Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timster-thanks. I thought they were totals; I was confused because during Sebastian's amazing streak I think most of his picks were sides.

Comment

LLWM-Folks like me who have been diehard Sox fans for as long as me(52 years) ALWAYS expect the other shoe to drop and I myself am actually never get my hopes to high EVER.
      I can always take my mind off things by calling Phil Steele's Northcoast compline and be thoroughly "entertained" and "engrossed" by repeatedly hear Phil extoll over and over again the virtues of his 2004 College and NFL Preview Magazines, his 2004 College Playbook and of course his PowerSweep Newsletter crammed full of the most "useful" information needed to help you decide on who to bet on in every game in the college and NFL seasons.

Comment

Any one have William Foote's underdog game of the month

Comment

Phil Steele

Savage et al,
          Phil Steele college preview is pretty good although he is pretty poor at predicting how teams will do with the exception of the Big 10, his back yard (Cleveland). He is so clueless about the SEC it is ridiculous (has a fixation on Tennessee and does not like Georgia). POWERSWEEP on the other hand is fair, but he got his ass kicked last season for the most part. In fact, he has never been more frustrated with the weekly results as he was in 2003.

Tread carefully if you subscribe (I won't be renewing).

GL!

P.S. I call his comp tape religiously. Simply can't get enough! :D :D :D :D

Comment

Mike Nowlin, Winning Selections

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by MichelleN
              Any one have William Foote's underdog game of the month
              william foote MIN (underdog of the month)

Comment

Re: Phil Steele

Originally posted by Spiccoli
                Savage et al,
                Phil Steele college preview is pretty good although he is pretty poor at predicting how teams will do with the exception of the Big 10, his back yard (Cleveland). He is so clueless about the SEC it is ridiculous (has a fixation on Tennessee and does not like Georgia). POWERSWEEP on the other hand is fair, but he got his ass kicked last season for the most part. In fact, he has never been more frustrated with the weekly results as he was in 2003.

Tread carefully if you subscribe (I won't be renewing).

GL!

P.S. I call his comp tape religiously. Simply can't get enough! :D :D :D :D
                as bad as phil was in college football last year, he did take LSU as his sleeper national champ. contrary to what USC fans say, he was right.

Comment

Uncle Phil

Friday you're not a little impartial now are you?

I saw LSU in Atlanta, and I tend to agree although USC vs LSU would have been one for the ages. 'Ole Pete Carroll has something going out there, and I got to wonder if it's legal(!!)
                  I mean, how can he turn around a dead program that quickly?

See you in Athens!

Comment

Steele/NCoast

The reason people like me use Steele is he is phenomental on his top plays. He also doesn't hype up ratings as his biggest plays are only 4.5 or 5 stars. He's been very iffy on coll fb the last two years but great in the NFL and pre-season and his college GOY was one of the year's biggest line annihilations (Wisconsin over Mich State). Why Savage 1 is so riled about Steele's fairly modest hyping is beyond me given that his hypsterism pales when compared to Feist, Root and that fraud Marc Lawrence. The key on services like Steele is to know their strengths. If you simply play his games of the month and games of the year, you are almost certain to make money and (probably lots of it). He also accurately posts his results and doesn't invent moronic gimmicks like "Games of a Lifetime" as Lawrence and his ilk do. I hope that didn't come off as shilling, since I have (accurately) accused a few others on this forum of being shills like those that appeared and quickly disappeared this week for conman Mel Stewart.
                    I'm done ranting.

Comment

phil steele

He also has weekly picks in the NY daily news, I'll try to post them each week
                      Lord Knows I'm A Voodoo Child

My record Click Here

Comment

Re: Mike Nowlin, Winning Selections

Originally posted by Spiccoli
                        Anyone?
                        How many services does this guy own??

Comment

Who, me?!

You've got to be shitting, right?!

I WISH I owned a Service. Hell, I'm just looking to try and win back a few bucks.

Mike Nowlin has been hot as hell with ONE losing day in July! He has gone 2-2 or 3-1 every time he's been posted. 'Nuff said.

Winning Selections is great if they are on the same side as Nowlin or Langdon.

Gracias. :cool:

Comment

Griswold-I kid a lot about Phil Steele, yes;however I do respect his big plays and play them all when they are posted.
                            My only point is that I simply don't believe this crap about becoming a football expert merely by purchasing his college and NFL preview magazine, which he says is loaded with information.
                            I maintain that while a lot of it might be interesting to a few, that most of it has very little to do with who will cover on gameday.
                            I assure you the large and successful syndicates don't base their picks on anything contained in a preview magazine.
                            Personally I think compiling all this data(I say most of it useless) does little more than fuel Phil's ego in that he can brag that his magazines contain more information than other preview issues.
                            Obviously if he sells a lot of these issues, he profits, and that is all that counts.
                            I would venture to say that all of the preview magazines are all about the same in their value to most cappers whether they have as much info. as Steele's magazines or not.
                            Hope above clarifies things.
                            Last edited by savage1; 07-24-2004, 11:37 PM.

Comment

To Savage 1

I certainly don't disagree that the arcane info in the magazine is of little use to bettors. However, for geeks like me that thrive on knowing all that stuff, it's rather interesting. I get several preview magazines---for no reason other than my narrow interests---and Steele's are the best but your point is otherwise well taken. As for his sales pitches on his comp tapes, I guess that's the price paid for getting a freebie pick. Try listening to a Feist comp tape and it'll really make you nuts.

Comment

Griswold-I hear you, and in all fairness I personally would be bored reading about who the second and third string centers are on College Team A or who the recruits are, etc. I guess not everyone feels the same way based on what you just said.

Comment

Working...
                                X