Tigers Offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3ebRocks
    You started a great thread here Pimp. Kudos. Me and Jimmy are dukin it out in a little NL East battle!
    And once again, the friggin Marlins are way better than they should be.

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy
      And once again, the friggin Marlins are way better than they should be.
      Yea they are scoring runs like crazy. Go figure. Until we played them couple weeks ago I couldnt name more than two players in their lineup.

And btw, Hanley Ramirez is amazing.
      "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by 3ebRocks
        Yea they are scoring runs like crazy. Go figure. Until we played them couple weeks ago I couldnt name more than two players in their lineup.

And btw, Hanley Ramirez is amazing.
        Yep, IMO, in about 1-2 yrs, that guy is the best player in baseball

Comment

Good talkin to ya, Jimmy and everyone else. I"ll catch you guys Friday.
          "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy
            Ok, Arod is 1st, forgot about him probably because he has been out and hasn't done a thing this season, but Ut is right there and probably not in his prime yet.
            Uh...fellas...there is a guy in St. Louis who is a pretty good hitter...Utley is a very good hitter but he is no Albert Pujols!
            Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
              Just kinda wanted to throw this out there and I know its still very early in the season but is the best hitting team of our lifetime? If Polanco and Sheffield come back healthy and hit anything near what they are capable of and Granderson now back.

I know there has to be a little homer in me involved in this post but just wondering what the board thinks of this offense and how they compare to anything they have seen in the last 50 years.

I have been following baseball for over 20 years and cant think of a lineup this potent from top to bottom ever.....a few that come to mind are the Indians of the late 90s with Lofton, Alomar, Belle, Thome, Manny, Fryman......that team has a roided Brian Giles and Sexson who couldnt even sniff the field.

Yanks this decade also come close but I still dont think they come close to what the Tigers have....just to put things in perspective the biggest liability in the Tigers everyday lineup when healthy might be Jaque Jones who in my opinion is an avg to above average hitter....just wanted to get everyones opinion on this.

Pitching is this teams achilles heal and I doubt they can win a title with their pitching unless Verlander and Bonderman pitch like the Tigers envisioned and they get back solid performances in the pen from Zumaya and Rodney if they get back healthy.....again I am not saying this is the best team because I dont think they are unless they pitch but the offense is a site to behold in of itself

PEACE
              On paper, they have the potential to be one of the best in recent memories...but I will wait until the season is over and not a handful of games against Texas before I call them 'great'. Paper doesn't always correlate to greatness....
              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

I Agree Pimp This Tigers Team Is Potent.and Yes I Do Think They Can Win It All.verlander And Bonderman In A 7 Game Series With This Offense Has A Great Shot
                MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

It's a good offense, don't get me wrong, but I don't even think they'll score the most runs this year, let alone best offense in our lifetime. They've got too many guys who are old and coming off career years (Ordonez, Polanco, Renteria), which is a bad combination and a couple guys who are just getting old (Sheffield and Pudge).

Granderson is a decent leadoff guy with speed, but he strikes out WAY too much.

Magglio had statistically one of the luckiest years ever last year and is guaranteed to regress.

Sheffield is now having shoulder and finger issues.

Jacque Jones can't hit lefties to save his life.

The media built this thing up because the Tigers managed to combine some big names with some guys who had great years last year, but ESPN has way overhyped a good, but not greatest ever, team way beyond what can be reasonably expected.

One contender for the best offense that we've seen is the 1999 Indians that scored 1009 runs. They had a 28-year old Jim Thome, Roberto Alomar, David Justice, Kenny Lofton, a 27-year old Manny Ramirez, and a 24-year old Richie Sexson.

Comment

... and to think Big Ticket called me a "Homer". I hope he sees this thread!

Pimp, Put the bong down buddy. Looking at the time of the post, i'm going to assume you were high and/or drunk!

They are only the 4TH BEST team in runs scored this year and that alone should end the discussion or thought. They are good but C'MON!!!

I don't want to hear about injuries either 'cuz the teams ahead of them this year have had their own injuries already too and it is part of the game. The Cubs have suffered injuries, even losing Soriano. The Red Sox have had injuries too losing Drew, Lowell, V-Tek and a few others already this year and both are currently ahead of the Tigers. Don't get me wrong, i love the Tigers lineup and i've said it before but let's not get ridiculous here pimp!
                    Last edited by wayne1218; 04-25-2008, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                      ... and to think Big Ticket called me a "Homer". I hope he sees this thread!

Pimp, Put the bong down buddy. Looking at the time of the post, i'm going to assume you were high and/or drunk!

They are only the 4TH BEST team in runs scored this year and that alone should end the discussion or thought. They are good but C'MON!!!

I don't want to hear about injuries either 'cuz the teams ahead of them this year have had their own injuries already too and it is part of the game. The Cubs have suffered injuries, even losing Soriano. The Red Sox have had injuries too losing Drew, Lowell, V-Tek and a few others already this year and both are currently ahead of the Tigers. Don't get me wrong, i love the Tigers lineup and i've said it before but let's not get ridiculous here pimp!
                      Kind of response I was looking for.....everything you said is true but this team has a legit shot at scoring 1000 and when that happens I think people will realize this was a great offense and not some over the hill big names.

PEACE

Comment

Working...
                      X