Baaaaarry!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MR Pain
    OK this is going too far, in history, you would have bonds at the plate. That is crazy. Have you ever looked at his playoff numbers, and oh yea didn't he have a chance to beat the angels in the world series. What happened in that one ! The guy is a great hitter but bottom of the 9th with 2 outs I'm going to send Ted Williams to the plate, you said History, right? I would even take Tony Gwynn over barry.
    I don't care about his playoff numbers. I said one at bat, anywhere, anytime. I would take him.

Comment

OK this is going too far, in history, you would have bonds at the plate. That is crazy. Have you ever looked at his playoff numbers, and oh yea didn't he have a chance to beat the angels in the world series. What happened in that one ! The guy is a great hitter but bottom of the 9th with 2 outs I'm going to send Ted Williams to the plate, you said History, right? I would even take Tony Gwynn over barry.
      You also prove my point when you have to go all the way back to Ted Williams to find someone you would take over Bonds.

Comment

• I told you

Originally posted by wayne1218
        You also prove my point when you have to go all the way back to Ted Williams to find someone you would take over Bonds.
        and thank you sir for proving my point as you had nothing else to say about ted williams or tony gwynn. You said history right well you would send barry, and I would send teddy. You didn't say anything about going far back, you said history, which would actually indicate that you would have to go back in time. Be real here If you had bonds, gwynn and williams, you would send bonds? And in response to playoffs when you set up a bases loaded 2 out scenario, wouldn't the hit or walk be much more important in the playoffs then in just another regular game. Who cares if he wins the game in the regular season, I would want that world series champion title, I don't know about you. It's been fun going back and forth I'll see ya tommorrow bud.

Comment

• [ATTACH]6670[/ATTACH]
          Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

and thank you sir for proving my point as you had nothing else to say about ted williams or tony gwynn. You said history right well you would send barry, and I would send teddy. You didn't say anything about going far back, you said history, which would actually indicate that you would have to go back in time. Be real here If you had bonds, gwynn and williams, you would send bonds? And in response to playoffs when you set up a bases loaded 2 out scenario, wouldn't the hit or walk be much more important in the playoffs then in just another regular game. Who cares if he wins the game in the regular season, I would want that world series champion title, I don't know about you. It's been fun going back and forth I'll see ya tommorrow bud.

Right, "I" would take Bonds. I never saw Williams play so i would never pick someone that i have never seen. Gwynn? Ummm ... no way in hell i would take him over Bonds. That is laughable (imo). Your hatred for him blurs reality and the numbers prove his place in the game whether you like it or not.

Comment

• Picture above is Barry Bonds Rookie Card

Comment

• Originally posted by zeib10
                Picture above is Barry Bonds Rookie Card
                did you get my email?

Comment

• No, will check now.

Comment

• I got nothing.

Comment

• I was trying to go out on a nice note. Bottom line is your explanation for not taking williams is laughable, I think you just don't want to admit that you would take him, you just didn't think of it. If you really would send bonds over williams for a clutch 2 out hit or walk, then this whole thread is one big joke ! Ha Ha Ha

Comment

I got nothing.
                        It was about a week ago. I asked about the check you were sending. I thought you had said you sent it out but i never received anything. If you didn't, that's o.k.

I was just wondering.

Comment

Picture above is Barry Bonds Rookie Card
                          love the picture, Now that is funny

Comment

I was trying to go out on a nice note. Bottom line is your explanation for not taking williams is laughable, I think you just don't want to admit that you would take him, you just didn't think of it. If you really would send bonds over williams for a clutch 2 out hit or walk, then this whole thread is one big joke ! Ha Ha Ha
                            I've been a Red Sox fan my whole life and i live in N.E.

I can flat out tell you with ease that i would take Bonds over Williams. I love Williams but i never saw him play. I've seen Bonds and the numbers he has put up and i would take him with no problems doing it.

Comment

• Wayne,

You have mail.

Comment

• Don't even get me staaaarted with that new england crap. what are you from rhode island or new hampshire or something.
                                1 team for 6 states, I thought N.E had a lot of money.

Comment

Working...
                                X