Big Brown will win the Preakness, not the Belmont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WayneChung
    the exotics are great on these big days,lots of public money that normally is not available at the track makes for some great betting opportunities...
    I believe the biggest scores are likelier on big races than small ones.

Even with Big Brown winning, the superfecta in the Derby was $29,000.

In the Preakness, with Big Brown winning at 1-5, the trifecta still came back at $330.

Like Shorty, I had the pick four on Preakness Day. Because of a single 20-1 shot, it paid $590 for a mere $1 bet even with Big Brown winning. If anybody else had won, the pick four would have been over five figures.

On Breeders Cup Day, pick threes are routinely over $1000 and a few have been over $10,000.

Big fields with lots of solid horses are likelier to produce monster payoffs. Also, a payoff can't ever be more than the money in the pool and big race days invariably have much bigger pools.

One other point, the super high 5 (pick the top five in order) was not hit in the Derby, even with Big Brown winning. The entire pool carried over to the next racing day. If someone had hit the bet in the Derby, he would have taken down the entire pool!

Comment

Gotta try to keep this thread alive for 16 more days
      You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandPa
        Gotta try to keep this thread alive for 16 more days
        The threads still alive.

Comment

Holy Fuck

Comment

Just didn't have anything in the tank. 11 horses in a row now that have failed to win the Triple Crown in the Belmont. 3 races in 5 weeks a bit too much I guess.
            MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

Prices are going to be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Presidents
                I'll take any amount of $$$ u wanna bet-I'll take Brownie u can have the rest-HORZE IZ A FREAK
                Guess I should've taken that bet

Comment

Excellent call Bigs

Comment

WOW that was fucking Amazing....

Comment

Dutrow is sweating like a pig. I think he had a nervous breakdown.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                        Excellent call Bigs
                        Thanks KB, I actually did play it in another thread, but I just posted this article because I thought it was interesting, wanted to make sure people thought before betting on him, hope nobody lost their ass

Comment

WOW! I'M STUNNED!

Not because he lost but how he ran. Forget that he was pulled up. You can sense on the backstretch it wasn't Brown's day.

Comment

I can't believe he was pulled up, crazy

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
                              Thanks KB, I actually did play it in another thread, but I just posted this article because I thought it was interesting, wanted to make sure people thought before betting on him, hope nobody lost their ass
                              Hope nobody here did. What did they say, over 6 million wagered on him at the track today? Unfortunately, there will be some bridge jumping this evening

Comment

He just didn't run.

Comment

Working...
                                X