Big Als Bowl game package question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SweetLou,

So I take it that you believe that just about everyone on that site wins on a consistent basis?

Comment

Fact of the matter is that no matter how honest the cappers are, the paid sportscapping industry is dying a slow death with the advent of and fast spreading use of the internet.
      I remember a few years ago when 900 numbers were in vogue with cappers, and today they have fallen from grace and are a fraction of what they used to be.
      Fact is unless someone is a saint(who would't even gamble to begin with), he will not pay for something which is available for nothing, which is the case now for most of big name cappers.(not even mentioning the fact that there uncanny cappers around like Memphis Mafia-the best day in and day out capper I have ever seen, who posts for nothing every day).
      Call it evolution or whatever you want, but the best bet on the board is that the vultures are starting to swoop their wings in anticipation of this soon to be extinct industry.

Comment

I disagree

900 numbers may not be out there as much and that's because the sports sites sell through the internet which is much cheaper than those 900 numbers.

Look at how many services have popped up over the years. And i've seen some smaller ones gain a lot in customer base just over the past few years.

I don't think the sports services are going anywhere. Plus you have to remember only a small fraction of the people that actually wager access gambling sites like this on the web.

Comment

Sports Monitor

Monte:

It will hesitantly weigh in here because these discussions never seem to put services in a good light even if a handicapper really intends to do a good job for his/her clients. Certainly, many if not most services have a bad reputation for very good reasons. I type this article only as a means of providing a little more information with the hopes that everyone can get along.

I am also monitored by Ruth Glasgow at the Sports Monitor of Oklahoma City. She is legitimate. The reason why everyone on the site is on the plus side is because she generally only posts the cappers that are having a winning season for a particular sport on the site. All of the cappers that are monitored by her are listed under the handicappers section of the site. If someone is listed in the handicappers section but is not listed on the plus side under a particular sport, then you can assume that capper is on the minus side. I am sure that the records of all the handicappers (both winning and losing) are available from Ruth upon request. She sends out a listing to us every week that contains both the winners and the losers. I don't know whether she would be willing to post the complete list on forums or her site, but I don't think it would bother most of the handicappers that are monitored by her.

From my understanding, the website has been used as a marketing tool for handicappers to show who is doing best. However, it certainly does not show who is doing worst. From my experience, you need to be pretty close to the top if you expect to get much business from any monitor. Thus, I doubt it makes much difference whether you are hitting 44% or 52% for a particular season. You will not be selling picks based upon the fact that they are monitored unless you are near the top ten. People want to be with the hot handicapper, and I cannot disagree with that philosophy.

Nonetheless, Ruth Glasgow never marks a pick right that was wrong or vice versa. All the "big names" (Northcoast, Marc Lawrence, etc) in the industry are monitored by her if they have any intention of being legitimate so it means something to get a top ten on that site. In my opinion, it is better that handicappers are monitored than not monitored.

The other drawback with that site is that some cappers have more than one "club" that is monitored. I only sell one set of selections, but I guess if someone is selling more than one set you can just add up the selections of all the clubs to figure out what the aggregate record is. Unfortunately for me, I am around 50% for the year so you will not see me listed on the site for regular season football.

Hopefully this information will shed some light on that website.

Comment

Savage1:

Your theory regarding the downfall of services is interesting. I am just playing devil's advocate. Don't you think that the internet has spread to the point of being available to all gamblers now? Don't most people bet offshore with internet accounts and have access to this very forum right now? Nonetheless, services seem to come and go like they always have. Some thrive, most just exist to make a few extra dollars, and some disappear quickly.

Even if the services that exist today did falter, what makes you think best handicappers on forums such as this would not seize the moment and start their own services to make guaranteed money in addition to that they already make by gambling? Why would they not to take some extra money as a reasonable fee for their information if people would pay them?

Anyway, would the world really be a better place without the services that actually try to supply consumers with honest information and opinions? Would you like it more if the newsletters such as Powersweep and other information that is provided by services was never again made available for public use? I don't think I would like that too much even if I didn't run a service.

