Breaking News: Farve Meeting with the Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
    Mavs, you tell Wayne that being a winner shouldn't matter when calling someone 'great' and use Trent Dilfer as your argument and then you want to use a TEAM record to tell me who the better QB was? So Tavaris Jackson and Gus Frerotte were better than Favre? Better than Brees? They made the playoffs and had a better record...so just following your (ill)logic.

The facts are 28/13 versus 22/22 (TD's to INT's) AND the Jets had a far superior running game (5th in the league versus 17). Rogers was the better QB, the Jets were a better team. Perhaps that had something to do with their terrible defense and not their offense?
    Three Jack, its not illogic, they are two totally different situations and how you are comparing one to the other is absurd. The arguement with Wayne was one in which BOTH players are established great players throughout a career. This is NOT the case with Favre and Rodgers. Favre has played 20 years. Rodgers one. And the year in which you are making a comparison Favre played while plague with injuries. The comparisons are not even close.

Brett threw 22/22, what does that mean? He "sucks"?? Not IMO, he played through injury. And if he is fully healed and cleared by doctors, who are you to do anything but suspect he will play well...... He has ALWAYS played well. ALWAYS. Last year he played through an injury he shouldn't have, you want to assume that he will be injured again..... go ahead, that's up to you.

Favre is the all time leader in INTs thrown. You KNOW as a team, going into a season with Favre as your QB, that he will throw near 20 INTs. If you don't like it, don't sign him. That is Brett Favre, he takes risks, he makes plays, and for his ENTIRE NFL career he has been GREAT.

If Brett Favre is cleared by doctors as HEALTHY. I will let him play on my team tomorrow over 80% of the other QBs in the league. Including Rodgers, Ferotte, Jackson and Mark Sanchez.

If you can find one time in his entire career when Brett played as bad as he did toward the end of last season let me know..... He hasn't, because he has never been injured to the extent he was last year. Maybe that surgery during the off season was just a ploy or an excuse though.....

Perhaps I am not the one who is crazy...from an article on ESPN....

Favre admitted to ESPN that he was motivated to play in 2008 largely because of his resentment toward Packers general manager Ted Thompson.
    Note the word solely in capital letters in my post. This resentment ALONE, was not the only reason to resume his career however. But, sure it was part of it.
    Last edited by mavskidd02; 05-06-2009, 11:20 PM.
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
      He wants to come back SOLELY to prove the Packers wrong??? If you think that is his only motive for still playing football..... let me know. And I will tell you you're crazy.
      [B]
      btw, I said the reason why he came back last year was to stick it to Thompson, which he has admitted. As for next year, which you brought up, listent to the Rachel Nichols clip and what Darren Sharpe says...you can tell him he is crazy too!

Source: Brett Favre to talk to Brad Childress about playing - ESPN
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

btw, I said the reason why he came back last year was to stick it to Thompson, which he has admitted. As for next year, which you brought up, listent to the Rachel Nichols clip and what Darren Sharpe says...you can tell him he is crazy too!

Source: Brett Favre to talk to Brad Childress about playing - ESPN
        SOLELY Three Jack. That means "that alone, and nothing else." YES! That was a reason, but that was not the SOLE reason. I never said that wasn't true, I said that wasn't the only reason. Geez.

Comment

Three Jack, its not illogic, they are two totally different situations and how you are comparing one to the other is absurd. The arguement with Wayne was one in which BOTH players are established great players throughout a career. This is NOT the case with Favre and Rodgers. Favre has played 20 years. Rodgers one. And the year in which you are making a comparison Favre played while plague with injuries. The comparisons are not even close.

Brett threw 22/22, what does that mean? He "sucks"?? Not IMO, he played through injury. And if he is fully healed and cleared by doctors, who are you to do anything but suspect he will play well...... He has ALWAYS played well. ALWAYS. Last year he played through an injury he shouldn't have, you want to assume that he will be injured again..... go ahead, that's up to you.

Favre is the all time leader in INTs thrown. You KNOW as a team, going into a season with Favre as your QB, that he will throw near 20 INTs. If you don't like it, don't sign him. That is Brett Favre, he takes risks, he makes plays, and for his ENTIRE NFL career he has been GREAT.

If Brett Favre is cleared by doctors as HEALTHY. I will let him play on my team tomorrow over 80% of the other QBs in the league. Including Rodgers, Ferotte, Jackson and Mark Sanchez.

If you can find one time in his entire career when Brett as bad as he did toward the end of last season let me know..... He hasn't, because he has never been injured to the extent he was last year. Maybe that surgery during the off season was just a ploy or an excuse though.....

Note the word solely in capital letters in my post. This resentment ALONE, was not the only reason to resume his career however. But, sure it was part of it.

Mavs...when you are a 39 yr old QB or 40 or whatever, injuries become part of the equation. Every QB gets hurt and most sit out...Brett, admirably, doesn't...but he isn't 35 anymore. I think you are nuts to think he will play 16 games injury free at his age. And, when he is nicked, it will have more of an effect at this age, imo.

Secondly, all I am comparing is ONE YEAR when comparing Rogers and Favre. Of course Favre has been the better QB, I ain't that dumb! But how can anyone argue that Favre was a better QB than Rogers in 2008? Injuries are part of the game...if he was that hurt and it affected his play, take a seat! Bottom line, in 2008 Rogers was the better QB and he has a better future ahead of him.

