to amplify fan noise? Based on the Astros record with it open and closed I would love to know before game time
        I heard it early today but I do not remember the exact numbers but it was a huge advantage .. where is Frank when we need him .. hahahaha

Comment

36-17 with roof closed

15-14 with roof open

Huge difference!

Comment

36-17 with roof closed

15-14 with roof open

Huge difference!
            Thanks compqt ... I knew it was a big difference ... I do not think it effects the WS at all ... It helps the Stros an awful lot though ...

Comment

I don't know Spark I like the Sox a lot more with the roof open

Comment

I don't know Spark I like the Sox a lot more with the roof open
                I can understand what your saying compqt but the Stros need the extra advantage of the ball carrying farther a hell of a lot more than the WS ... It really effects the shots down the lines also ... The ball justs comes off the bats a lot quicker in a dome ... Like the hitters are using aluminum bats ... WS do not need the extra power ...

Comment

is it a full dome or open around the ends like Safeco??

Comment

Full dome as far as I know ...

Comment

Let's go SOX!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                        Let's go SOX!!!!!!!!!

I agree!!

Comment

compqt,
                          I heard a blurb about this on the radio this morning but didn't hear any details. Thank you very much for the link!

Comment

I wonder what the totals are with the roof open and closed? Like Spark said the ball carries more with the roof closed.

Comment

Its really ironic that unlike last year when the Red Sox created so much stir, that this year there is more interest in the roof of the gamesite than there is in the teams playing.
                              Yeah I know it is real exciting for the fans who live in Chicago and Houston, but neither one of these teams seem to have the name recognition players (aside from Clemens and Pettite) as compared to last year's playoffs and WS with the Red Sox, Yankees and Cardinals.
                              Even the other night when the White Sox won with a walkoff homerun, and the game itself was pretty good, there really wasn't that much of a stir at least on this thread;there was a lot more talk of the football action of the day, as is the case today.
                              What a difference a year makes.
                              I myself am enjoying the series, but then again, unlike most, baseball by far is my favorite sport.
                              Last edited by savage1; 10-25-2005, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X