The Global Warming Hoax continued:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by husker View Post
    there are things that back up both sides of this question. i doubt anyone is going to change anyone's mind, just like politics.

the only thing proven, is NOTHING is proven. it's not worth discussing any further.
    “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

I respectfully disagree. Sometimes the purpose of heated discussion isn't to change anyone's mind, but to gain a new perspective on the issue at hand. That's the inherent value of this discussion and this forum. Intelligent discourse is missing from American politics in a big way and if the media won't initiate it then maybe we can.

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry View Post
        someone please explain to me how with less than 200yrs of climate data anyone can say that there is global warming? Earth has been around for millions of years. the actual sample size of data we have is far far to small to make any justification. Any other info is just "speculation" at best. Truth is this global warming BS it's like watching 1 second of a movie and saying "this movie sucks" or "this is the best movie ever". How can one tell from 1sec of the film?? answer you cant.
        There is global warming because the super-frappaccino-latte-mocha-java-doppler-radar-estrusion-vaportrail-machine that Al Gore built says so
        He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

the best scientists in the world seem to be stuck in their thinking, and i believe it is because of grants and funding. whatever their conclusion, almost all will be favorable to where their money is coming from. i enjoy debating issues, but can you honestly say people like weiner have anything intelligent to add? i haven't seen it. there are too many like him that ruin it for people that don't want to really get into all that "talking point" rhetoric, and attacking the poster when you can't answer a legitimate question. there is only repeating the talking point to support a talking point.
          “A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."

Gerald Ford

Comment

Originally posted by husker View Post
            the best scientists in the world seem to be stuck in their thinking, and i believe it is because of grants and funding. whatever their conclusion, almost all will be favorable to where their money is coming from. i enjoy debating issues, but can you honestly say people like weiner have anything intelligent to add? i haven't seen it. there are too many like him that ruin it for people that don't want to really get into all that "talking point" rhetoric, and attacking the poster when you can't answer a legitimate question. there is only repeating the talking point to support a talking point.

I have been saying this all along. Money corrupts people, the problem here is that where will scientists get funding from governments who have this way down on the priority list. The best way for them is to make it seem as though we have a "crisis".

A recent survey of Americans had Climate change/Global warming at #28 on a list of most pressing issues. It is just not an issue people are believing or consider a problem to start throwing more money at.

CT is obviously very intelligent and must have a Science background. He brings a lot to this discussion without attacks.
            NBA is a joke

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
              Correct!

How the libs follow Al Gore like sheep is laughable.
              jordanrules..................

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1 View Post
                The best way for them is to make it seem as though we have a "crisis".

A recent survey of Americans had Climate change/Global warming at #28 on a list of most pressing issues. It is just not an issue people are believing or consider a problem to start throwing more money at.

just like the weather channel, people only watch if there is a storm coming. they have financial incentives to exaggerate bad weather to pump ratings.

all the surveys/polls i have seen have global warming concerns dropping with all the news about questionable methods of how scientists have made the case for global warming. NOTHING says more than changing from "global warming" to "climate change", covering your ass no matter what happens.

Gerald Ford

Comment

Working...
                X