Big Als Bowl game package question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Als Bowl game package question

Does anyone know why in bigals bowl game package ORE ST wasnt listed? It was a 5* play??
    ....CUZ I'M RICK JAMES BBYYAATTTCCCHHH!!! Show Charlie Murphy ya titties!!

according to my records, oregon state was not one of his picks in the bowl package

Comment

Big Al

He added it yesterday. Supposedly this is not an unusual circumstance.

Comment

Repeated from yesterday's post

As a subscriber to Big Al over the last three years I can tell you that he never releases ALL of his College Bowl plays at once.

When you sign up you are given a phone number for a voice mail with his plays and told when the next update will be. There is at least one update over the course of bowl season with several additional plays and/or changes in star ratings of previously released games. Since about 2 weeks has passed since he originally put out his bowl picks you can see how there could be changes with line moves, suspensions, injuries, etc.

So I presume that the Las Vegas Bowl is part of that update, and if anyone has the updated picks, please post.

Good luck,
        "Mike"

Comment

My Bowl Picks

Mike,
          You're right. I don't release all my selections at once. And there are a lot of games that I have not yet released that may be released 30 minutes before game time.

On another note, it's awfully frustrating to see the picks posted on these forums. I don't understand how some people think it's OK to steal and break the law. Some folks have lost their moral compass. The upshot is that I could be forced to raise my prices and/or release the games close to game-time, and those are 2 things that I prefer to NOT do. But when a client posts picks at a forum, which is disrespectful to myself and my other clients, then it will result in changes in the way I deliver my games.

Happy Holidays....Al McMordie
          http://www.bigal.com

Comment

You've got to be joking. The only law being broken is you taking advantage of people. You freakin bother people with your annoying calls begging for money. You don't give a shit if people are taking out loans or even stealing money to pay off their debts. As long as you get your cash. If your so great why don't you just get rich from your own picks. Your brothers Root, Coppick and Ness are the same. $500 for a game? Come on, give us a break and be happy someone is actually paying for your picks.

Comment

I second that. PNB is absolutely right.
              Mamasemamasamamacoosa - Michael Jackson

Comment

packnbuck

First, I do bet on my games.

Second, handicapping is my JOB. It's an awful lot of work for me to do thorough research. I'm very appreciative of my clients, and I attempt to put out the best product through my research. I spend upwards of 20 hours a day working, and I don't think it's too much to ask for people to respect that. If someone doesn't want to buy my service, fine. But to condone theft is immoral. Why don't you walk into an Apple Store and walk out with an iBook. After all, Bill Gates shouldn't be charging 1500 dollars for the computer. He certainly doesn't need the money, and he should be happy that anyone would pay something for his computer.

Ideally, these forums should be used to share each member's information and ideas. I've participated in forums with that structure that have been a lot of fun. But I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that point....Al

Comment

Al, to take your analogy further. If I buy a CD is it illegal or unethical for me to share listening to the music with friends? Of course not. If you read this forum you'd realize you are somewhat held in high standards compared to other scam artist. Although, I'm somewhat a new member the members of this have lots of faith in our own selections. The difference we don't charge.

AL, If you play your own selections and you are as good as you claim then participate regularly in this forum and give your selection for free like many others.

Comment

The difference between you and Gates is that when you buy his product you get something that you can use for a couple of years, hopefully. Just like any other product.
                    When you charge $500 for a pick and make your guarantee, how much do expect your client to put on that game? Most likely around $5000, right? Your site states 2003 NFL/NCAA FB combined -31.2 *'s. If your other service plays are better I would think they would be posted.
                    Most of these topics on this site are for sharing info. It's just to bad that so many people are caught up in all the so-called Cappers front. Man there's people asking for for cappers whose records are hitting at 25%.
                    Still have a big problem with you calling anyone a thief. What goes around comes around.

Comment

LOL hanx....your Al? Ok....If you bet on the games why would you need our 15$ for a phone call? LOOOOSER

Comment

FrankB

I'll give away my work-product for free if PackNBuck will give me his Sports Memorabilia inventory for free.

Anyway, Frank, should you need any handicapping theories (like your NBA system) checked out, feel free to email me, and then you could always post the system's results at this site.

Indeed, it would be my desire to trade this kind of work for NOT having my picks posted here.

Comment

PackNBuck

You said that the difference between myself and Mr. Gates was that someone doesn't "need" my product and that they can use his product for years.

What about the sports memorabilia items that you sell. Surely, someone doesn't need a 3 inch by 4 inch piece of cardboard with a player's photo on it, or a helmet with ink on it. But you're still engaged in that commercial enterprise, and if someone wants to buy it, you don't inquire whether they can afford it. I personally buy a lot of sports memorabilia myself, and have a Robin Yount game worn jersey and a Brett Favre autographed helmet in my collection. And it can't be important that a product be "used for years" like a computer. Otherwise, why pay for a coca-cola. That product certainly isn't used for a long-term, and isn't even necessary. Indeed, the vast majority of products we buy are 'wants' not 'needs'.

Comment

Al, check your email.

Comment

dispute

I surely do not think anyone is 'breaking the law' by posting Al's picks but obviously yhe dude is going to be pissed off about it......

if that is Al, then he is new to this forum and will find out that most of us who are daily contributors, and post our picks and our records are not paying attention to the service thread.........our records are just as good, if not better than most services

HOWEVER...........from what i know about services, Al does not deserved to be compared to wayne root, cokin, sprietzer, ron bach, jack price, jim feist, etc. etc..........Al is an honest guy who is just doing this to make a living, just like everyone else does what they do to make a living, so i do not think it is fair to bash the guy

just my opinion
                              b

Comment

Working...
                              X