No announcement yet.

OSU/Mich Line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OSU(-6) is what I think. Take the points, this should be a close game. IMO Mich has a better defense and OSU has a better offense. I think the teams match up well and have similar talent. They are by far the best 2 teams in the country and if it is close they should rematch in the title game. But somehow I can see USC or ND sneaking in for a title shot.

Comment

The best way to control a crowd on the road is with a great defense and Michigan has the capabilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman
        OSU(-6) is what I think. Take the points, this should be a close game. IMO Mich has a better defense and OSU has a better offense. I think the teams match up well and have similar talent. They are by far the best 2 teams in the country and if it is close they should rematch in the title game. But somehow I can see USC or ND sneaking in for a title shot.
        Very well thought out post, I'm impressed. I just have a feeling Ohio State gets up 10-14 early and Michigan has to play catchup, which is not their strong suit. Obviously they haven't had to this year, but I can't see their WR getting free in teh secondary. Breston is fast and tough, but they don't seem to throw to him much. And Marringham hasn't shown me much other than the ND and Mich St games. We will see though.
        O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
          The best way to control a crowd on the road is with a great defense and Michigan has the capabilities.
          True, but I just don't see their LBs being able to guard the 3rd or 4th OSU WR. I don't think OSU will run for much, and I hope they don't even try. Just use the speed on the outside and toss it around. Troy is much smarter than any QB they've faced this year and won't make mistakes.
          O..H.........I..O!

Comment

Originally posted by ULikeApples
            No, obviously alot can happen once the game is played, but all you can do before is talk about things that happened in the past this year. I've watched Michigan play ALOT this year, and lost of uninspired football. They look great when you look at the shear numbers and scores, but if you've watched them alot they have many holes. Never mind, I know people are just thinking I'm a homer, which I'm really not. Heck, I bet against the Browns almost every week, haha.

C'mon apples! "Uninspired football" Mich had one bad game all year, they do what they have to do to win. That's how Mich has always been. They just win and don't care about style points. The winningest program in CFB history and the longest consecutive bowl streak as well.

Comment

Very well thought out post, I'm impressed. I just have a feeling Ohio State gets up 10-14 early and Michigan has to play catchup, which is not their strong suit. Obviously they haven't had to this year, but I can't see their WR getting free in teh secondary. Breston is fast and tough, but they don't seem to throw to him much. And Marringham hasn't shown me much other than the ND and Mich St games. We will see though.
              You are asking others so let me ask you. How exactly do you think OSU is just going to jump up by 14 in the blink of an eye? I think you have CLEARLY underestimated the Michigan Defense. OSU lit up the scoreboard early today but it wasn't with a great offense, it was the defense getting turnovers. You must be assuming Michigan will keep turning it over as well?

Comment

C'mon apples! "Uninspired football" Mich had one bad game all year, they do what they have to do to win. That's how Mich has always been. They just win and don't care about style points. The winningest program in CFB history and the longest consecutive bowl streak as well.
                How inspired was OSU when they beat Illinois by 7?

Comment

Yeah, but I watched almost all of the Vandy and Wisconsin games as well as some of Ball State, C/E/W Michigan (I forget who exactly) as well as Iowa and a few others. They just don't seem that explosive to me except against the piss-poor defenses of Mich St and ND. I'm not saying they are bad or anything, I really do think they are the 2nd best team in the country. It just seems like, if you rated OSU a 10/10, Michigan is a 9/10 and no one else is higher than a 7/10 this year.
                  O..H.........I..O!

Comment

Great point buddy!

Comment

You are asking others so let me ask you. How exactly do you think OSU is just going to jump up by 14 in the blink of an eye? I think you have CLEARLY underestimated the Michigan Defense. OSU lit up the scoreboard early today but it wasn't with a great offense, it was the defense getting turnovers. You must be assuming Michigan will keep turning it over as well?
                      No, just get the kickoff, score, force a punt, score again.
                      O..H.........I..O!

Comment

Wisconsin is one of only a few one loss teams left. Pretty or not, Michigan is their one loss!

Comment

Somewhat in the first half, not very much in the second hald. But the rain and keeping away from injuries had alot to do with that. I could mention all the 44-0 and 44-3, etc games this year and ask how much they were inspired then, but no need for that.
                          O..H.........I..O!

Comment

Yeah, but I watched almost all of the Vandy and Wisconsin games as well as some of Ball State, C/E/W Michigan (I forget who exactly) as well as Iowa and a few others. They just don't seem that explosive to me except against the piss-poor defenses of Mich St and ND. I'm not saying they are bad or anything, I really do think they are the 2nd best team in the country. It just seems like, if you rated OSU a 10/10, Michigan is a 9/10 and no one else is higher than a 7/10 this year.

I can see why you and others might think this but when Mich gets a lead they just run the ball and rely on the defense. They could have blew out those teams but thats not Michigan football. It never has been. Apples I told you before and I'll say it again I think OSU is a great team and when they aren't playing Mich I cheer for them cause they represent the Big 10. I'm not saying Mich will win, just that it will be a good game and that I think they just might.

Comment

I can see why you and others might think this but when Mich gets a lead they just run the ball and rely on the defense. They could have blew out those teams but thats not Michigan football. It never has been. Apples I told you before and I'll say it again I think OSU is a great team and when they aren't playing Mich I cheer for them cause they represent the Big 10. I'm not saying Mich will win, just that it will be a good game and that I think they just might.
                              Fair enough!!! I hope for a great game too. Can't wait to be up there for it!

Also, in reference to what you said about not blowing teams out, if you apply that same thing to Ohio State, that's why I think this year's team is special. They did the same thing and the past and would get a lead and win 17-3, 24-10, etc. But this year they are turning those games into 44-0 and 38-7. We'll see though, that's why they play the games!
                              Last edited by ULikeApples; 11-12-2006, 12:17 AM.
                              O..H.........I..O!

Comment

Michigan can be a very explosive offense when they need to be. Manningham is one of the best receivers in the country to go along with Breaston & Arrington. And Mike Hart may be the MVP of college football!

Comment

Working...
                                X