Tim Tebow stays another year at Fla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Tebow stays another year at Fla

The Florida quarterback told a crowd celebrating the school's latest national title Sunday he wants to lead the Gators to another championship.

Tebow thrilled the 40,000 fans by saying: "Oh, by the way, let's do it again. I'm coming back."

In 2007, Tebow became the first sophomore to win the Heisman Trophy. In the Gators' 24-14 win over Oklahoma on Thursday night, Tebow completed 18 of 30 passes for 231 yards and two touchdowns. He also ran for 109 yards.

"Overall, I just felt loyal to this place," Tebow said after the celebration. "I feel like I'm a role model and a lot of times people start things and don't finish them. I didn't want to be like that. I wanted to be loyal to the university. I wanted to finish what I started and play another year."

[+] EnlargeSteve Mitchell/US Presswire

Florida QB Tim Tebow is the fifth player since 1950 to win a Heisman Trophy and two national titles.

Tebow talked to several NFL coaches about his pro prospects -- he said feedback was mixed -- but nothing they told him really swayed his decision. He knew he wanted to stay in Gainesville, and told coach Urban Meyer on Saturday.

"Some of that stuff is tempting at the next level and everything that goes along with it, especially ending on a great note and ending up with a national championship and moving on from there," Tebow said. "But I love these guys and coach Meyer and this program too much. I feel we can still end on a bang next year."
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Absolutely no surprise here but in Gatorland they see more crystal in their future.
    Kid has been awesome and could rank in the top 3 or four of all time in the college ranks.

Need Brandon Spikes to stay as well.

Comment

awesome...lets go to the rosebowl
      2007 BCS and 2009 BCS CHAMPS
      2006 & 2007 NCAA MENS BASKETBALL CHAMPS
      2008 & 2010 RAYS BASEBALL AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPS

Comment

Good news for Gator fans! Wow!

Comment

I look forward to them BEATING THE HELL OUTTA OF UGA AGAIN!!!

Comment

Sounds good to me. Tenn has some awesome coaches coming in with the Kiffin father/son combo and a few other pro coaches. Getting serious in Vol land and Georgia and South Carolina may pale by comparison. Takes a couple of excellent recruiting swings to get up to par though.

Florida linebacker Ryan Stamper said Spikes told him personally that he was returning for his senior season, Florida Today reported. Harvin said he was leaning toward coming back, but still wanted to meet with Florida coach Urban Meyer before finalizing his decision, The Gainesville Sun reported.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Yeah, another year and a chance to become the all time great in college FB, or a 3rd/4th round pick as an H-back......yeah, I'd be back too.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearit View Post
                  Tenn has some awesome coaches coming in with the Kiffin father/son combo and a few other pro coaches. Getting serious in Vol land and Georgia and South Carolina may pale by comparison. Takes a couple of excellent recruiting swings to get up to par though.
                  I'm a realistic Georgia fan, and yes, Florida should kick the shit out of Georgia again this year on their march to another title.

Here is what I don't get, all the craziness over TN. Lane Kiffin? Yippee, what the hell has he proven as a head coach? Monte is a defensive guru IN THE NFL and one of the all time greats.......no doubt. However, he hasn't coached in college in 26 years. Who knows how his system or his personality translates to college kids. Ed Orgeron? One of the worst coaches in SEC history with a 10-25 record, including a whopping 3 SEC wins in 3 years. A team that Houston Nutt turned around in 1 season. TN also hasn't recruited great lately, so it is going to take a few years to start building that team back. Georgia's coaching staff case EASILY hang with TN's staff.

It is also really silly putting Georgia and SC in the same sentence for comparison. SC couldn't hold Georgia's jock.
                  Last edited by harold_bush; 01-11-2009, 06:48 PM.

Comment

one more thing, there are only 4 teams in college football that have more wins the Georgia in this decade.......Oklahoma, Boise, Texas, and Southern Cal.

Comment

Originally posted by ***THA FIX*** View Post
                      You need to pull for someone that can beat Georgia, b/c is sure as shit isn't going to be Auburn.

I forgot to congratulate you on the Tigers' fine season, losing to Georgia, and the firing of Tuberville for............................ Gene Chizek......... Things are looking bright for your Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush View Post
                        You need to pull for someone that can beat Georgia, b/c is sure as shit isn't going to be Auburn.

I forgot to congratulate you on the Tigers' fine season, losing to Georgia, and the firing of Tuberville for............................ Gene Chizek......... Things are looking bright for your Tigers.
                        ok preseason #1 settle down
                        "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

Harold had me laughing

Georgia is my brothers fav team and the poor smuck paid handsomely for tix to the game in Nov. Georgia is a solid state for recruiting with Valdosta and Lowndes and other high schools providing great talent. I was happy to see Georgia do something at the half to motivate the players in the bowl game. I was starting to think the Coach might need to be replaced.
                          Auburn will come roaring back. I can not think of why they would hire this coach but he must have something up his sleeve. Just do the players believe it - thats the important thing.
                          Alabama has to have a terrible hangover. LSU always is a threat. Ole Miss is now on the front pages with a Nutt for a Coach. Spurrier is still preaching to whomever will listen about how he will bring them to glory. Having Smelley doesn't do much for the morale of the team. I can just hear a players comment after a bad game.
                          All in all, the SEC was down this year. Alabama was the elite until its big player thought he was bigger than the rules. Sad - but it did not help them against Florida.

Lastly, Many would love to see a playoff. I am one of them. Each year, a team or 3 gets screwed by the perception of who's number one. Texas lays claim, but I do not have much faith in their defense and a great deal of respect for the offense. USC lays claim and I see a potent offense and a great deal of respect for their defense.
                          Utah presents the solid offense and defense needed to win a National Championship. Urban Meyer set the tone in Utah and Willingham is a great Coach. Scheduling is conducive to a championship.

Florida - any comment would be biased on my part. But the solid defense was my choice for MVP or else nothing is possible for Tebow and Harvin.

Comment

Originally posted by ***THA FIX*** View Post
                            AUBURN is second rate team and will continue to be until Saban leaves Bama. The only recruits Auburn will get will be thos that Bama passes over. Who would you rather play for? It is a shame to cause the UGA/Auburn game used to be competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
                              ok preseason #1 settle down

Comment

Working...
                              X