Third, you use a team record to justify who was the better QB? You know more about sports than to actually believe that is a determining factor!

Listen to the clip on ESPN by Rachel Nichols and what Darren Sharper had to say...I think he knows Favre better than both of us and then tell me I am crazy again...... It doesn't prove I am right but it proves it is not far fetched.

Comment

Mavs...when you are a 39 yr old QB or 40 or whatever, injuries become part of the equation. Every QB gets hurt and most sit out...Brett, admirably, doesn't...but he isn't 35 anymore. I think you are nuts to think he will play 16 games injury free at his age. And, when he is nicked, it will have more of an effect at this age, imo.

Secondly, all I am comparing is ONE YEAR when comparing Rogers and Favre. Of course Favre has been the better QB, I ain't that dumb! But how can anyone argue that Favre was a better QB than Rogers in 2008? Injuries are part of the game...if he was that hurt and it affected his play, take a seat! Bottom line, in 2008 Rogers was the better QB and he has a better future ahead of him.

Third, you use a team record to justify who was the better QB? You know more about sports than to actually believe that is a determining factor!

Listen to the clip on ESPN by Rachel Nichols and what Darren Sharper had to say...I think he knows Favre better than both of us and then tell me I am crazy again...... It doesn't prove I am right but it proves it is not far fetched.
            For Brett, I don't believe it till I see it, and I have not yet seen over his career injuries be a BIG problem except last year. If he is cleared by doctors, I completely trust him to stay healthy. Why not?
            Favre statsitcally was not better than Rodgers, that is understood, but the point remains DUE TO INJURY. Sure injuries are part of the game, and if you want to count the injured games as concrete stats. Then yes, Rodges was better, okay.

As for the last paragraph I don't know what you are saying....?? I still don't think you saw the word solely.

Comment

ITS TOUGH ON SOME ATHLETES TO WALK INTO THE SUN GRACEFULLY,look at how pitiful shamrock and the iceman looked in their last fights,i got to agree with the guys though,just be consistent-THIS IS FUCKING BRUTAL !!
              DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

I for one would like to see him come back...I love the way he plays the game for better or worse...one great play followed by a bonehead int, but it sure is fun to watch...and someone already said it, but id take Farve over jackson/rosenfels combo any day...and this is my bottom line on this thing as long as someone will pay him to come back why shouldnt he...Montana could try to come back so could Elway for that matter, but if no one is interested in them at this point and age in thier lives then they no choice...these teams choose to give Brett a contract until they stop why should he...the guy is just doing what he loves to do and is having a hard time from walking away from what has literally been his whole life...

Comment

He took a 4 win team to a 9 win team. And without him, a 13 win team became a 6 win team. Seems to me like he is doing something right.
                  In the NFL I don't put much credence in this. Prior to their 4 win season the Jets were 10-6. Also, prior to GB's 13 win season they were 8-8. The previous season 4-12. We see these ups and downs every season. IMO that 13 win season was in part due to a cake schedule.

Comment

Who gives a flying fuck what some old tired arm loser is doing, i sure as fuck dont care.
                    Questions, comments, complaints:
                    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
                      In the NFL I don't put much credence in this. Prior to their 4 win season the Jets were 10-6. Also, prior to GB's 13 win season they were 8-8. The previous season 4-12. We see these ups and downs every season. IMO that 13 win season was in part due to a cake schedule.
                      That's your right to not take too much stock into that. I don't take too much stock into Favre's INT totals, because he takes risks and is a playmaker, not a game manager. I was just proving a point like you did with the TD-INT totals that, if you take a specific group of stats and apply none else, you can make any player look better than another.

Comment

That's your right to not take too much stock into that. I don't take too much stock into Favre's INT totals, because he takes risks and is a playmaker, not a game manager. I was just proving a point like you did with the TD-INT totals that, if you take a specific group of stats and apply none else, you can make any player look better than another.
                        Its your opinion and you are entitled to it, but you may be the only person who watches football that doesn't put too much stock in INT's....turnover's lose games.

Comment

If Favre comes back to play, does that mean John Madden will follow in his Idol's footsteps and Unretire too?

Comment

Its your opinion and you are entitled to it, but you may be the only person who watches football that doesn't put too much stock in INT's....turnover's lose games.
                            No 3J, I don't put stock into Favre's INTs, because you know going in he will attempt a lot of tough throws and in the end will have a good number of INTs. Favre is famous for squeezing balls in tight windows and a sometimes those turn up as INTs. Turnovers lose games sure, but Favre's willingness and ability to make tough throws is why he has won so many games and thrown for so many yards and so many touchdowns. Favre is a playmaker. If you want someone to avoid mistakes and simply manage games, Brett Favre is not your man.

Comment

Phil Jr will never hear the end of it if Brett comes to Minnesota and he wins just as many Super Bowls in one year with us, as he did in all his prime years in Green Bay!!!

Please don't question my record or I will leave!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by casheasy View Post
                                Phil Jr will never hear the end of it if Brett comes to Minnesota and he wins just as many Super Bowls in one year with us, as he did in all his prime years in Green Bay!!!

If Favre ever came back and won a SB with Minnesota ... Seriously, get as far away from GB as possible because there will be some shit getting burned and fucked up!

Comment

Working...
                                X