Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since 1990 Who Would Your Top 5 College Football Players Everyone Join Will Be Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vols fan
    Most people who have Boston Red Sox avatars also like the Patriots was my point.Sorry should have spelled it out for you.
    He has 0 to your questions above but I enjoyed watching him play.Dan Marino has no Super Bowls but I enjoyed watching him.I will try to keep you in mind next time I make your/MINE picks for top 5 college football players.
    Yes, i am a Patriots fan. However, i by no means dislike Peyton Manning and i think he is a Great "NFL" QB. I guess your "Assumption" of N.E. fans is a little off base.

Comment

P.S.

You are right. I would not have Marino on my Top 5 QB list for All Time purposes. Wins when it matters and Rings are the difference between a Champion and Marino to me. He was a great fantasy player and he put up great career numbers but i could name 5 guys i would take on my team before him and your buddy Peyton is one of them!

Comment

Why no love for Charlie Ward?????
        "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I may have left one out that I enjoyed as well--thought about it at work today Byron Leftwich-

Comment

Originally posted by longnex
            Joseph Addai
            Dwayne Bowe
            Glenn Dorsey
            JaMarcus Russell
            Kevin Faulk
            GO TIGERS !!!!!!
            my list

bush -usc
            faulk - s.d.state
            tomlinson - tcu
            vick - v.tech (even thought he is a douche)
            R. williams - texas
            jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Top 5 Hogs:
              Darren McFadden
              Shawn Andrews
              Kenoy Kennedy
              Brian Burlsworth
              Matt Jones

Top 5 of all:
              Peyton Manning
              Darren McFadden
              Desmond Howard
              Ricky Williams
              Reggie Bush

Comment

Reggie Bush

Vince Young

Desmond Howard

Charles Woodson

Orlando Pace

I love so many other players but these 5 just stick out for me maybe because I saw them so freaking much and were just head and shoulders above everyone else on the field.

I love McFadden, Cadillac and Ronnie Brown from Auburn, the LSU QB who had that magical season and shredded ND in the sugar (name?, sorry its late )....Tommie Frazier, Lawrence Phillips, Peyton Manning, Travis Henry and Jamal Lewis, I cant believe nobody mentioned Donovan Mcnabb.....Kordell Stewart and Michael Westbrook, Marvin Harrison, Randy Moss, Antwaan Randle El, Kerry Collins & Kijana Carter & Lavarr Arrington, Eddie George, Drew Henson, Seneca Wallace, Terry Glenn, Andy Katzenmoyer, Edgerin James.......I mean the list can go on and on with honorable mentions and who knows I mustve forgotten 100 others in the 18 years since 1990 that I loved watching who I thought dominated the college game but the first 5 I picked were just animals and I picked them because again thats who I got to see watch play the most

PEACE

Comment

You guys crack me up with Michael Vick...sorry, but Tommy Frazier was WAY better in college.

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave
                    GO TIGERS !!!!!!
                    my list

bush -usc
                    faulk - s.d.state
                    tomlinson - tcu
                    vick - v.tech (even thought he is a douche)
                    R. williams - texas
                    if your going to list a longhorn why the hell would you list roy williams and not vince young???!!! that USC/TEX rose bowl game was one of the greatest college footballl games ever! if vince young was QB for usc and leinhart was QB for texas that score would have been 56-21 usc....any way you cant overlook vince young...

Comment

Great thread! These are the best threads.

I think many are confusing football players NFL success with college success. How many lists would Adrian Peterson make if it wasn't for his great rookie season? Wasn't he injured his last 2 college seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                        Great thread! These are the best threads.

I think many are confusing football players NFL success with college success. How many lists would Adrian Peterson make if it wasn't for his great rookie season? Wasn't he injured his last 2 college seasons?
                        Waynes right,there are alot of biased picks on here and your right the NFL may influence some of the picks.Is Peyton and Adrian better in the NFL than they were in college.Hell yeah.But for me(a UT fan)enjoyed watching Peyton and thought he did a hell of a job his whole time at UT and can't not like him just cause he didn't beat Florida.He did win an SEC championship but in todays market thats not good enough.Theres over 11,000 players in division I football each year.Only one can win the Hiesman and only about 100 can win the National Championship.Some pretty good players have come out of those other 10,900 over the years.

Comment

Wasn't he injured his last 2 college seasons?
                          A little bit, but still managed to rush for over 1,000 yards in each one.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan
                            the NFL may influence some of the picks.
                            There's no doubt it has. Peterson ran for 1100 in 2005 then barely 1000 in 2006. Making him a top-5 college player in the past 18 years is ludicrous.

There's lots of great college football careers that did poorly in the NFL. Some never made it to the NFL. Charlie Ward immediately comes to mind.

Conversely, there's many NFL superstars, Tom Brady, that had average college careers.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                              A little bit, but still managed to rush for over 1,000 yards in each one.
                              See my post above. One can't consider Peterson one of the top-5 college players in the past 18 years. Also, at the college levl 1000 yards is meaningless. It's becoming meaningless in the NFL.

Comment

There's no doubt it has. Peterson ran for 1100 in 2005 then barely 1000 in 2006. Making him a top-5 college player in the past 18 years is ludicrous.
                                After his freshman year of nearly topping the 2,000 yard mark, I'd hardly call it ludicrous imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X