Breaking News...Yankees take the lead in Santana Sweepstakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lovedoc
    all the redsox have to do is drop coco from the offer and put in ellsbury.....Sox get Santana.. One little switcheroo and sox land the best pitcher in the major leagues

No Thanks. I've said from Day 1, Ellsbury is untouchable.

Comment

you think giving up hughes fora 22 million dollar pitcher is dumb. Boston spends 50 million to just get his rights. I'm just shocked that anyone in boston or NY wouldn't drop what ever pitcher the twins want for Santana. For once, this pitcher is worth 22 mill cuz he will win your team 25+ games with the lineups boston or NY has

Comment

i agree. no Ellsbury. a good CF isnt easy to come by.

pitchers are a dime a dozen
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
          What a joke. The Best pitcher in baseball and he couldn't even finish in the Top 3 of the A.L. Cy Young voting. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid
          I hope your kidding. Give Santana a 100million dollar lineup behind him and he'll win you 25+ games.

Comment

boston doesnt even need santana

beckett
            lester
            bucholtz
            dice k
            2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

No Thanks. I've said from Day 1, Ellsbury is untouchable.

Wayne, i'm agreeing with you...but your not Theo. I dont want santana either. I think Hughes is gonna be an ace and there is no need to trade for an ace now who might be in a decline in 3 or 4 years... I'm against this trade...but here is what i'm thinking....

In any case, the club finally agreed to put Hughes in a package that includes center fielder Melky Cabrera and at least one other lesser pitching prospect still to be negotiated, as of Friday night. And by doing so they believe they are the front-runners to land Santana, the two-time Cy Young winner.

STILL TO BE NEGOTIATED?????? This is where i believe the yankees are playing cat and mouse in hopes boston surrenders ellsbury. To beat that proposal, THEY HAVE TO!! If theo doesnt' take the bait, yankees can still take offer off the table.. So right now, the yankees have the upperhand in my mind. I could be wrong though. Then again, if yankees offered hughes, why isn't this deal accepted if thats what the twins wanted??????? In my eyes, The gm of the twins will go after ellsbury hard!

Comment

Originally posted by Watchtower76
                you think giving up hughes fora 22 million dollar pitcher is dumb. Boston spends 50 million to just get his rights. I'm just shocked that anyone in boston or NY wouldn't drop what ever pitcher the twins want for Santana. For once, this pitcher is worth 22 mill cuz he will win your team 25+ games with the lineups boston or NY has

ahhhh ... How many times do i need to explain how much money Boston HAS ALREADY MADE on Dice-K. He will cost Boston ZERO by contracts end because of the money they are making hand over fist in Japan with him. Nice try but that argument does nothing for your claims.

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
                  boston doesnt even need santana

beckett
                  lester
                  bucholtz
                  dice k
                  Santana
                  Beckett
                  Lester
                  DiceK
                  Buckholz

with Schilling still to fill in, come on boston fans, you will win 5 more years

Comment

Watchtower...you are not going to win a debate with a Red Sox fan. I would quit while your blood pressure is still intact.
                    The ego of Sox fans is sky high these days, hell Boston sports fan in general are untouchable for the moment.

Comment

I hope your kidding. Give Santana a 100million dollar lineup behind him and he'll win you 25+ games.

25 huh? Keep drinking the Kool Aid buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrezzeEaze
                        Watchtower...you are not going to win a debate with a Red Sox fan. I would quit while your blood pressure is still intact.
                        The ego of Sox fans is sky high these days, hell Boston sports fan in general are untouchable for the moment.
                        They Won 2 World Series without Santana in 4 years. Why is it wrong to think we could spend the money elsewhere? Seriously .........

Comment

this is the biggest joke....what does it mean takes lead????

it means shit until a deal is done....all else is just BS

Comment

Santana
                            Beckett
                            Lester
                            DiceK
                            Buckholz

with Schilling still to fill in, come on boston fans, you will win 5 more years
                            1st off, if they get Santana, Buchholz or Lester is gone so let's be realistic for a minute ..........

Comment

ahhhh ... How many times do i need to explain how much money Boston HAS ALREADY MADE on Dice-K. He will cost Boston ZERO by contracts end because of the money they are making hand over fist in Japan with him. Nice try but that argument does nothing for your claims.
                              Very true, he's a Japan gold mine, great logic, but i just don't understand why you wouldn't give up a prospect who hasn't proved himself for a full year. He's the A-rod (regular season only) of pitchers

Comment

Doc, I'm dead serious in saying this ... I LOVE HUGHES!!!

He is going to be lights out and if you give me Hughes instead of Santana and i can take all that extra money saved to go get another starter to go with him and Wang, you are much better off.

Comment

Working...
                                X