Comment

If you look here you will see that everyone is not a winner, you are looking at the top 25 rankings if you go into the archives you can see...

for example if you look you will see that vegas vics sports here was showing a net loss of 2390 and so on

900 PHONE SERVICE
              RK
              W/L%
              W/L
              WINS
              PROFIT
              W/L
              PROFIT
              W/L
              PROFIT

THE DAKOTA KID 900
              184/145
              $22,900
              93/73
              $14,100
              91/72
              $8,800

DAWG POUND HOTLINE
              61/49
              $370
              30/23
              $110
              31/26
              $260

THE STAT REPORT
              150/122
              $8,390
              81/57
              $10,550
              69/65
              -$2,160

AMERICAN SPORTS ANALYSTS 900
              59/48
              $2,010
              24/12
              $3,520
              35/36
              -$1,510

FATHER & SON SPORTS SERVICE
              81/66
              $2,800
              50/29
              $6,580
              31/37
              -$3,780

STEAMLINE
              68/56
              $690
              35/22
              $1,270
              33/34
              -$580

AL MCMORDIE'S Bigal.com 900
              63/55
              $2,900
              34/28
              $2,980
              29/27
              -$80

3G SPORTS 900
              166/145
              $20,010
              80/62
              $23,100
              86/83
              -$3,090

PRO TECH SPTS 900 SPORTSLINE
              146/128
              $30
              75/79
              -$7,750
              71/49
              $7,780

FIVE STAR SPTS PLATINUM CLUB 900
              149/132
              $11,060
              71/67
              -$680
              78/65
              $11,740

BRYAN LEONARD SPORTS 900 FTB
              88/78
              $530
              47/33
              $7,320
              41/45
              -$6,790

BILLY COLEMAN SPORTS 900
              107/97
              -$3,430
              62/49
              $2,980
              45/48
              -$6,410

CLARK COMPTON'S HEADLINER
              A
              19/9
              $6,310
              5/4
              $640
              14/5
              $5,670

GREG DEMPSON SPTS 900 EXECUTIVE
              A
              22/14
              $4,650
              13/4
              $6,930
              9/10
              -$2,280

TEXAS SPTS WIRE SUPER PLAY 900
              A
              35/29
              $3,100
              9/6
              $2,400
              26/23
              $700

VEGAS VIC SPTS GUARANTEED 900 LINE
              A
              18/16
              -$2,620
              12/6
              $310
              6/10
              -$2,930

GREG DEMPSON SPORTS 900
              A
              22/20
              $1,080
              11/11
              -$480
              11/9
              $1,560
              ....CUZ I'M RICK JAMES BBYYAATTTCCCHHH!!! Show Charlie Murphy ya titties!!

Comment

Pioneer and Bettorchat-my only point is that the larger services are going to have a very hard time surviving because more and more people will have computers and/or learn from other gamblers who do have them that their picks are available for nothing, and that certainly does not do the former any good.
                I am not putting a judgment on it, and obviously some services do pretty well.
                As stated, if what I say comes to pass, the average person who pays for the picks of the larger services and who when the word is spread further learns that the stuff is available for nothing, simply won't pay;secrets" of this type can only be kept so long.
                Yes, other services will start up and some of the guys who post for nothing will then also try to charge, but unless they have a small and devoted clientele, the same fate will befall them.
                Gamblers have friends who also have friends, and some of them have computers who get the picks for nothing now.
                In view of above doesn't it at least in theory make sense that more and more folks will learn this and thus not pay, which will in turn hurt the services.
                I myself have paid for services in the past-Northcoast, the Animal, OC Dooley and several more.
                Once in a while, if there is a small service which I know is good, I still on a rare occasion will pay if they have a big play going.
                However, I certainly am not going to pay for the services cited in the last paragraph when I see their picks posted for nothing. Would you?
                Anyways, I just wanted to clarify my feelings.

