No announcement yet.

Breaking News: Farve Meeting with the Vikings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me just ask you guys a question.Can Brett Farve still play the game at the NFL level?I think he can.Is he as good as he use to be.No,but he still has that fire.Rusty Wallace would get back behind the wheel of a race car right now if he could,Jack and Arnold would tee it up at Augusta if they could.Brett still has a little in the tank and I say go after it if he can.It will not change my opinion of the greatness he has brought to his position and to the Packers.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
      Let me just ask you guys a question.Can Brett Farve still play the game at the NFL level?I think he can.Is he as good as he use to be.No,but he still has that fire.Rusty Wallace would get back behind the wheel of a race car right now if he could,Jack and Arnold would tee it up at Augusta if they could.Brett still has a little in the tank and I say go after it if he can.It will not change my opinion of the greatness he has brought to his position and to the Packers.
      I just want to get some popcorn and see him play in Green Bay ... For the Vikings!

Comment

brett favre was good like 5 or 8 years ago.

brett farve= roger clemens
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
          The media completely overdoes it on this story, but perhaps he shouldn't change his mind everyday and then there would be no story. Attention whore....
          A lot of athletes sway back and forth on whether to come back or not, to stay or go. Hell how many times did Jordan do it? Favre's is far from an "attention whore." The media plays it up and plays repetitively. Favre's fault? He's got some left in the tank and if he wants to come back....... That's up to him.
          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Absolutely can still play the game. And nothing he does will ever change my opinion of his greatness either. He could go 0-16 next year, still one of if not the best of all time.

Comment

I agree with you...if he wants to play, he should continue to...but then keep your fat trap shut and stop telling peopel you are retired! Hell, he just text Trent Dilfer yesterday and said he was not coming back, that he was done. And now this....

He shouldn't have a press conference balling his eyes out saying he is retired and then get his panties in a twist when his team has moved on and doesn't want him back when he decides he is coming back.

Attention whore.....
              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Boxers retire and come back all the time. Why didn't anyone call Mayweather a attention whore when he just did it? Nobody says nothing about them!

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
                  A lot of athletes sway back and forth on whether to come back or not, to stay or go. Hell how many times did Jordan do it? Favre's is far from an "attention whore." The media plays it up and plays repetitively. Favre's fault? He's got some left in the tank and if he wants to come back....... That's up to him.
                  Did you just put Favre and Jordan in the same sentence? If so, I can't discuss this with you!

Jordan never had a press conference crying like a girl, only to change his mind 3 months later.

I have no problem chanign his mind...just don;t get all pissy when teams move on once you made your decision.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                    Boxers retire and come back all the time. Why didn't anyone call Mayweather a attention whore when he just did it? Nobody says nothing about them!
                    Hell,Rocky Balboa keeps doing the same thing and we still love him

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
                      Individual sport, imo, makes it different. He doesn't leave teams hanging, waiting for a decision.

Comment

Hell,Rocky Balboa keeps doing the same thing and we still love him
                        He needs to stay retired!

Comment

I agree with you...if he wants to play, he should continue to...but then keep your fat trap shut and stop telling peopel you are retired! Hell, he just text Trent Dilfer yesterday and said he was not coming back, that he was done. And now this....

He shouldn't have a press conference balling his eyes out saying he is retired and then get his panties in a twist when his team has moved on and doesn't want him back when he decides he is coming back.

Attention whore.....
                          WOW, 3J, come on. When Jordan retired from the Bulls, and then decided to come back..... did the Bulls tell him "No, we already have another Shooting Guard." The Favre situation was between him and the front office. When did Brett get his "panties in a twist"???? When he agreed to play for another team??? The Pack didn't want him, he went elsewhere. What'd you want him to do??

Comment

Attention whore.....
                            I look at it like when you get really drunk and throw up you swear your done with drinking.Then your body heals and all of a sudden comes the urge to grab another cold one.Thats Farve.His body heals and he gets that voice and that fire inside that says "Come on Brett,one more.You can do it". He's addicted to football and I don't have a problem with it

Comment

Say what you want BUT ...

GB
                              ------
                              2008 (6-10) Without Favre
                              2007 (13-3) With Favre

NYJ
                              ------
                              2008 (9-7) With Favre
                              2007 (4-12) Without Favre

He may not be the Favre of old but he is a Winner and i would take him for 1 year over 1/2 the other QB's in this League!

Comment

Why do you guys think ESPN has all of the breaking news on this stuff? IMO, it is because Favre is the 'unnamed' or 'source' in the majority of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X