Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seabrook & Hollywood ( Matinee ) Phoenix ( Evn. )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmm

I was thinking about maybe playing some tri boxes..keep the price to under 50 a race..I know that the quad costs 60 if I recall correctly.

If you have a better feel on a specific track let me know vs PHX, looks like I will be there mid morning. Its a 4+ hr ride over, will leave somewhat early..come home later the day.

If you think the 4 box is a better ROR let me know and I will do so. I would rather spend another 12 and make more than not. Also, I have noticed from you and Iggy that locking in 1 doggie then boxing the rest really doesnt pay, at least from the races recently run. I would rather box 3 than lock in #1 then box the other 3.

Maybe I am in left field and should do the reverse? (or maybe I play 5 or 6 races instead of all of the runs)

Thanks as always and I appreciate the help!

Comment

Wallstreet

As far as the tri's go, its a risk to reward issue. For instance, in the earlier races at Hollywood today, if you would have boxed 4 dogs in the tri, it would cost $24, or boxing 5 would have cost you $60 a race. The low payoffs in those races would have caused you to lose money, even though you would have cashed the ticket.

In my experience, boxing trifectas with 4 or more dogs is a losing prop, long term. But if that's what you want to do, may I suggest the following style of trifecta wagering:

1-2
      1-2-3
      1-2-3-4-5 Cost $12.00

1-2
      1-2-3-4
      1-2-3-4-5 Cost $18.00

Something like that give you a chance to cover more dogs with less money outlay.
      See spot run!

Comment

iggy,

So you are saying do not box, rather bet the sequence you listed?

So say this was the scenario:

Race1 52143

You say bet separate bets like this:

bet1) 52
        bet2) 521
        bet3) 52143

Which costs 12 bucks, but they must hit JUST like that

or in the 2nd scenario-

bet1) 52
        bet2) 5214
        bet3)52143

Is that accurate? So instead of the box, you bet 3 separate wagers? Sorry if I seem a bit slow but I just want to make sure I understand.

The appeal to me of the box is that there can be any order of the placing and I still win and also have the upside of the exacta (??)

Thanks

Comment

Wallstreet

It call a ($1 Trifecta Partial Wheel) which is one wager, and you call it a the window like this use your your Scenario of (Race1 52143)

"$1 Trifecta Partial Wheel, 52 with 521 with 52143"

How this works is either 52 needs to come in 1st, either 521 needs to come is second, and 52143 can come in third.
          See spot run!

Comment

Iggy,

I gotcha and since you are taking out a part of the wheel, thus the lower price.

So from your experience do you feel that "locking" in the first two has enough of a percentage to eliminate the other three dogs and lower your take if say #4 picked dog comes in first?

I guess my point is that if a longie comes in first and you "wheel" all 4, then you get paid much larger all around, and if a semi longie comes in then most of your payday is lost since you are locking in 52 in this example in the first slot.

I want to use what is the best overall in price and percentage.

Thanks!

Comment

Wallstreet

Once again it's a risk to reward ratio. However, you can move things around if you would like:

or

still cost the same $12.

Now I'm not saying that you have to this, its just an example
              See spot run!

Comment

I guess your point is that the costs is low, thus instead of spending 600 bucks on 10 races, you spend 120 (12 a race for 10 races) and that saves the bankroll over time.

The downside is you dont get one of those 1600 buck paydays I have seen MMM get by boxing 4 or 5 in.

I am not sure which is the wisest, I am sure there has to be some stats that show which makes more sense.

For the gambler, maybe the box 4 or 5, for the conservative the partial wheel.

Comment

Wallstreet

Its a matter of choice, I don't personally chase Tri's, if they happen, they happen. Boxing 5 dogs at $60.00 a race never really worked for me in the long run.
                  See spot run!

Comment

iggy,

So tell me.. MMM and I have talked tons about this and she has her views and lots of wagering experience and training experience. Tell me how you like to wager..what works for you and how you make money?

I see the other day you like to lock in a specific dog, then (quin?) the rest..where the other 3 or 4 finish 2-4th or 2-5th.. is that accurate?

I appreciate your responses and it is good to see how people do it who are active as you are.

I would have to say I lean towards a 4 box for 48 a race..but my experience is NADA so it might be a horrible lean..lol

Comment

Wallstreet

Usually, I'll pick the top 4 dogs, find the winner out of that and wager $2 to win on that dog. Quinella box the top four dogs $12, and Tri key the the dog I picked to win, with the 3 other dogs.

I've been at this since 1985 and wrote a program back then, which does that work for me. If you look early in the thread, you can see what i've done with that just today.
                      See spot run!

Comment

iggy,

So you Quin (which means place in the top 2) them combo that with your top pick..

That is how I felt it was from your other posts.

One thing I also have noticed is that on the runs you played (2) that only once or twice the dog you picked as top came in top..and MMM tri'd 4 and seemed to have better results. I dont know how much she made in relation to the 48 bucks spent per race, but you get what I mean.

Comment

Wallstreet

Example from today:

Seabrook Race 1: I picked (1542), so I would play

$2 on 1 to Win = $2.00
                          $2 quinella box 1542 = $12.00
                          $1 Trifecta Key 1 to win with 542 = $6.00

This race finish 124, so I win all three wagers

Hollywood Race 3: I picked 3278, so I would play

$2 on 3 to Win
                          $2 quinella box 3874, so I need 2 of those 4 to finish 1st and 2nd to win that wager.
                          $1 Trifecta Key 3 to win with 874, I need 2 of those 3 to finish 2nd and 3rd, with 3 finishing 1st.

This race finished 3874, so I won all three wagers.

That's how I do it.
                          See spot run!

Comment

tris

I think the best way to play tris is to key 1 or 2 horses like

1-234-4567 and going 234-1-4567

or

12-12-34567 and 12-34567-12

Comment

iggy,

Right..thanks for the exact example. Now I know that depending on the ratings of the dogs that it will control how much you make per bet.. but in those examples today, how much did each net you?

So in the first race..

2.00 ticket for the 1 pooch to win won??
                              the 1542 box won how much?
                              And the 1 key 542 how much did that pay?

So the first race cost 20 bucks..and do you have the figures of what the box would have paid? It would cost you 28 bucks more but if you had done that, what would it have paid versus what you were paid?

Thanks and I appreciate the exchange!

MMM if you are reading this, please chime in on your views!!

Comment

goodboy,

I dont follow your thinking..

7 horses, keying the 12, but explain the difference in the two scenarios:

12-12-34567 and 12-34567-12

And why do one over the other? To me a layman it seems like redundancy..if you are keying 12, then you bet another 12 key??

Sorry if am seeming a bit slow..maybe it is the larger number of participants that are with horses versus dogs.

Comment

Working...
                                X