No announcement yet.

Tuesday Trends and Indexes 12/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuesday's List of 13: Our NFL List of 13.............

Remember, if you're under .500, you can't be on this list

13) Titans-- Loss to Chargers stung, maybe even cost them a playoff spot, but they really hit hard on defense.

12) Seahawks-- Terrific job by Holmgren, winning fourth title in row in NFC West; this looked like dispirited team midway thru season, but they're playing very well right now.

11) Buccaneers-- They're defending well, but not fond of the team that has QB injury issues this late in season. Will they be favored in 4-5 playoff game at home against the Giants?

10) Browns-- Derek Anderson makes things very interesting in off-season; will Cleveland trade Brady Quinn? Because it is wrong to suggest that Anderson won't be the starter in 2008.

9) Giants-- Eli pouts, Coughlin is a nit-picking whiner, but in meantime, with all of NY/NJ bitching about Giants, they're 9-4 and headed back to the playoffs. Time to give them credit.

8) Vikings-- If I'm a Dallas fan, the one team I want to miss in NFC playoffs, because they're lot better than first meeting. A team that runs ball well and plays good defense is dangerous in January. Jackson has progressed as a QB.

7) Steelers-- Haven't shown much on road, which isn't good news for team that might have to win at Indy, Foxboro back to back to make it to Super Bowl- that ain't happening.

6) Chargers-- How good would they have been had they not let Drew Brees walk away? If I were Alex Spanos, I'd ask my GM that same question. Rivers isn't inspiring confidence.

5) Packers-- Chicago Bears have used 21 different starting QBs since Favre has been starting for Packers. One of worst games in Favre's career was a playoff loss in St Louis, and that is where Pack is headed this weekend.

4) Jaguars-- Interesting matchup with Steelers this weekend. Bad luck being in same division as Peyton Manning's Colts.

3) Cowboys-- Have to be alarmed by way Lions ran ball, but it is also obvious watching Romo, that sitting, observing is the way to develop an NFL QB. Before Mr Owens rips Parcells anymore, he should remember who is responsible for Romo being the Dallas starting QB.

2) Colts-- How badly does NFL office want January 20 to be like this: Colts-Patriots, followed by Packers-Cowboys?

1) Patriots-- Belichick must be closet WWE fan; he is going out of his way to be a villain, passing on first play after 2:00 warning with 34-13 lead, anything to instigate the naysayers. He better hope he doesn't instigate someone who feels like taking a cheap shot at Brady's knees.

Comment

Working...
    X