No announcement yet.

Picks For Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wayne, good luck with the 2008 season. hope you kick ass my man!!!!!! nothing better than starting the season with your team. they should be tough again this season
    THINK POSITIVE!!!!! BE POSITIVE!!!!!! IN LIFE
    your word is your bond

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
      MLB
      -------

1st Pitch of the 2008 Season will be at 6 A.M.

12:00 midnight in Hawaii

Wayne good luck!!
      1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

Originally posted by xstac2169
        Even with the addition of Santana, the Mets are counting on Pedro who has been done for some time and El Duque who is anywhere from 25 to 55 for all we know. I think that is a lot to count on. In Maine and Santana you have a pair of possible 20 game winners, although Maine is a year or two away.

Sanata was worth the trade, but the Mets are aging. They remind me of the Rangers, taking stars who are on the downside of their careers in Pedro, Wagner, and Delgado. They have a fucking awesome core in Wright, Santana, Maine, Reyes and Beltran, but too many question marks. Alou? Church? Schneider? Pedro? Delgado? 2nd baseman? I think the NL East is a toss up between the Phils and Braves with the Braves taking it. It will not be the best division in the NL for the first time in quite some time, but it will be interesting. The Braves will sneak up on people as Hampton wins 11 games and shocks people he can do that. Jurjens and Chuck James shock people in being a solid number 5/6 duo. Rafael Soriano shows he can close in the NL and Jeff Francouer shows last year was no fluke. I think losing Andruw was a solid as Texeira will beast in the NL and make Atlanta sign him to a 7 year deal. He is the new franchise player as Chipper fades out over the next 3 years. He is still one of the top 3b in the NL and MLB, but is on the downside. They will need to find a replacement for Smoltx either next year or the year after but not this year. I think the Braves win 93 games and the NL east again. They wont go to the World Series or even the NLCS, but the Phils get the Wild Card and the Mets are on the outside looking in again this year.

Just a thought or 10. Mind you I am a little drunk and a Braves fan, but I do love betting against my teams(I am a Dolphins, Braves, Celtics, and Avalanche fan in the respective Big 4 of sports). The Braves shock people this year.

The easiest bets this year in my mind will be against the Yanks in the 1st half and against the Mets all year as both should be big favs in every game.

GL Wayne and thanks for posting as always. Appreciate the ingo you are always able to give!!
        Interesting....can't say I agree with all of this (shocker since I am a met fan). Pedro is going to surprise people and he is far from done. I think h will win 16 games this year, at minimum. I also believe maine will duplicate last year's 15 win effort. Ollie Perez worries me in the 4 hole and El Duque in the 5 spot is a concern...but find me a team that does not have a concern at the 5th starter spot!

Santana will win the Cy Young with 22 wins.

The lineup is a concern as well. Delgado is on the downside, Alou is a bigtime hitter but can't stay healthy...but they do have a number of OF alternatives that are pretty good. Defensively, they are very good. Beltran, Wright and Reyes- you know what you are going to get. And the Bullpen, they need Sanchez to step up and, if he does, I feel good with him Feliciano, Heilman and Wags.

And to compare them to the Rangers...please! they may have overspent on a number of players, especially Martinez, but Pedro was worth every penny, even if he fails miserably this year. Signing him and him willing to come (obviously money made it easier for him) gave the franchise a legitamacy they lacked. Without him, I doubt Beltran and others would have come. He was worth every penny.

The one issue that should be mentioend is Randolph...not a good manager and does little to motivate his team (very much a Torre disciple without the leadership in the locker room like the NYY) and I think Omar might have a quick trigger if they are struggling the end of May.

But Wayne is right, injuries and age are a worry.
        Last edited by Three Jack; 03-25-2008, 12:41 AM.
        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Good Luck Wayne!!!

a-l-o-h-a

Comment

MANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Fuck ... I wanted Manny BADLY in both Fantasy drafts and he just never came to me. He is in great shape and playing in a contract year and everyone up here thinks a big year is coming. Two doubles and 4 Rbi's in game one. DAMNIT!!!!!!!

Comment

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
                Good Luck to everyone
                Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
                Clark: What's steroids?
                Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
                Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Manny with a 2 out, 2 run double in extra innings...sick!!!

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

A's only have 4 hits in this game? LMAO...
                    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by meaiken
                      Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Keep your misery in your own thread where it belongs!

Comment

Fucking Celtics killed me in a nice ML parley with the Habs and Aves.
                        Good Luck to everyone
                        Adam

Comment

Fucking Celtics killed me in a nice ML parley with the Habs and Aves.
                          Should have played the Pistons in there instead. Who do i sound like?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                            Should have played the Pistons in there instead. Who do i sound like?

I stright bet the pistons, but I had -2 for a line. I bet it early in the day. When did you get -1?

You sound like me.
                            Good Luck to everyone
                            Adam

Comment

I stright bet the pistons, but I had -2 for a line. I bet it early in the day. When did you get -1?

You sound like me.

Wagerstreet @ 6:50 pm

Oakland has life!!!!!!!

Comment

Horrible baserunning by Brown. The game should be tied.

Comment

Working...
                                X