Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Since 1990 Who Would Your Top 5 College Football Players Everyone Join Will Be Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 very quickly come to mind

1. Reggie Bush
    2. Michael Vick
    3. Tim Tebow

4. Calvin Johnson
    5. Ricky Williams

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan
      Same with Ricky Williams.I have seen him listed a couple times also.What a waste of talent for him and Vick.
      I don't consider Vick a waste of talent at the NFL level. I never expected him to become an elite NFL QB.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ebRocks
        LT
        LaDainian Tomlinson? I know he was the 5th pick of the draft in 2001. I also know he had great junior and senior years. I don't remember fans and the media saying he's one of the greatest college football players.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03

1. Reggie Bush
          2. Michael Vick
          3. Tim Tebow

4. Calvin Johnson
          5. Ricky Williams
          Nice to see ya frank.
          Maybe its being here in Florida but if Tebow stays healthy - he be in the running again the next two years for the Heisman.
          His missionary/christian background and setting goals remind me of Danny Wuerful.
          "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

I don't consider Vick a waste of talent at the NFL level. I never expected him to become an elite NFL QB.
            Elite he wasn't,exciting he was.He had alot of talent just not at the QB position.

Comment

1. Reggie Bush
              2. Michael Vick
              3. Tim Tebow

4. Calvin Johnson
              5. Ricky Williams
              Another one I liked watching,Calvin Johnson.Nice list Frank

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan
                I Think I Missed One On My Top 5 List

Danny Wuerful Was There Any A Better Qb Than Him In College Football.i Think It Was 3 Sec Championships And 2 National Titles With Him As Qb Does Anyone Have The Info On Him But As A College Player He Was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                Danny had Ike Hilliard and several other great receivers and that strong cast propelled him to the Heisman and National Championship and then NFL. Tebow has a few receivers but very green. It speaks volumns when a one player can dominate a game or games in a season. Tebow can. Danny was more of a system QB with excellent skills.
                "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Vince Young
                  Reggie Bush
                  Roy Williams
                  Adrian Peterson
                  Michael Vick

Comment

Thats a good point BUT the best college football coach(in my time) being at Florida at the same time didn't help Peyton either.It's hard to take away from Peyton when Phil Fulmer was the one losing the games to Florida.Spurrier out coached him every year.
                    I think Spurrier gets alot more credit than he deserved. Urban Meyer hasn't missed a beat there. It's about the players. If you get the best ones, any coach can look good. On the field, Peyton never made the plays against Florida when the game was on. He flat out choked against the Gators and couldn't make the plays in the 4th when he needed them. A National Champion OR Heisman Trophy Winner would have found a way to get it done. Look at what Vince Young did for Texas. He absolutely picked that whole team up on his own when they beat USC. He made Mack Brown go from a guy who couldn't win the big one to a National Champion. Peyton never beat the biggest opponent on his schedule (Florida) once and he can't be a top 5 player because of it.
                    Last edited by wayne1218; 04-17-2008, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                      I think Spurrier gets alot more credit than he deserved. Urban Meyer hasn't missed a beat there. It's about the players. If you get the best ones, any coach can look good. On the field, Peyton never made the plays against Florida when the game was on. He flat out choked against the Gators and couldn't make the plays in the 4th when he needed them. A National Champion OR Heisman Trophy Winner would have found a way to get it done. Look at what Vince Young did for Texas. He absolutely picked that whole team up on his own when they beat USC. He made Mack Brown go from a guy who couldn't win the big one to a National Champion. Peyton never beat the biggest opponent on his schedule (Florida) once and he can't be a top 5 player because of it.
                      I looked at it as the Top 5 guys I enjoyed watching.He was one of them.You have your list and I have mine.I enjoyed watching him in college.

Comment

I looked at it as the Top 5 guys I enjoyed watching.He was one of them.You have your list and I have mine.I enjoyed watching him in college.

I guess there are biased and unbiased lists out there. I should have figured that by your avatar.

Comment

I guess there are biased and unbiased lists out there. I should have figured that by your avatar.
                          And I should have figured you don't like Peyton by your avatar

Comment

And I should have figured you don't like Peyton by your avatar

Why does he play baseball???

I like Peyton alot actually. My name isn't dimer and i don't hate the guy at all. The facts are the facts buddy. How many Heisman's, National Titles and wins vs Florida combined did he have in College?

Comment

I chose Peyton because I needed a white guy on my list
                              You want to see biased,go look at JC's picks.

Comment

Why does he play baseball???

I like Peyton alot actually. My name isn't dimer and i don't hate the guy at all. The facts are the facts buddy. How many Heisman's, National Titles and wins vs Florida combined did he have in College?
                                Most people who have Boston Red Sox avatars also like the Patriots was my point.Sorry should have spelled it out for you.
                                He has 0 to your questions above but I enjoyed watching him play.Dan Marino has no Super Bowls but I enjoyed watching him.I will try to keep you in mind next time I make your/MINE picks for top 5 college football players.

Comment

Working...
                                X