Does Anyone Think Gonzaga Lost Tonight On Purpose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tech fan
    TO TELL THE GODS HONEST TRUTH I WAS WORKING AND JUST WANTED TO STRIKE UP CONVERSATION THAT IS WHY I NEVER USED THE WORD FIXED IN THE ENTIRE THREAD.DID IT SEEM FUNNY AND SHADY YES YES YES YES.DID I CLAIM IT WAS FIXED NO

I wasn't talking about you when i mentioned people who do it often. Jerry, you may not have said it was fixed but you did the next best thing and gave a reason why you thought it could be ...

Comment

I also thought you were at work and i assumed not watching the game. What puzzled me is that you suggested that without even watching it. I could see if you watched and saw several shady calls but there were none.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
        I also thought you were at work and i assumed not watching the game. What puzzled me is that you suggested that without even watching it. I could see if you watched and saw several shady calls but there were none.
        OK REALLY DONT WANT TO ARGUE HERE BUT NEVER EVER DID I SAY I SAW SHADY CALLS.
        MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
        HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
        0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

OK REALLY DONT WANT TO ARGUE HERE BUT NEVER EVER DID I SAY I SAW SHADY CALLS.

Read the post again jerry. I never said you did.

Comment

It's all good Jerry. It is an interesting debate!

Comment

Relax in here... We have games starting in 9 1/2 hours that need our attention here

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                Relax in here... We have games starting in 9 1/2 hours that need our attention here

lol - no shit, i need sleep!

Comment

LIKE I SAID WAY BEFORE THE 2ND HALF OF THE GAME BEFORE THIS ONE WHEN ST MARY'S TOTALLY WAS HEAD AND SHOULERS ABOVE THEM IN THE 1ST HALF UP 16 AT A CERTAIN POINT.THEN ALL OF SUDDEN THE 2ND HALF ST MARYS COULD NOT HIT FOR SHIT.OK WILL GIVE YOU BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT HERE BUT THINK ABOUT THIS.

LINE OPENED UP AT GONZGA-6.5 AFTER SAN DIEGO COMES BACK AGAINST ST MARY'S AFTER BEING DOWN 16 FIRST HALF.LINE MOVES TO -7.5 BEFORE TIP OFF.I HAD A HUNCH THAT I STARTED THINKING WHO WANTS THIS GAME MORE THE TEAM THAT KNOWS {GONZGA}THAT KNOWS THEY ARE IN THE TOURNEY OR {SAN DIEGO ] THE TEAM THAT NEEDS THIS WIN.WHO ENEDED UP WINNING.SURE 99% OF ME THINKS THAT SAN DIEGO WON THIS GAME OUTRIGHT.1% OF ME THINKS ABOUT WHAT IT WOULD MEAN TO THE CONFERENCE TO BE TALKED ABOUT GETTING 3 TEAMS WHEN THE ACC MIGHT ONLY GET 4.YOU ARE PROBALY RIGHT BUT JUST TRYING TO GET AN EDGE. YA KNOW
                  HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                  0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Maybe it is always there for you but it isn't with me and i'm guessing most on this forum. There are not many who start those threads but the few that do, do it often.
                    I Have never started a thread like this, but I dont think there is anything wrong with it. Like you said it makes for intresting debate.

There have been betting scandals and proof of fixed games

Look what happened with the NBA ref scandal , Northwestern basketball in 1998, Arizona St back in the day, Boston Colege , Tulane, and I'm sure many many more that were never exposed.

I also think you are wrong that it isnt an issue with the forum. I would bet ( pun intended ) that more than 50% of the members here believe that some / certain games are / have been fixed.

I would hope so anyway.

Comment

TO TELL THE GODS HONEST TRUTH I WAS WORKING AND JUST WANTED TO STRIKE UP CONVERSATION THAT IS WHY I NEVER USED THE WORD FIXED IN THE ENTIRE THREAD.DID IT SEEM FUNNY AND SHADY YES YES YES YES.DID I CLAIM IT WAS FIXED NO

Why are you apologizing and trying to defend yourself ?

