• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcindaville
    Hell will freeze over before Tampa wins the WS
    I agree! lol

Comment

Originally posted by GrandPa
      All I have to do is point to past history, like the Racing Form, the best indicator of the future.

If the NL has won 3 of the last 7 World Series while playing in a n admittedly inferior league, how can anyone say that it is a foregone conclusion that the AL will win the Series?

I just made 8K at Saratoga opening weekend, and I read the Form cover to cover. I place my wagers without emotion, betting against teams I like or support, with no bias whatsoever, and I am the dumbass.

Go ahead and blindly kid yourself that the better horse wins, the better league wins the whole thing (yeah, just the like the current NFL and NBA champs are from superior conferences) . It's your money.

I think I'll leave you ignorant name-calling front-running bandwagon fucks to your own cock-measuring contests, and make my own fucking money fading you .

Seriously, there is no point trying to teach a history lesson to those who ignore it.

Fuck off
      I am done with this f'n board
      YAWN!!!

ps Reread what I said about the Celtics and NBA and why comparisons to baseball aren't valid;also the SuperBowl is one game and not 4 of 7 which is a better test of who is better.
      You are the one who is ignoring history and not me!
      Last edited by savage1; 07-29-2008, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
        Right now ...

1) Anaheim (They have the Batting, Starters and Relievers to get it done)

2) NYY (They have been in the Postseason how many years in a row? ... ALOT. Chamberlain is an Ace and i like their recent trade alot. They also should get Wang back in September. If they get in, i always give them a good shot)

3) Boston (They obviously need to get in 1st but Papi is back and i like their lineup, starters and closer. Middle Relief is the big problem. Catcher and SS could use an upgrade too. SS would be more likely though if something was done. They have Won 2 of the last 4 WS and they seem to turn it on in the Postseason lately. They are also (8-0) in 2 WS since '04. It may mean nothing this year but at least you know they wioll show up if they get there)

Home Field advantage is another reason why i have 3 A.L. teams up top. I believe it made a big difference in Boston winning two.

4) Cubs (Their bullpen, including the closer, scare me. As a Red Sox fan, i also know how hard it is to win one after a curse. LOL - Just kidding but hey, it isn't easy getting over that hump when the pressure builds in September. I also have questions about Harden's health lasting through September. Pitching 5 innings at a whack, may not cut it. They are my Top N.L. team so i do like their chances to get there!)

There is 4, just for you savage.
        Thanks Wayne-we are on roughly the same page except for Tampa Bay, and who knows, maybe they have already started their descent down to earth.
        I don't like them because they have won every game in Tampa against the Sox(and lost every game in Boston), but they play with a lot of heart , have godo talent and I do respect them.

Comment

Not That Anyone Cares

1) ANGELS

2) CUBS **** NOT A HOMER PICK !!! I SWEAR !!!

3) BOSTON

4) TAMPA

5) METS ????

Comment

Originally posted by GrandPa
            All I have to do is point to past history, like the Racing Form, the best indicator of the future.

If the NL has won 3 of the last 7 World Series while playing in a n admittedly inferior league, how can anyone say that it is a foregone conclusion that the AL will win the Series?

I just made 8K at Saratoga opening weekend, and I read the Form cover to cover. I place my wagers without emotion, betting against teams I like or support, with no bias whatsoever, and I am the dumbass.

Go ahead and blindly kid yourself that the better horse wins, the better league wins the whole thing (yeah, just the like the current NFL and NBA champs are from superior conferences) . It's your money.

I think I'll leave you ignorant name-calling front-running bandwagon fucks to your own cock-measuring contests, and make my own fucking money fading you .

Seriously, there is no point trying to teach a history lesson to those who ignore it.

Fuck off
            I am done with this f'n board
            Come on Gramps! You can't let old uncle savvy run you off the board

Comment

Savage, no hard feelings. We are both passionate about our teams and there is nothing wrong with that. I respect your opinion whether or not I disagree or not.

P.S. You'll never run me off the board

Good luck tonight!

Comment

1. Bos.(great pitch'n and bats bout to heat up)
                2. LAA(great pitch'n, but I think they need another bat)
                3. Cubbies(solid)
                4. Spanks(heat'n up)

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                  Savage, no hard feelings. We are both passionate about our teams and there is nothing wrong with that. I respect your opinion whether or not I disagree or not.

