GB
    ------
    2008 (6-10) Without Favre
    2007 (13-3) With Favre

NYJ
    ------
    2008 (9-7) With Favre
    2007 (4-12) Without Favre

He may not be the Favre of old but he is a Winner and i would take him for 1 year over 1/2 the other QB's in this League!

And I would definately take him over Tavaris Jackson or Gus Frerotte. If I were him, I would come back...he'd be no worse than they are...just stop telling people he is done....that's all.

The Jets were a better team because of Brett Favre. The Packers were not a worse team because of Aaron Rogers.
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
      And I would definately take him over Tavaris Jackson or Gus Frerotte. If I were him, I would come back...he'd be no worse than they are...just stop telling people he is done....that's all.

The Jets were a better team because of Brett Favre. The Packers were not a worse team because of Aaron Rogers.
      Put him in Minny with that defense and Peterson and i'm thinking they are going to suddenly scare alot of people!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
        Say what you want BUT ...

GB
        ------
        2008 (6-10) Without Favre
        2007 (13-3) With Favre

NYJ
        ------
        2008 (9-7) With Favre
        2007 (4-12) Without Favre

He may not be the Favre of old but he is a Winner and i would take him for 1 year over 1/2 the other QB's in this League!
        At the start of '08...... If anyone would have told you Favre will win NINE games in NY this year ( 6 game improvement). Anybody, and I mean anybody would be impressed. Favre set the bar TOO HIGH FOR HIMSELF, when he started the season at 8-3. A four win team won 8 games in the first 11 of the next season. That's pretty impressive in itself.
        "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
          WOW, 3J, come on. When Jordan retired from the Bulls, and then decided to come back..... did the Bulls tell him "No, we already have another Shooting Guard." The Favre situation was between him and the front office. When did Brett get his "panties in a twist"???? When he agreed to play for another team??? The Pack didn't want him, he went elsewhere. What'd you want him to do??
          Mavs, you can't possibly compare this to the best NBA player of all-time that retired in his prime versus a 39 yr old QB?

Listen, I don;t want to re-hash everything that happened last year but my whole point was that everything I thought was fine (Favre retired, Pack moved on, Favre wants to come back) until Favre got all pissy when the Pack wouldn't trade him to Minny. He wants to un-retire....I get that. Fine, come back and play. People have a change of heart, things change...I get it. But why should he dictate who he goes too? And a team in his own division? That is what got me down on him.

Comment

Put him in Minny with that defense and Peterson and i'm thinking they are going to suddenly scare alot of people!
            Well, only if he is the Brett Favre of the first 9 games, not the last 7. If I am Minny, why not take the chance.....

Comment

At the start of '08...... If anyone would have told you Favre will win NINE games in NY this year ( 6 game improvement). Anybody, and I mean anybody would be impressed. Favre set the bar TOO HIGH FOR HIMSELF, when he started the season at 8-3. A four win team won 8 games in the first 11 of the next season. That's pretty impressive in itself.
              Are you discounting the $200+ million in free agents they brought in before last year as well???

Comment

Why do you guys think ESPN has all of the breaking news on this stuff? IMO, it is because Favre is the 'unnamed' or 'source' in the majority of it.
                Three Jack, that's absurd. You think he called in to ESPN today and said "Hey, I'm gonna' go meet with the Vikings now." Favre is a huge story and I bet there are reporters who could tell you what grocery store he shops at, and definitely know if he meets with an NFL team.

Comment

Mavs, you can't possibly compare this to the best NBA player of all-time that retired in his prime versus a 39 yr old QB?
                  Three Jack, I remember the last 2 years in Washington and they were hard to watch. Jordan certainly did not finish in his prime. No way in hell. He had trouble getting up high enough to dunk the ball in his last season.

Comment

Three Jack, I remember the last 2 years in Washington and they were hard to watch. Jordan certainly did not finish in his prime. No way in hell. He had trouble getting up high enough to dunk the ball in his last season.
                    Agreed...but my comment was in response to Mavs who was comparing it to Jordan's return with the Bulls and not the Wizards. Jordan left the Bulls the first time in his prime.

Comment

Three Jack, that's absurd. You think he called in to ESPN today and said "Hey, I'm gonna' go meet with the Vikings now." Favre is a huge story and I bet there are reporters who could tell you what grocery store he shops at, and definitely know if he meets with an NFL team.
                      I don't think it is so far fetched. He talks and seems to be friends with every ESPN reporter and they always have the scoop. Does he call them and offer it up...probably not. But I think he is very friendly with a lot of their announcers and when they ask a question he probably says 'off the record'...and gives them an honest answer to the question.

Comment

Listen, I don;t want to re-hash everything that happened last year but my whole point was that everything I thought was fine (Favre retired, Pack moved on, Favre wants to come back) until Favre got all pissy when the Pack wouldn't trade him to Minny. He wants to un-retire....I get that. Fine, come back and play. People have a change of heart, things change...I get it. But why should he dictate who he goes too? And a team in his own division? That is what got me down on him.
                        Why shouldn't Favre have been pissy??? You don't want him compared to Jordan, fine. That's fine.