Comment

I do believe that big al is as honest as they come; that being said, it does not appear that this is an extrodinarily large forum to worry about picks being released here. I remember back to b. mac, when he started to release games late and lost a good portion of his subs because they had gotten beat by line moves.

How many subs or paying customers would be gained if al's picks weren't released here? How many gained because they are, and someone can't be at the computer every minute, so they decide to buy, not to miss his selections? It probably all evens out; and if nothing else inhances his rep for future years, and certainly no better marketing, than first hand experience.

Comment

Sweetlou,
                    My problem had nothing to do about anybody being monitored. My problem was the fact that cappers take advantage gamblers who are down and very vulnerable, and willing to pay anything to get their money back. I compare them to telemarketers taking little old ladies savings and Soc. Sec. money. If Al isn't like Root, Feist, Spreitzer and the rest... then he hangs with the wrong crowd. If he knows their tactics and continues to be part of it, then he's just as guilty.

As far as Al not charging $500 for a pick, take a look at this. This from Roots site.

Ten Dimes Club - CBB

$500.00
                    This is the type of game you bet 10 dimes on. These games are rare, but when Big Al puts one out, you know it's going to hit. An example of this was Rice on Nov. 29th, a 7.5-pt underdog that BLEW OUT Louisiana Tech ON THE ROAD 49-14. Do you want to be on the RIGHT SIDE of games like this from now on? If so, be on the lookout for Big Al's next Ten Dimes Play...

As far as the monitoring part Pioneer, if only cappers with winning records are shown, how do you know who is monitored and who isn't.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Savage i agree totaly with you! Services will continnue to fall &
                      most are not customer friendly and reliable!
                      Save your $$$$$$$$$ pick your own games!

The #1 DOCUMENTED Sports Handicapper (BIG AL)
                      How does every service seem to be #1 ?

Documented #1 (6 years ago) 1 time!

Comment

For what it's worth Big Al's Bowl record this year on what's posted at this forum 3-0

5* TCU
                        5* Oregon St
                        Houston (Don't know its rating)

Comment

I cant resist anymore :

Albeit some qualified information has been posted here and views from all four corners of the globe , I go on record as siding with savage1 in his estimations of the future . I personally have ran a sheet service for many years and watch customers come and go (but) the ones who learn thier craft (meaning the ones who hung with me for years) are slowly dwindling and setting out on thier own.

I must say that I feel that education alone is starting to advance such moves , but when you couple the fact with the ever increasing amount of free knowledge that is present today and then throw-in forums (like this one) where people are just trying to help thierselves first and foremost but dont mind helping others as well and you have a reciepe for Romes downfall !

JMHO

G.L.

***MMM***

" The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

I have said it before and will say it again;I don't care if you are a $50 bettor or a $5000 or more bettor;anyone who pays more than $100 for any game is just plain stupid.
                            Unless a game is fixed, no one has information that warrants a charge of more than what I stated.
                            Athletes are human beings and no one can predict with certainty the "bounce of the ball" for sure with especially with pointspreads to worry about.
                            There are too many naive people who believe that the more that one charges for a pick, the better it is;yeah right.
                            As we all know, many free cappers who post here post GOYS which win, and I would bet anything that over time they win at least as much as those who charge well in excess of $100.
                            I defy anyone to prove me wrong.
                            Last edited by savage1; 12-27-2003, 01:33 AM.

Comment

savage 1

if they can , I will reward them for thier efforts !

G.L.

***MMM***

:cool: :cool: :cool:
                              " The Wind Does Not Wait For The Tree To Bend "

Comment

in reply to services

If you people don't think these handicappers are going to be around you are wrong.For example,do you realize that there have been 100's of free download music sites that have surfaced in the past few years. Somehow,someway the music biz somehow manages to make a ton of money. Don't be fooled because 5000 people log on . There are millions who log in on the music and they still make plenty of money. I know personally that there are plenty of people who still have no idea of these types of sites exist. So relax and enjoy these picks and hope they are the right ones.!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X