Good luck tonight!
                  Agreed kbsooner, and the best bet of all is that Cubs probably will win it all in the next few years;even though I rated them fifth, I think they are a very good team.
                  Actually believe it or not based on what I have seen of late with the Red Sox , the controversy about Manny, etc. I am not so sure I would even place them in the top 5 at this point if I voted again;I would probably swap my vote for the White Sox.
                  Best of luck to you also.
                  ps I do admit that I do enjoy spirited conversations like this one;got to keep the old brain functioning and active you know.
                  Last edited by savage1; 07-29-2008, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
                    Exceptions do happen, but to simply ignore what has happened in the past makes no sense to me.
                    Exceptions do happen. SAME AS THE NY FOOTBALL GIANTS WHIPPING THE PATRIOTS IN THE SUPER BOWL.

Comment

Anytime you are on the other side of Savage, prepare for ignorant logic coming back your way
                      Debating with Savage is like debating with a 2 year old. He's a stubborn old man that will NEVER sway from his opinion not matter what facts are waved in his face.

He can spin the so-called dominance anyway. Is winning a AS game in 15 inning dominance? Dominating in an all star game has no bearing on the WS.

Historically, there's no correlation between AS game results and WS results. From 1960 to 1985 the NL was 25-3-1 in the AS game. During that same time period the NL was 13-13 in the WS.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                        Exceptions do happen. SAME AS THE NY FOOTBALL GIANTS WHIPPING THE PATRIOTS IN THE SUPER BOWL.
                        I maintain that a lot less can be made of a SuperBowl which is one game where anything can happen than a 4 of 7 series which is more representative of the abilities of the two teams involved.

Comment

Good luck tonight!

you sure love the taste of old man cock dont you

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                            Debating with Savage is like debating with a 2 year old. He's a stubborn old man that will NEVER sway from his opinion not matter what facts are waved in his face.

He can spin the so-called dominance anyway. Is winning a AS game in 15 inning dominance? Dominating in an all star game has no bearing on the WS.

Historically, there's no correlation between AS game results and WS results. From 1960 to 1985 the NL was 25-3-1 in the AS game. During that same time period the NL was 13-13 in the WS.
                            And I suppose and more importantly Interleague shouldn't be considered either as to what league is better and more likely to win a WS.
                            This is quite different, but lets take a team like Baltimore, which had lost 15 straight games on Sunday until last week when they finally won.
                            Would you be more likely or less likely say after they had lost say 8 in a row to bet ON them on the following Sunday, bet AGAINST them or that it wouldn't enter into your decision at all?
                            There is no right or wrong answer here, but am just curious as to what your opinion is.
                            I myself would continue to bet AGAINST that team no matter how much I felt the streak would end if I bet the game at all;in no case would I bet ON that team.
                            Also, All Star games are probably taken at least a little bit more seriously these days because of hoem field advantage in the West.
                            Overall from what I have seen, and I do use interleague results as a criterion as well as watching the teams play in both leagues, the AL is and has been a better league foe a time now, and thus I would be more inclined to bet them in the WS than any NL team at this juncture.
                            ps As far as being stubborn, I presented plenty of stats ands trends myself yesterday;it is interesting that those on the other side of the argument had no answers for them;I guess they must be a little "stubborn" also.
                            Last edited by savage1; 07-30-2008, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by savage1
                              And just because you are younger doesn't mean you can grasp/comprehend everything I am saying!
                              Sorry All-knowing Savage, I guess I'm not that bright. Can you try typing slower, it might help me out. I think you had more fun in the Sports Services section monitoring Charlie and PhilSr. At least they didn't respond back pointing out your inaccuracies (which is why I believe you were banned before).
                              Have a nice day, I have floors to sweep and toilets to clean, a job fitting for a person of my intelligence.

BTW, feel free to post some of your plays on a daily basis so we can all benefit and make some money from your wise insight
                              Last edited by PhilJr; 07-30-2008, 12:05 PM.
                              You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by PhilJr
                                Sorry All-knowing Savage, I guess I'm not that bright. Can you try typing slower, it might help me out. I think you had more fun in the Sports Services section monitoring Charlie and PhilSr. At least they didn't respond back pointing out your inaccuracies (which is why I believe you were banned before).
                                Have a nice day, I have floors to sweep and toilets to clean, a job fitting for a person of my intelligence.

BTW, feel free to post some of your plays on a daily basis so we can all benefit and make some money from your wise insight
                                If you know of the other site where I have monitored Phil Sr. for a couple of years and compared/checked my careful documentation of Phil's record as opposed to the lies and spins he tells, you would perhaps see who is more accurate in telling the truth, Phil or me;i have received a LOT more praises than criticisms on this site as well as other places on the internet.
                                Obviously, the "grasp" comments and being young were meant as a retort to your comments about my "advanced" age.
                                Perhaps while you are cleaning toilets, I should return to my nursing home bed and go to sleep.
                                Last edited by savage1; 07-30-2008, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X