Does Anyone Think Gonzaga Lost Tonight On Purpose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No chance.

The money for the conference would be nice - but I am sure Gonzaga is more concerned for themselves. Much better for recruiting to say we won the conference tournament last year. Then to say - "Hey we were runners up in the WCC last year!"

Plus it does nothing but help the recruiting of their rivals. No chance that they lost on purpose.

Comment

Mary's was ranked for a good portion of the year.....I think they are in.

Comment

wow the MODS should change the name of this thread to blast Jerry theard

Comment

Originally posted by ***THA FIX***
          wow the MODS should change the name of this thread to blast Jerry theard

It's a freakin' talk forum and if you are going to put yourself out there suggesting "Fix" than you should expect the responses.

Comment

Originally posted by theasterisk
            st.mary's isnt a lock to get it...they beat nobody this year...
            kent at home bracket buster weekend would been nice win that loss hurt them for resume but wouldnt say didnt beat anyone they beat gonzaga, oregon, drake and ohio some decent wins no lock to get in but some good wins
            edification will take place pull up the reins and get outta the race.

Comment

The Zags entered last night's game with one WCC lost, I think there were 13-1.
              There are only two teams that I know of this season that went undefeated in league play...Memphis and Davidson.
              The WCC is a much better league that C-USA and whatever league Davidson plays in.
              Also every team in the WCC brings their "A" game to table each time they face GU.
              We have dominated the WCC for the past 9 years.
              Our record in the WCC since 1999 is 129-14.
              To put it in perspective, to defeat a league opponent THREE times in one season is a tall order for any team, in any league period.
              Also throw in the fact that two of the 3 games that the Zags played this year against USD were in San Diego.
              I went to GU, so I may have "homer" slant, but anybody that played competitive sports knows how difficult is to beat the same team THREE times in one season.
              From a bettor's viewpoint, GU has not been very ATS friendly this year and a special note to JC....BLOW IT OUT YOUR ARSE

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                It's a freakin' talk forum and if you are going to put yourself out there suggesting "Fix" than you should expect the responses.

i never said it was fixed i said does anyone think that .I even said it was far fetched.Just think that $$$$$$$$$ controls alot of these schools.A win by gonzaga would not give this conference any tourney talk at all.With the loss come sunday everyone will be talking about this conference.I am just saying that the conference was helped out by gonzaga losing.
                MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK
                  Are you a conspiracy theorist ??? It's hard look away considering the amounts of money at stake for the schools and the conferences (which they split).

Tonite, So Alabama gets blown out. Mid Tenn St is in, everyone thinks So Alabama should get an invite. Sun Belt now gets 2 in instead of 1.

San Diego beats Gonzaga. Zags are in, no question. San Diego probably would not have been. West Coast had one, now they have 2 for sure and St Mary's stands a pretty good chance.

thanks this is what i was trying to say.
                  HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                  0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Jerry, These kids play their whole college careers for chances at conference titles and a chance at the next level. They want nothing more than to win those games. Do you think that there is any chance in hell someone went in and said guys, let's tank this game so that we get a few more bucks in our pockets and the players just say o.k.?

That is absolutely crazy. They were playing on the underdogs homecourt and the Zags are not what they were in past years. How long would it take before 1 pissed off player spilled the beans about the loss on purpose? 5 minutes?? They also hurt their own NCAA seeding by losing a game. None of it would make any sense for the few bucks extra they would get. I'm not sure how some of you guys seriously even come up with this stuff. No coach would want to hand over a conference title like that either. No way and as stated above, it would hurt his recruiting and his coaching profile not to have those conference titles on his resime. It just isn't even possible when you think of all the variables.
                    Last edited by wayne1218; 03-12-2008, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Jerry, These kids play their whole college careers for chances at conference titles and a chance at the next level. They want nothing more than to win those games. Do you think that there is any chance in hell someone went in and said guys, let's tank this game so that we get a few more bucks in our pockets and the players just say o.k.?

That is absolutely crazy. They were playing on the underdogs homecourt and the Zags are not what they were in past years. How long would it take before 1 pissed off player spilled the beans about the loss on purpose? 5 minutes?? They also hurt their own NCAA seeding by losing a game. None of it would make any sense for the few bucks extra they would get. I'm not sure how some of you guys seriously even come up with this stuff. No coach would want to hand over a conference title like that either. No way and as stated above, it would hurt his recruiting and his coaching profile not to have those conference titles on his resime. It just isn't even possible when you think of all the variables.
                      hey man i agree the purpose of this thread was to bring up the notion.Never did i say i think i said Does anyone think.Officials can play a major role in this though.If the conference president gets together with the board and they talk to the game ref's and say something you never know.Do i think it happened NO NO NO.Just saying it was possibility.If you saw the game the night before when St Marys was up 16 in the first half then went the last 10 minutes plus the 5 minute overtime period with only 2 FG's made brought up the thinking on my part.
                      HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                      0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan
                        hey man i agree the purpose of this thread was to bring up the notion.Never did i say i think i said Does anyone think.Officials can play a major role in this though.If the conference president gets together with the board and they talk to the game ref's and say something you never know.Do i think it happened NO NO NO.Just saying it was possibility.If you saw the game the night before when St Marys was up 16 in the first half then went the last 10 minutes plus the 5 minute overtime period with only 2 FG's made brought up the thinking on my part.
                        I watched both games and the only way the refs could do that would be to make MANY obvious mistakes favoring one team or the other. None of that happened. It was about teams going hot and teams getting cold. The shots were dropping for one and finding all iron for the other. The refs can't change that, the players would have to and seeing both games, i saw nothing of the sort. I saw a home team coming up big with the crowd behind them twice.

Comment

You also didn't say anything about the refs in the heading or 1st post Jerry. You said did Gonzaga lose on purpose. That wouldn't involve refs, that would consist of them tanking the game on purpose.

Comment

I watched both games and the only way the refs could do that would be to make MANY obvious mistakes favoring one team or the other. None of that happened. It was about teams going hot and teams getting cold. The shots were dropping for one and finding all iron for the other. The refs can't change that, the players would have to and seeing both games, i saw nothing of the sort. I saw a home team coming up big with the crowd behind them twice.

i said i agree dont think there was anything shady.But if you had the over in the St Mary's game and won like i did seemed little strange.

I know it was not a "fix but trust me when i say this a referee can change a game.Not so sure in hoops as in football.I have been a high school referee for about 10 years now and after a team gets hammered in the first half as a referee its easy to speed that game up the second half and control the damage.All it takes is a meaningless holding on 3rd and 1 to turn it into a passing 3rd and 11 big difference.You would have to think this happens in football.Am i saying games are fixed no way.Can a Ref change the outcome of the winner of a game No Way.Can a Ref help one team out more than the other without taking the win away from the better and more well deserved team You Better Believe It.Its Human nature.
                            HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                            0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

You also didn't say anything about the refs in the heading or 1st post Jerry. You said did Gonzaga lose on purpose. That wouldn't involve refs, that would consist of them tanking the game on purpose.

Point taken.Just think you have to have an OPEN mind.
                              HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                              0-0TOP PLAYS

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Point taken.Just think you have to have an OPEN mind.
                                Sorry, i saw the thread title and responded to it. I thought it was a pretty clear cut question.

Comment

Working...
                                X