Didnt OBAMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KazDog View Post
    No way. Gas pricing avg never went below $1.50. It had a short down tick and has been level for the most part in the $2 range. In late 2005 and 2006, Congress threatened to pump oil from fields that oil companies weren't pumping, at that point they went down for a time. Bush was a lame duck during that time as well. 30 to 40 cents fluctuation is normal.

KAZ
    I never said 1.50. A year ago I was paying 1.60s. Now I'm paying 2.70.

Comment

Originally posted by robby_morini View Post
      I would point out that Obama's votes as a US Senator (including the bank and insurance bailouts) make him complicit in many of the financial problems we are having now. As you know, the House and Senate write the bills, and the president signs them into law.
      Hallelujah!!!!!

Finally, someone posts the obvious. I'm so tired of Bush being blamed for everything. The last I checked we're not a dictatorship. Bush nor any president has the authority to enact any laws on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03 View Post
        I never said 1.50. A year ago I was paying 1.60s. Now I'm paying 2.70.
        Isn't it the nature of commodities pretty much a huge run-up, followed by a huge sell-off with a leveling out period? That seems to be the transgression....

KAZ
        [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

Hallelujah!!!!!

Finally, someone posts the obvious. I'm so tired of Bush being blamed for everything. The last I checked we're not a dictatorship. Bush nor any president has the authority to enact any laws on his own.
          OK, that's fair, but let's also point out the obvious that it was a Conservative dominated House and Senate for Bush's first 6 years.....

KAZ
          [email protected]

Comment

Isn't it the nature of commodities pretty much a huge run-up, followed by a huge sell-off with a leveling out period? That seems to be the transgression....

KAZ
            Oil/gas should never be traded as a commodity. It's a fucking joke. The cost is the cost.

I pay the same for pork bellies regardless of the commodities price.

Comment

Oil/gas should never be traded as a commodity. It's a fucking joke. The cost is the cost.
              :
              It's a scam. The commodities price goes up and we're hit at the pump the next day. The commodities price goes down and it's days before it's reflect at the pump. About 4 to 6 months ago the commodities price took a big dip. It was days before the price of gas dipped a few cents. About a week later the commodities price was back to where it was. Yet the price of gas was higher then the week before. Americans are getting fucked.

Comment

Hallelujah!!!!!

And of course the same applies to Obama. I agree 10 months isn't enough time. To be honest I'm disenchanted by our entire political system. It's a fucking disgrace. The two party system is a joke. If the people really want change they need to vote out both the republicans and Dems.

Comment

It's a scam. The commodities price goes up and we're hit at the pump the next day. The commodities price goes down and it's days before it's reflect at the pump. About 4 to 6 months ago the commodities price took a big dip. It was days before the price of gas dipped a few cents. About a week later the commodities price was back to where it was. Yet the price of gas was higher then the week before. Americans are getting fucked.
                  It is a sham that these gas prices can be so volatile. It crippled the economy when it hit $5 per gallon. Farmers, construction, car makers, all were affected because people just stopped spending money.

KAZ
                  [email protected]

Comment

And of course the same applies to Obama. I agree 10 months isn't enough time. To be honest I'm disenchanted by our entire political system. It's a fucking disgrace. The two party system is a joke. If the people really want change they need to vote out both the republicans and Dems.
                    I agree. But who knows if that will happen. I suppose if a black man can become president, then a person from an independent party can become one as well.

We'll see where we stand in the next two years. Obama's term has barely begun. People want to see this get better tomorrow. But it don't happen like that.

KAZ
                    [email protected]

Comment

It is a sham that these gas prices can be so volatile. It crippled the economy when it hit $5 per gallon. Farmers, construction, car makers, all were affected because people just stopped spending money.

KAZ
                      Aside from the banking disaster, gas prices is the primary reason our economy went down the toilet. What's really disappointing in a large part it was caused by greed on Wall Street and corporate America.

Comment

We'll see where we stand in the next two years. Obama's term has barely begun. People want to see this get better tomorrow. But it don't happen like that.

KAZ
                        Kaz, that's part of the problem. Americans want instant satisfaction. They expected things to get better days after Obama took office. Just like they turned on the war. The war went extremely well in the beginning. Once it became a little dicey Americans turned. They wanted to take their ball on go home because they started losing the game.

Comment

car makers
                          The biggest scam of our lifetime. The auto industry and gas companies in bed together. For decades the technology exists for autos to get much better gas mileage.

Comment

Aside from the banking disaster, gas prices is the primary reason our economy went down the toilet. What's really disappointing in a large part it was caused by greed on Wall Street and corporate America.
                            True. But the war didn't help. It gave them an excuse to raise prices. They just stopped pumping gas. I've read stories about a lot of untapped oil in the Dakota's and oil companies refusing to pump the oil available in their own fields. I was just at the Oxy field in Bakersfield, Calif. where they found the largest oil reserve in the past 50 years. Oxy had purchased that land that was supposedly dry. After their purchase, which was in the billions of dollars, they've pumped over 200 million barrels of oil in that field alone and now stumbled upon that oil reserve that I had stated.

KAZ
                            [email protected]

Comment

Kaz, that's part of the problem. Americans want instant satisfaction. They expected things to get better days after Obama took office. Just like they turned on the war. The war went extremely well in the beginning. Once it became a little dicey Americans turned. They wanted to take their ball on go home because they started losing the game.
                              The biggest scam of our lifetime. The auto industry and gas companies in bed together. For decades the technology exists for autos to get much better gas mileage.
                              I completely agree on all three Frank! Nicely said! Obama may not be the answer and may not fix the situation, but it's way too early to indict him. 10 months is no where near enough time to fix the mess. Congress needs to react but people need to exercise patience. If the economy starts to turn, people will start to find more jobs. Time will tell....

KAZ
                              [email protected]

Comment

True. But the war didn't help. It gave them an excuse to raise prices. They just stopped pumping gas. I've read stories about a lot of untapped oil in the Dakota's and oil companies refusing to pump the oil available in their own fields. I was just at the Oxy field in Bakersfield, Calif. where they found the largest oil reserve in the past 50 years. Oxy had purchased that land that was supposedly dry. After their purchase, which was in the billions of dollars, they've pumped over 200 million barrels of oil in that field alone and now stumbled upon that oil reserve that I had stated.

KAZ

Kaz, Frank,

If you cant beat em (which we cant), join em. Buy some stock in oil companies.

That is what I do!
                                NBA is a joke

Comment

Working...
                                X