Who Will Win the World Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by savage1
    I don't agree, and feel it isn't even close.
    The Cubs and possibily the Cards in my judgment are the only legitimate teams in that division.
    Milwaukee has shown what they are made of the last three days(as have the Red sox for that matter).
    Want more-I am admittedly using my criterion that interleague play counts for something:
    Lets take the teams in AL East against NL:
    Tampa 12-6
    New York 10-8
    Boston 11-7
    Baltimore 11-7
    Toronto 8-10
    Combined 52-38
    Lets take a look at NL Central:
    Cubs 6-9
    Milwaukee 7-7
    St. Louis 7-8
    Reds 9-6
    Houston 7-11
    Pitsburgh 5-9
    Combined 41-51
    I haven't checked the records of the other NL Divisions, but come on to say that NL Central from top to bottom is equal overall to AL East doesn't make sense.
    Savage, instead of throwing records out there have you even bothered to consider who they played to make up the record? Mets had to play the NYY twice and the LAA and still went 9-6.

This isn't the NBA where everybody plays everybody...and, btw, the West finshed 65 games over .500 against the East...and how did that turn out????
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
      Savage, instead of throwing records out there have you even bothered to consider who they played to make up the record? Mets had to play the NYY twice and the LAA and still went 9-6.

This isn't the NBA where everybody plays everybody...and, btw, the West finshed 65 games over .500 against the East...and how did that turn out????
      Savage suffers from the same Homer-itis that Wayne is afflicted with. Although, Savage's case is far worse. His case of Homer-itis extends to the entire AL and the AL East.

Comment

I don't agree, and feel it isn't even close.
        The Cubs and possibily the Cards in my judgment are the only legitimate teams in that division.
        Milwaukee has shown what they are made of the last three days(as have the Red Sox for that matter).
        Want more-I am admittedly using my criterion that interleague play counts for something:
        Lets take the teams in AL East against NL:
        Tampa 12-6
        New York 10-8
        Boston 11-7
        Baltimore 11-7
        Toronto 8-10
        Combined 52-38
        Lets take a look at NL Central:
        Cubs 6-9
        Milwaukee 7-7
        St. Louis 7-8
        Reds 9-6
        Houston 7-11
        Pitsburgh 5-9
        Combined 41-51
        I haven't checked the records of the other NL Divisions, but come on to say that NL Central from top to bottom is equal overall to AL East doesn't make sense.

Rays 63-44
        Sux 61-48
        Yankmees 59-48

Cubs 64-44
        Brews 60-48
        Cards 61-49

Pretty damn even if you ask me.

Comment

We are talking about the NL Central against the AL East;he didn't say the NL East was equal to the AL East;he said the NL Central is which is absurd in my opinion all things considered!

Comment

We are talking about the NL Central against the AL East;he didn't say the NL East was equal to the AL East;he said the NL Central is which is absurd in my opinion all things considered!
            How is it absurd?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
              Rays 63-44
              Sux 61-48
              Yankmees 59-48

Cubs 64-44
              Brews 60-48
              Cards 61-49

Pretty damn even if you ask me.
              If you want to believe the NL Central is as good(or the NL for that matter) as AL, then so be it.
              If Milwaukee played in AL East, they would finish behind Tampa, Yankees and Boston at best.
              Your records show how the teams do against other weaker teams(in comparison to AL teams)-the records I present are much more indicative of how good these teams are.
              Last edited by savage1; 07-31-2008, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                Savage suffers from the same Homer-itis that Wayne is afflicted with. Although, Savage's case is far worse. His case of Homer-itis extends to the entire AL and the AL East.
                Then what is the best division and league in baseball? If you reread one of my last posts, I said something about the Red Sox which wasn't exactly kind.
                I have presented pretty good proof that the AL is and has been a superior league for a number of years;please refute it if you can.

Comment

Also just check the overall records of AL against the NL in the last few years-it is telling. The "who played who" reference you make all evens out over time and indicates to me that AL is superior.
                  As I stated in another post, the AL is 145 GAMES OVER 500 AGAINST NL from 204 through 2008(original post erroneously said through 2007).
                  How do you explain that???
                  Last edited by savage1; 07-31-2008, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Can everyone just AGREE with Savage so he can take his nap???
                    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

• Originally posted by savage1
                      Also just check the overall records of AL against the NL in the last few years-it is telling. The "who played who" reference you make all evens out over time and indicates to me that AL is superior.
                      As I stated in another post, the AL is 145 GAMES OVER 500 AGAINST NL from 204 through 2008(original post erroneously said through 2007).
                      How do you explain that???
                      Savy, I have no problem with you thinking the AL Champ will win the WS...no problem at all. In fact, I would tend to agree that the AL rep, right now, woul dbe a better bet to win.

But to correlate the All-Star game in any equation dilutes any argument you may make because, imo, that is far more absurd than to think the NL central is better than the AL east. And, imo, to correlate how a league as a whole does against another will acually shed some insight into how a 7 game series between two teams will play out is just as absurd. If you want to say you believe the LAA wil win the WS because of stronger pitching, dominant offense and K Rod...great. but how you get to your end opinion is, imo, warped.
                      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

• Originally posted by frankb03
                        Strong pitching is a huge advantage in the post season. People said the same thing 2 seasons ago with the Tigers strong young pitching. IMO offense if more greatly influenced by post season pressure than pitching.

Rays pitching is4th in ERA, 2nd in opponent batting AVG, 1st in runner per 9 innings and opp. on base percentage.

They might not scare you but they're quietly scaring the rest of the league. Due to their pitching this team is a solid contender.

Their the Rays, enough said. They wont do shit
                        Questions, comments, complaints:
                        [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by Three Jack
                          Savy, I have no problem with you thinking the AL Champ will win the WS...no problem at all. In fact, I would tend to agree that the AL rep, right now, woul dbe a better bet to win.

But to correlate the All-Star game in any equation dilutes any argument you may make because, imo, that is far more absurd than to think the NL central is better than the AL east. And, imo, to correlate how a league as a whole does against another will acually shed some insight into how a 7 game series between two teams will play out is just as absurd. If you want to say you believe the LAA wil win the WS because of stronger pitching, dominant offense and K Rod...great. but how you get to your end opinion is, imo, warped.

What does correlate mean
                          Questions, comments, complaints:
                          [email protected]

Comment

• Originally posted by Three Jack

All Star game may have less significance that Interleague games, but the fact that Home Field advantage in WS is at stake counts form something.
                            I totally disagree with you about Interleague play-a 145 game advantage over 5 years shows clearly which teams and league are better and counts for something is making one's decision as to who to bet.
                            ps Do you think NL Central is as good as NL East?
                            Last edited by savage1; 07-31-2008, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilJr
                              Can everyone just AGREE with Savage so he can take his nap???
                              I am actually right now going to bring my wife for her now every two week checkup-Jacoby arrives on the scene on October 2!
                              Last edited by savage1; 07-31-2008, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• Please tell me you didn't go with Jacoby because of Ellsbury

Comment

Working...
                                X