Breaking News...Yankees take the lead in Santana Sweepstakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wayne1218
    I wish him no harm but the Twins have worked Santana HARD over the last few years. It wouldn't shock me at all if he had dead arm syndrome soon. I also said, for the 14th time now, i would love to have him ... as long as we don't give up Ellsbury to get him.
    i dont think 33 and 34 games in the past 4 years is working hard. Maybe his IP is high, but when you are always in a 1-1 game after 6 innings what do you do, you keep him in. If he goes to NY or boston they will already have 6 runs on the board so he can get all the rest he needs. And i dont think 30 more innings then beckett in the last 2 years is "worked santana hard" by all means...

Comment

I have zero problem with how much he makes. If he was a free agent, i would be all about Boston signing him for that amount. The problem is he isn't a Free Agent and i don't want to give up all the promising young guys to get him.
      but see its stuff like this that i don't understand. I want the vikes to get derek anderson for our 1st overall draft pick, he's proven and a stud, just like Johan. Ellsbury played great at the end of they year, but i would do anything for a seasoned vet. But your stuck on not giving talent away, and no one will change yours or my mind. But i've always said, do what it takes to get the best on your team, not the best available, ie pavano, randy johnson, jaret wright

Comment

Originally posted by jordanrules23
        Wayne, why all of the hate towards Johan???? im sure if he wears the Red Socks you will be in favor......Not like you to wish harm on a good guy....
        wayne, this guy is on the same side as you. you can't feel good about that. this guy didn't even know who jimmy carter was.

Comment

Originally posted by Watchtower76
          but see its stuff like this that i don't understand. I want the vikes to get derek anderson for our 1st overall draft pick, he's proven and a stud, just like Johan. Ellsbury played great at the end of they year, but i would do anything for a seasoned vet. But your stuck on not giving talent away, and no one will change yours or my mind. But i've always said, do what it takes to get the best on your team, not the best available, ie pavano, randy johnson, jaret wright

OMG ... You are losing all credibility if you are going to compare Derek Anderson in football to a 2 Time Cy Young Award Winner. Are you friggin' kidding me? Anderson is suddenly a proven Vet???

Comment

OMG ... You are losing all credibility if you are going to compare Derek Anderson in football to a 2 Time Cy Young Award Winner. Are you friggin' kidding me? Anderson is suddenly a proven Vet???
            No wayne relax, i was just saying i hope the vikes do what ever they can to get him, even if it's a first round pick. Really a horrible compairison, but i was just saying that i would expect boston or ny to drop anything to get a chance to have santana for the next 5 years. after re-reading it i understand where you coming from, stupid compairison....

Comment

No wayne relax, i was just saying i hope the vikes do what ever they can to get him, even if it's a first round pick. Really a horrible compairison, but i was just saying that i would expect boston or ny to drop anything to get a chance to have santana for the next 5 years. after re-reading it i understand where you coming from, stupid compairison....

Nope, sorry. When you say this "he's proven and a stud, just like Johan" about Derek Anderson, a guy who has won absolutely nothing, i think you need to relax, not me. The guy has not even played one season as a starter and after that comment, we really need to just agree to disagree and end our discussion because you have officially lost me now. GL Today

Comment

Nope, sorry. When you say this "he's proven and a stud, just like Johan" about Derek Anderson, a guy who has won absolutely nothing, i think you need to relax, not me. The guy has not even played one season as a starter and after that comment, we really need to just agree to disagree and end our discussion because you have officially lost me now. GL Today
                Agree, i just want him to be at boston...i know it's always NY this, NY that and i just love seeing boston take over the sports world. And to get him for a couple pitchers who haven't proven themselves, i personally (live in mps and season ticket holder for 5 years) think santana with a great line-up could be one of the best pitchers ever. thats my own view, but yes we agree to disagree. GL today as well

Comment

Agree, i just want him to be at boston...i know it's always NY this, NY that and i just love seeing boston take over the sports world. And to get him for a couple pitchers who haven't proven themselves, i personally (live in mps and season ticket holder for 5 years) think santana with a great line-up could be one of the best pitchers ever. thats my own view, but yes we agree to disagree. GL today as well
                  I think Santana could be one of the best ever too. He is absolutely a Stud. I still think he is only 1 player though and to not only have to pay him 22 million a year and give up 3 great prospects ... is too much. At some point you need to draw the line and that is why nothing has happened yet, because N.Y. and Boston obviously feel the same way i do and they are very hesitant. I'm not sure i would say Ellsbury is unproven either. He stepped in for Manny in September, when the Yankees were on their tail, in a very pressure packed baseball town. Not only did he thrive in September, he also was the bloodstream of this team in the playoffs. They were down 3-1 to the Indians and Francona installed Ellsbury into the lineup to see what would happen. They won 7 straight with a ton of energy, he hit a crazy number in the leadoff spot and this team never looked back. That isn't luck or coincidence and i truly don't think people understand how loved and popular Ellsbury is up here right now. He is an instant Icon and EVERYONE wants him in CF next year. He will hands down win the ROY award and his energy everyday is what everyone is looking for over a pitcher who goes once or twice a week with that damn Coco crisp in CF.
                  Last edited by wayne1218; 12-01-2007, 10:39 AM.

Comment

bully!!!!!!!
                    jordanrules..................

Comment

• UPDATE, 12-1-07 at 5pm: Ken Rosenthal says the Twins are asking for shortstop Alberto Gonzalez or starter Alan Horne as the third player from the Yankees. Doesn't sound like Hughes + Kennedy is any kind of possibility. The Yankees cracked and put Hughes in...unless the Red Sox crack and put Ellsbury in it seems like Santana will end up in the Bronx.

Comment

Working...
                      X