Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I disagree with everyone about big the big ten!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the whole big ten is a joke altogether. Look at the records when they play out of conference against a real conference ( SEC, Big 12, Pac-10). I mean come on, look at ohio state, and illinois last year. They get bids for playing in a crap conference, and then show how bad the conference is when they get blown out. I say this as a Michigan fan.
    "CFB YTD: 5-8-1 -16.2"

Comment

i think it is bcs when u have 6 weeks before u play another game sometimes longer
      it kills these teams especially in the big ten
      rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218 View Post
        Another team that would be a great fit for the Big 11 is Cincy. The Bearcats are right in the middle of Big 11 Country and they have solid Hoop and Foot programs.
        I agree with you on your take on the Big 10...I don't know why any team with a strong bball AND football program would want to be in the Big East if they can be in the Big 10, ACC or SEC....

As for the reason for the thread, I agree that the Big 10 may get a bum rap in hoops, but go beat a decent team in football before you start thinking the tag 'overrated' is not fair. Or how about just being competitive....??????
        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by mavskidd02 View Post
          i think the whole big ten is a joke altogether. Look at the records when they play out of conference against a real conference ( sec, big 12, pac-10). I mean come on, look at ohio state, and illinois last year. They get bids for playing in a crap conference, and then show how bad the conference is when they get blown out. I say this as a michigan fan.
          haha no im not a michigan fan .i was just stating a point michigan has a history of smashing the sec. Check the records .if im wrong im wrong but from what i remember they usally do. And how can anyone say the conf is down in hoops?? They have some big wins already and yes some losses to but they are doing ok.im a cane fan if you really want to know and duke in hoops.i dont think mich beating duke was a fluke all of this is just my opinion. What about your fav conf??? Have they had all good years??are they one hit wonders?? I mean im talking over all not just a couple years.thats all im saying .

Comment

I think the whole big ten is a joke altogether. Look at the records when they play out of conference against a real conference ( SEC, Big 12, Pac-10). I mean come on, look at ohio state, and illinois last year. They get bids for playing in a crap conference, and then show how bad the conference is when they get blown out. I say this as a Michigan fan.

I agree. The problem is when they play in bowl games against an SEC, Big 12, etc team and they get blasted. Thats what hurts their rep.
            jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

I meant I was a Michigan fan. And you seem to constantly be talking about basketball, I don't follow CBB all too much, but in football the big ten is way down

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack View Post
                I agree with you on your take on the Big 10...I don't know why any team with a strong bball AND football program would want to be in the Big East if they can be in the Big 10, ACC or SEC....

As for the reason for the thread, I agree that the Big 10 may get a bum rap in hoops, but go beat a decent team in football before you start thinking the tag 'overrated' is not fair. Or how about just being competitive....??????
                I think it's easy to understand why a team would want to be in the BIG East in Hoops. Maybe not football but in Hoops, the BIG East will always be a Top 3 conference and i don't think the BIG 11 will be.

Comment

Originally posted by three jack View Post
                  i agree with you on your take on the big 10...i don't know why any team with a strong bball and football program would want to be in the big east if they can be in the big 10, acc or sec....

As for the reason for the thread, i agree that the big 10 may get a bum rap in hoops, but go beat a decent team in football before you start thinking the tag 'overrated' is not fair. Or how about just being competitive....??????
                  you made some good points and i respect that.again i am not a michigan fan.but even on a down year last year they still went and beat a good florida team arent they in a good conf?? And they have a history of smacking sec teams.

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave View Post
                    I agree. The problem is when they play in bowl games against an SEC, Big 12, etc team and they get blasted. Thats what hurts their rep.
                    Apparently it doesn't hurt their rep. Because someone keeps putting them in these bowl games against upper echelon (sp.) conferences, and it's an embaressment. However my Wolverines did manage to upset that gator team last year, didn't they????? Haha, but in all honesty, the big ten needs to stop getting auto bids, and actually play somebody. The best non-conf. game Penn St played was against Oregon St. I mean come on, at least the O St. played some decent teams this year.

Comment

I meant I was a Michigan fan. And you seem to constantly be talking about basketball, I don't follow CBB all too much, but in football the big ten is way down

im sorry bro i read it wrong i was just talking all sports everyone has made some good points and again this is just my opinion i like reading everyone elses.

Comment

Apparently it doesn't hurt their rep. Because someone keeps putting them in these bowl games against upper echelon (sp.) conferences, and it's an embaressment. However my Wolverines did manage to upset that gator team last year, didn't they????? Haha, but in all honesty, the big ten needs to stop getting auto bids, and actually play somebody. The best non-conf. game Penn St played was against Oregon St. I mean come on, at least the O St. played some decent teams this year.
                        They keep getting put in big games for one reason - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                        The same reason every year the TV people hope that Notre Dame becomes bowl eligible - because of the money. And if it wasn't for so many bowls, Notre Dame wouldn't be in one this year.

Comment

if penn st. beats usc then im sure everyone will just say that the pac 10 wasnt shit anyway.i can see that one coming already.

Comment

Originally posted by GREEKSTAKINOVER View Post
                            if penn st. beats usc then im sure everyone will just say that the pac 10 wasnt shit anyway.i can see that one coming already.

No, but they are playing the only team in the PAC 10 that was worth a shit. I think it is going to be a good game but you do know that if USC beats Penn St., everyone will have ammo to say that the Big 10 sucked again in big bowl games.

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave View Post
                              No, but they are playing the only team in the PAC 10 that was worth a shit. I think it is going to be a good game but you do know that if USC beats Penn St., everyone will have ammo to say that the Big 10 sucked again in big bowl games.
                              good point dave. yes bullets fly both ways lol.yea if they lose everyone will ambush them if they win everyone will say usc was overated in a weak conf. i guess we will just see how it plays out and then we can have this conversation again.lol

Comment

big ten need to put up this yr to get respect back

i agree with all the comments and big ten not showing in big games

very big disapointment is a underated statement but it is what it is
                                rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X