At the end of the 2007 regular season. Favre had played 257 regular season games (not to mention playoffs), he played 255 of those games for the Green Bay Packers, CONSECUTIVELY. He threw for 60,000 yards as a Packer, and 440+ touchdowns. He played nearly 300 games in nearly 16 seasons, and NEVER took a Sunday or Monday off. Played through injuries, death in his family, and problems with drugs and problems with his wife's health. And he played GREAT! He dedicated his ENTIRE CAREER to the Packers orginization!

After all that, if he wants to come back HE HAS THE RIGHT TO. No matter how many times it occurs. If he retires and wants to come back the next year. They have no right to tell him NO. The guy IS the Packers, it's sad the Packers didn't realize that last year.

Comment

Are you discounting the $200+ million in free agents they brought in before last year as well???
                          Funniest thing I've ever heard...... Why is Favre shafted when the lose 4 of their last 5???? Why is it SOLELY his fault. You don't hear about those guys when they go 8-3, and you don't hear about them when they crash and burn. So, in terms of the media's view on Favre last year. YES! I discount the 200+ million dollars in other guys.

Comment

Why shouldn't Favre have been pissy??? You don't want him compared to Jordan, fine. That's fine.

At the end of the 2007 regular season. Favre had played 257 regular season games (not to mention playoffs), he played 255 of those games for the Green Bay Packers, CONSECUTIVELY. He threw for 60,000 yards as a Packer, and 440+ touchdowns. He played nearly 300 games in nearly 16 seasons, and NEVER took a Sunday or Monday off. Played through injuries, death in his family, and problems with drugs and problems with his wife's health. And he played GREAT! He dedicated his ENTIRE CAREER to the Packers orginization!

After all that, if he wants to come back HE HAS THE RIGHT TO. No matter how many times it occurs. If he retires and wants to come back the next year. They have no right to tell him NO. The guy IS the Packers, it's sad the Packers didn't realize that last year.
                            I think the Pack had every right to tell him to take a hike. I am not of the ilk that Superstars call their shots. This is a business and teams need to know when to move on and sobeit if they do! Players are very well compensated and when the the team thinks it is time to move on, then they move on. Yeah it sucks and may even be deemed disrespectful at times, but those are the decisions GM's and Coaches need to make when players decide to hang on too long or what may be perceived to be too long. Plenty of organizations have taken a hit and costs themselves by sticking with the overaged superstar - whether it be by not moving on or by paying for what he has accomplished versus what he is currently worth and in the age of the salary cap, that is death! Sports is a business and in business people are bought out, moved out, fired, told to retired everyday...all organizations ever preach is loyalty but it only ever works one way- from the employee to the employer and not the other way...and if you feel that is unjust and unfair, then Brett Favre was done injustly. I have come to grips that that is a way of life in our culture as it has hit to close to home on more than one occasion and is not just how the GB Packers work but all businesses.

We agree to disagree....
                            Last edited by Three Jack; 05-05-2009, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Funniest thing I've ever heard...... Why is Favre shafted when the lose 4 of their last 5???? Why is it SOLELY his fault. You don't hear about those guys when they go 8-3, and you don't hear about them when they crash and burn. So, in terms of the media's view on Favre last year. YES! I discount the 200+ million dollars in other guys.
                              Where did I blame Favre? The whole team stunk and he stunk the worst. Ane expectations for the Jets last year were VERY high....playoffs in fact!

Comment

I think the Pack had every right to tell him to take a hike. I am not of the ilk that Superstars call their shots. This is a business and teams need to know when to move on and sobeit if they do! Players are very well compensated and when the the team thinks it is time to move on, then they move on. Yeah it sucks and may even be deemed disrespectful at times, but those are the decisions GM's and Coaches need to make when players decide to hang on too long or what may be perceived to be too long. Plenty of organizations have taken a hit and costs themselves by sticking with the overaged superstar - whether it be by not moving on or by paying for what he has accomplished versus what he is currently worth and in the age of the salary cap, that is death! Sports is a business and in business people are bought out, moved out, fired, told to retired everyday...all organizations ever preach is loyalty but it only ever works one way- from the employee to the employer and not the other way...and if you feel that is unjust and unfair, then Brett Favre was done injustly. I have come to grips that that is a way of life in our culture as it has hit to close to home on more than one occasion and is not just how the GB Packers work but all businesses.

We agree to disagree....
                                Yep, I guess we'll disagree on this one. I know sometimes superstars stay past their prime. And I know that sometimes it cost their orginization $. But IMO, the case is different with Favre last year as he went 13-3 took them to the NFC chmpshp, and had one of his best years ever. If he had had a terrible year and they lost 9,10 games I would say okay. But that wasn't the case, and until he started declining I think he had the right to keep coming back.

I can see your point about business being business, I just think their exceptions to the rule, and Favre with how much he did and the level he was playing at, was one of those exceptions.

Comment

Working...
                                X