Utah........National Champs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsdawg View Post
    I'm pretty sure the discussion we were having was about the 2008 season.
    Yes we were, but to make any sense of it, checking history helps.
    Checking that history clearly shows that UNDEFEATED means something !

Comment

Originally posted by wsdawg View Post
      How much money the coach makes does not do much to motivate 18-21 yr old kids when you are no#1 and lose the championship game for a shot at the national championship. Yes it was an undefeated team but it was Utah. Say what you will but that does not garner much respect. Maybe Saban should have consulted Pete Carrol about making " 7 million a year" and motivating your team for lesser opponents.
      Like I said. We'll just disagree. You can sit here and make excuses all you'd like. Alabama was defeated by a better team, and I would go on record as saying Utah would defeat Bama, based on their physical abilities and being the better team on both sides of the ball, at least 8 out of 10 games they played. Maybe even 10 out of 10. And Bama was the best team in the SEC for a long while. That says something.

I can't make you understand that Bama was the best team in the SEC with less talent than Utah has. And it showed tonight. They had no answer at any time in the game. You can't see that, argument over......

Bama couldn't get motivated for BSC game is pathetic. And that's your excuse? They had a ONE player out, be it their best? Pathetic....lot of excuses.

I'll take Pete Carroll over Saban any day.....Because, yeah, Pete Carroll had his team motivated to play a lesser opponent. That's right, those 18-21 year olds that Saban couldn't motivate.

And FWIW, I hate the Pac10 and MWC.

KAZ
      Last edited by KazDog; 01-03-2009, 02:00 AM.
      [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Working...
      X