Tigers Offense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
    I think he was talking about the Yanks, Red Sox, Tribe etc from this year and I would agree with him Phillies are just as good as those teams when healthy

PEACE
    Phillies are producing the way they are right now, in a big part because Burrell is doing so well. And I think there is a better chance of the Atlanta Hawks beating the Celtics this year than him continuing on anywhere near the pace he is on right now. But then again MVP Rollins was hurt a bunch of games, I realize that. But Burrell isnt this good. I watch him 19 games a year against the Mets, and then some, and he just isnt.

I would take Red Sox and Yankees lineups over the Phillies in a second. Howard is great but he will strike out 150 times. You already know my feelings about Burrell. Sure, Rollins and Utley are the real deal, but Werth, Jenkins, Ruiz???

Jeter, Arod, Damon, Posada, Cano (once he gets his head out of his ass), Matsui???? All things being equal healthwise I would take that lineup over the Phillies without a second thought.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

[QUOTE=LVJimmy]Burrell, well, look at his stats so far...QUOTE]

Its 4 weeks into the season.

Dont disagree about Utley. I love him. Howard can go for 50 and 125, we know that. But your arguement can only be validated by Burrell doing what he is doing now the whole year. And nothing in his history says thats going to happen.

But it could. I understand that. Guys have career years. And if he does the Phillies will run away with that division, no question.
      "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by 3ebRocks
        Phillies are producing the way they are right now, in a big part because Burrell is doing so well. And I think there is a better chance of the Atlanta Hawks beating the Celtics this year than him continuing on anywhere near the pace he is on right now. But then again MVP Rollins was hurt a bunch of games, I realize that. But Burrell isnt this good. I watch him 19 games a year against the Mets, and then some, and he just isnt.

I would take Red Sox and Yankees lineups over the Phillies in a second. Howard is great but he will strike out 150 times. You already know my feelings about Burrell. Sure, Rollins and Utley are the real deal, but Werth, Jenkins, Ruiz???

Jeter, Arod, Damon, Posada, Cano (once he gets his head out of his ass), Matsui???? All things being equal healthwise I would take that lineup over the Phillies without a second thought.
        You watch him 19 games/year AGAINST THE METS, AND YOU DON'T THINK HE'S THAT GOOD...that's one of the funniest things I've heard this season.

Comment

Also have to disagree with Utley being the best hitter in baseball.

Arod is the best hitter in baseball. There isnt a manager or gm that wouldnt start a team with him as their first pick. Utley is a stud but Arod will go down in history as a special player.

Comment

[QUOTE=3ebRocks]
            Originally posted by LVJimmy
            Burrell, well, look at his stats so far...QUOTE]

Its 4 weeks into the season.

Dont disagree about Utley. I love him. Howard can go for 50 and 125, we know that. But your arguement can only be validated by Burrell doing what he is doing now the whole year. And nothing in his history says thats going to happen.

But it could. I understand that. Guys have career years. And if he does the Phillies will run away with that division, no question.
            No way Burrell keeps this up, but if/when he does slip, hopefully Howard can step up.

Comment

Arod is the best hitter in baseball. There isnt a manager or gm that wouldnt start a team with him as their first pick. Utley is a stud but Arod will go down in history as a special player.
              i think Manny is tha best hitter in baseball! JMO! every year!

Comment

Pat the Bat is playing for a contract...players do crazy things sometimes

PEACE

Comment

Ok, Arod is 1st, forgot about him probably because he has been out and hasn't done a thing this season, but Ut is right there and probably not in his prime yet.

Comment

You watch him 19 games/year AGAINST THE METS, AND YOU DON'T THINK HE'S THAT GOOD...that's one of the funniest things I've heard this season.
                    Well lucky for the Mets he doesnt play 162 games against the Mets. He plays 19. He doesnt have 35 career home runs against other teams. And he is a 260 lifetime hitter, not .350 which is what he is doing right now. Like I said, anyone can have a career year and maybe he will. But to make the assumption that he will before the first month of the season is over is a little premature, no?

And no, I dont think he is that good at all. And either did the Phillies fans I heard booing him every time he made out against those same Mets the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
                      Pat the Bat is playing for a contract...players do crazy things sometimes

PEACE
                      I know, it is crazy how that shit happens...all I can say though is he went crazy post-All Star game last year so who knows.

Comment

Well lucky for the Mets he doesnt play 162 games against the Mets. He plays 19. He doesnt have 35 career home runs against other teams. And he is a 260 lifetime hitter, not .350 which is what he is doing right now. Like I said, anyone can have a career year and maybe he will. But to make the assumption that he will before the first month of the season is over is a little premature, no?

And no, I dont think he is that good at all. And either did the Phillies fans I heard booing him every time he made out against those same Mets the last 3 years.
                        Not many boos then cuz he doesn't make many outs against the Muts

Comment

Ok, Arod is 1st, forgot about him probably because he has been out and hasn't done a thing this season, but Ut is right there and probably not in his prime yet.
                          Again, I stress, its 4 weeks into the season. The season is 6 months long.

And you dont have to convince me on how good Utley is. I enjoy watching him play and everytime he comes up against the Mets I am wishing he was in a Mets uniform. Believe me I know he is and will continue to be a great player.

Comment

Not many boos then cuz he doesn't make many outs against the Muts
                            True enough.

Comment

You started a great thread here Pimp. Kudos. Me and Jimmy are dukin it out in a little NL East battle!

Comment

Again, I stress, its 4 weeks into the season. The season is 6 months long.

And you dont have to convince me on how good Utley is. I enjoy watching him play and everytime he comes up against the Mets I am wishing he was in a Mets uniform. Believe me I know he is and will continue to be a great player.
                                Agreed, he won't keep this up, or will Burrell, but unlike Burrell, Ut has been more consistent. If you look at his season last year before he got hurt, I really think he would've been the MVP.

Comment

Working...
                                X