You did nothing wrong bro !!

No need to apologize

Comment

Ronny, they pulled a goalie last night in regulation time of a tie game. Was it fixed? Did Toronto coach bet on Philly? Sometimes you have to start fouling alot earlier to extend the game when you are down big or do other crazy shit. Some college teams are horrible FT shooters. Once you realize it ain't happening, you stop. Not all 300+ college coaches are the sharpest cotton ball in the box.

If you think these games are rigged, fixed, predetermined or pushed one way or the other by someone, why in the world do you gamble? You have no shot unless you are in the inner circle of that shit. People make these sports out to be the WWE lately and it is crazy. Yes, refs are human and sometimes they even make bad calls. Why does everyone throw up a red flag when it happens? It sounds like gambling paranoia to me.
                        What the Toronto coach did was strategy because he could not afford for Philly to even gain a point for an OT loss

What the Alabama coach was inexplicable and I saw it with my own eyes.....if you missed it I will replay it.

1. Alabama is down to Auburn by 15+ with just under 2 minutes left and starts fouling......they keep fouling and moving the deficit between 12-15 the whole time this is going on and then he finally calls off the dogs with 40 secs left and a made 3 by his team to get them within 12...the beauty of this is that the last Alabama foul was the one that pushed the 2h total OVER......if he wanted to extend the game further why not foul again down 12 and still 40 more secs left on the clock....I mean that is 4 possesions?

Basically what I am saying is that is not out of the realm of possibility that somebody close to this coach couldve needed that total to go over.....if you think thats crazy why on earth was the Texas A&M(Franchione) coach selling a weekly newsletter to boosters for $1500 a pop that had hidden injury reports that Vegas didnt even know about

Gambling goes on everywhere and the Alabama coach maybe figured that since the game is out of hand why not go ahead and do this favor for a friend......now this is a theory but if there was ever to be a fix this is exactly how it would go down.

Just like that NBA ref Donaghy.....he wasnt fixing the actual outcomes.....he was fixing the pace and all by himself manipulating more or less scoring and Im sure he felt he wasnt harming anyone since he wasnt decidiing the actual outcome....just the total points.

Im not saying this is prevalant whatsoever and I know this is offtopic to the thread that says the team lost on purpose to help the conference which I do not agree with but I am not naive to think that there arent some shady things going out there especially in games that have nothing left to be decided.

PEACE

Comment

Maybe it is always there for you but it isn't with me and i'm guessing most on this forum. There are not many who start those threads but the few that do, do it often.
                          99.9% the people who cry fix are complaining on last second type things that would be impossible to fix even if rehearsed 100s of times.......the ones I speak of are the unnoticed and I am near certain most fixes have to do with totals or games with big spreads where the outcome is already determined.

Refs can control scoring in every major sport and so can the coaches and the players....but IMO its stupid to fix a game for a certain side because thats how you get caught....but you can control scoring for either overs or unders w/o much attention.

Phantom flags to stop drives or keep them going...punt returns, KO returns

Quick whistles in hoops to generate more free throws and slow a game down or wallow a whistle to slow the scoring.....basketball games can have 30 pts scored in the final few minutes if a coach decides thats what he wants.

Umpires can shrink a zone to get runs and expand it to slow the scoring

Its very possible and for crying out loud a ref just got busted last Summer for controlling scoring in games

This shit is real.....and trust me its not the games people cry fix in that are crooked....its the most mundain games that nobody even notices

PEACE

Comment

Im about to get up and take a shit if anyone cares

signed,

FrancoMafia

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
                              Im about to get up and take a shit if anyone cares

signed,

FrancoMafia
                              HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                              0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

I still say the Washington game was fixed. How did the ref not call that foul at the end of the game. He didn't want OT and a chance for Wash to come back.

WTF, I also think the ref fixed the shot clock earlier to leave 2 secs rather than 1.
                                Good Luck to everyone
                                Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
                                Clark: What's steroids?
                                Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
                                Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Working...
                                X