Tim Tebow stays another year at Fla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
    I'm a realistic Georgia fan, and yes, Florida should kick the shit out of Georgia again this year on their march to another title.

Here is what I don't get, all the craziness over TN. Lane Kiffin? Yippee, what the hell has he proven as a head coach? Monte is a defensive guru IN THE NFL and one of the all time greats.......no doubt. However, he hasn't coached in college in 26 years. Who knows how his system or his personality translates to college kids. Ed Orgeron? One of the worst coaches in SEC history with a 10-25 record, including a whopping 3 SEC wins in 3 years. A team that Houston Nutt turned around in 1 season. TN also hasn't recruited great lately, so it is going to take a few years to start building that team back. Georgia's coaching staff case EASILY hang with TN's staff.

It is also really silly putting Georgia and SC in the same sentence for comparison. SC couldn't hold Georgia's jock.
    Your right Harold but recruiting from the big names we have on staff will be huge.We not be great this year but within 4 years we will be back in national title talk.Your Savior Mark Richt has lost this team and his program and will not be back in title hunt for a while.He now lets his players run the show and that is getting him nowhere.Look at the blackout he let his players talk him into.31-0 Alabama at the half.he has lost control and shit is fixin to run down hill

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan View Post
      Your right Harold but recruiting from the big names we have on staff will be huge.We not be great this year but within 4 years we will be back in national title talk.Your Savior Mark Richt has lost this team and his program and will not be back in title hunt for a while.He now lets his players run the show and that is getting him nowhere.Look at the blackout he let his players talk him into.31-0 Alabama at the half.he has lost control and shit is fixin to run down hill

UGA is about to take a back seat to Paul Johnson and the Ramblin' Wreck

Comment

Originally posted by ***THA FIX*** View Post
        One year does not replace 7 straight years of ass whippin. Feel free to hop in the bet bandwagon. $100 bucks UGA wins at least 7 games next year. If you truly believe what you are saying then you should have no problem making this bet. Otherwise, your just runnin your pie-hole.

Comment

7 seems a bit low my friend, not that im involved, i really could care less what georgia does next year
          "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Originally posted by ***THA FIX*** View Post
            War Eagle/Tigers/whomever else they claim to be says Georgia will go down in Jacksonville and lose to Tech. If he truly believes this 7 is the number.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Richt View Post
              One year does not replace 7 straight years of ass whippin. Feel free to hop in the bet bandwagon. $100 bucks UGA wins at least 7 games next year. If you truly believe what you are saying then you should have no problem making this bet. Otherwise, your just runnin your pie-hole.
              Remember Mark that 7 is a push.Are you puting your heart and soul on the line for a push.Thats what it sounds like to me.Fix,heres me and Richts bet:
              6 or less wins I win $100
              7 wins is a push
              8 wins or more I owe him $100
              and that was made if Moreano and Stafford didn't come back.
              I just don't see Cox and King getting 8 wins.I feel like a push is a done deal and I'm on loss away for UGA in a close game from a win.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearit View Post
                Sounds good to me. Tenn has some awesome coaches coming in with the Kiffin father/son combo and a few other pro coaches. Getting serious in Vol land and Georgia and South Carolina may pale by comparison. Takes a couple of excellent recruiting swings to get up to par though.

Florida linebacker Ryan Stamper said Spikes told him personally that he was returning for his senior season, Florida Today reported. Harvin said he was leaning toward coming back, but still wanted to meet with Florida coach Urban Meyer before finalizing his decision, The Gainesville Sun reported.
                i am so glad spear as a big tenn. vol fan,but like you said we will have to be patient and let them build a program !!
                DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Originally posted by WayneChung View Post
                  i am so glad spear as a big tenn. vol fan,but like you said we will have to be patient and let them build a program !!
                  I am patient chunger and I say within 4 years were in the SEC Championship.And we all know that leads to the National Championship.Most of these great players leave in there junior season so the guys(recruits) our great staff are recruiting this year will be juniors in 3-4 years.Thats what I feel good about

Comment

Remember Mark that 7 is a push.Are you puting your heart and soul on the line for a push.Thats what it sounds like to me.Fix,heres me and Richts bet:
                    6 or less wins I win $100
                    7 wins is a push
                    8 wins or more I owe him $100
                    and that was made if Moreano and Stafford didn't come back.
                    I just don't see Cox and King getting 8 wins.I feel like a push is a done deal and I'm on loss away for UGA in a close game from a win.
                    By the way....we did agree to this bet but the original bet was that you did not think UGA would win 7 games! The bet "evolved" into 7 being a push which is fine by me. UGA wins 9 games next yr

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Richt View Post
                      By the way....we did agree to this bet but the original bet was that you did not think UGA would win 7 games! The bet "evolved" into 7 being a push which is fine by me. UGA wins 9 games next yr
                      We had to pick a game in the middle and lucky 7 just happend to be it.Ask Spark or Monte for my e-mail and we can stay in touch thru out the season.I wouldn't mind having a beer anyway

Comment

I think that is a tad strong, in a very disappointing season Georgia still won 10 games for crying out loud. Georgia has no control over the preseason polls, and where the "experts" rank them preseason. Mark Richt also isn't my savior. He's a football coach.........a good recruiter.............a pretty average game day coach.

Comment

Richt, don't worry too much about Tha Fixx has to say, he is still bitter than Georgia wouldn't accept him, so he had to go to Auburn.

We can at least give him credit for one thing, he is at least realistic enough to know his team sucks, so he has to cheer for other teams like Florida and GT to beat us. Simply put there is NOTHING on the horizon for Auburn to be excited about. Like someone mentioned, with Saban in town Auburn will just be getting the scraps in recruiting, and Auburn will down for quite some time. I think it is absolutely hiliarious when a school thinks it is so much better than they really are, and fire a coach like Tuberville. Tuberville is a very good coach, but b/c of unrealistic expectations they fire him. After Chizek runs off a couple 5-7, 6-6, 7-5 type seasons, they will be longing for the days of Tuberville.

Comment

He's healthy so he should have went into the draft and secured his future. Coming back he could get hurt, not do as good etc, thus further down in the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat View Post
                              He's healthy so he should have went into the draft and secured his future. Coming back he could get hurt, not do as good etc, thus further down in the draft.
                              I dont know if I necessarily agree with this. Yes he's chancing his future in the pros however he's not considered one of the most pro ready quarterbacks out there. This means that he will almost definately drop to a team who decides to pick him up on the cheap and see if they can make him their backup. Then after he flounders around there for a while he may or may not get a chance to start.

By waiting 1 year he ensures his future outside of football by finishing college...He also gives himself an opportunity to prove that he could be a higher round draft pick than what many people seem to project as of now.
                              No thrills, frills, spills or write-ups. Just givin ya the winners everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by poskid View Post
                                I dont know if I necessarily agree with this. Yes he's chancing his future in the pros however he's not considered one of the most pro ready quarterbacks out there. This means that he will almost definately drop to a team who decides to pick him up on the cheap and see if they can make him their backup. Then after he flounders around there for a while he may or may not get a chance to start.

By waiting 1 year he ensures his future outside of football by finishing college...He also gives himself an opportunity to prove that he could be a higher round draft pick than what many people seem to project as of now.
                                He can always finish college later with the money he would get from the NFL. Plus they have the NFL tryouts to see what they have and don't have. I think he's risking too much with a big chance in an injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X