What am I missing on Josh Hamilton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I missing on Josh Hamilton?

Why is everyone falling over themselves to talk about what a great story this kid is? Yeah, I understand he overcame adversity and all that, but let's not make this guy a hero. What he overcame was himself! The idiot had the world by the balls and fucked it up by getting hooked on crack. He pissed away four years of his life/career by getting hooked on drugs, and is probably quite lucky to even be alive. Wow, what a role model!

Look, I can respect the fact that he kicked drugs, and is now talking to kids about the dangers, but let's see this for what it is. He is by no stretch of the imagination a hero. I sure as shit don't want my son following in his footsteps. What is the message, be great, fuck it up by getting hooked on drugs, and if you get clean (and have amazing ability), you too can be a hero someday.

What am I missing?

Sounds like the story of your football team this year

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan

Comment

I agree, his story is remarkable, but he is no hero. I am tired of listening to it to be honest with you.
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

I cant talk, we have had more players arrested or shot in the offseason than just about anyone.

Matter of fact i will post an email that is going around all thru the state, I am sure it was started by a cock sucking UK fan.
          [email protected]

Comment

A lady in Louisville calls 911. Hysterically, she says,
            'Someone's just broken into my house, and I think he's going to rob me!'
            The police officer says, 'We're really busy at the moment. Just get the
            guy's jersey number and we'll get back to you.'

Q: What is the biggest concern for the Louisville Football Program
            A: Does the NCAA count bail money as a recruiting
            violation?
            __________________________________________________ ___
            Q: What do you call a drug ring in Louisville?
            A: A huddle
            _______________________________ ______________________
            Q: Four Louisville players in a car, who's driving?
            A: The police
            __________________________________________________ __

Q: Why can't most of the Louisville players get into a huddle
            on the field?
            A: It is a parole violation to associate with known
            felons.
            The Cards are expecting a 7-6 season this year.
            7 Arrests, 6 convictions.
            __________________________________________________ ____
            Q: How will the Cards spend the first week of Spring
            Training?
            A: Studying their Miranda Rights
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
              I cant talk, we have had more players arrested or shot in the offseason than just about anyone.

Matter of fact i will post an email that is going around all thru the state, I am sure it was started by a cock sucking UK fan.
              I'm just messing with him.When the Bulldogs are playing anyone but UT,I pull for them like crazy.I live about 45 minutes from Athens.I think there getting the bighead with all this #1 talk but Richt should be able to get it under control once practice starts.SEC baby

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. College kids will be college kids, and as long as they aren't raping, shooting, or stealing, I just care about the wins. A fight at a keg party? Yeah, I think most us have been there. Getting a little frisky with a girl...........most of us are guilty again.

I think we all know that there are an equal amount of thugs on just about any SEC team, or any major conference for that matter. If that is the worst thing that happens to the Dogs this year, I'm a happy camper.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush
                  Why is everyone falling over themselves to talk about what a great story this kid is? Yeah, I understand he overcame adversity and all that, but let's not make this guy a hero. What he overcame was himself! The idiot had the world by the balls and fucked it up by getting hooked on crack. He pissed away four years of his life/career by getting hooked on drugs, and is probably quite lucky to even be alive. Wow, what a role model!

Look, I can respect the fact that he kicked drugs, and is now talking to kids about the dangers, but let's see this for what it is. He is by no stretch of the imagination a hero. I sure as shit don't want my son following in his footsteps. What is the message, be great, fuck it up by getting hooked on drugs, and if you get clean (and have amazing ability), you too can be a hero someday.

What am I missing?
                  It is idiots like you that need to be educated that we as addicts did not "choose" to get addicted or do it ourselves. You need to take a class and learn about why people become addicted to drugs and alcohol before you ever have the slightest clue. He is a hero and everything he has done is one of the most remarkable things I have ever heard. What you do not know is that only a SMALL percentage of people do not go back to their old life and VERY FEW succeed in beating this desease before they are either in jails, institutions, or dead....
                  SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

I'm just messing with him.When the Bulldogs are playing anyone but UT,I pull for them like crazy.I live about 45 minutes from Athens.I think there getting the bighead with all this #1 talk but Richt should be able to get it under control once practice starts.SEC baby
                    I agree. I'm for whatever is best for Georgia first, but SEC second. In bowl games I'm always pulling for any SEC team to win.

Comment

Originally posted by harold_bush

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. College kids will be college kids, and as long as they aren't raping, shooting, or stealing, I just care about the wins. A fight at a keg party? Yeah, I think most us have been there. Getting a little frisky with a girl...........most of us are guilty again.

I think we all know that there are an equal amount of thugs on just about any SEC team, or any major conference for that matter. If that is the worst thing that happens to the Dogs this year, I'm a happy camper.
                      I agree 100%.Like when Athens police arrested Caleb King for riding a moped on a suspended license.What a publicity stunt for the police department.By the way,when Caleb King is done at UGA he might be listed with the best ever.Knowshon will be up there also which makes me think about Auburn with Cadilac and Ronnie Brown.It will be exciting to watch

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
                        It is idiots like you that need to be educated that we as addicts did not "choose" to get addicted or do it ourselves. You need to take a class and learn about why people become addicted to drugs and alcohol before you ever have the slightest clue. He is a hero and everything he has done is one of the most remarkable things I have ever heard. What you do not know is that only a SMALL percentage of people do not go back to their old life and VERY FEW succeed in beating this desease before they are either in jails, institutions, or dead....

He chose to use drugs Chado, just like you did. Crack didnt jump up in the air and land in his mouth, you need to check yourself before you call someone and idiot.

He chose his path, it didnt choose him.
                        [email protected]

Comment

You or he didn't choose to be an addict? You might not have thought you wouldn't become one but YOU chose to do it for the first time and YOU let it take over your life.Iv'e been to all those classes myself and if you don't ever touch it you can't get addicted to it.I'm glad you stayed clean but when it's all said and done who else can you or Josh blame.

Comment

No need to call him an idiot Chado. I personally think people throw out the word "addiction" as an excuse. Alcoholics "choose" to drink their first beer, imo, it is not something ingrained in the human DNA. Just as crack addicts don't go searching for their next hit, without "choosing" to do it first. No doubt, once you start and the more you do the harder it is to quit, but a lot of these people lay the foundation for themselves with the "choices" they make to begin with. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of you and the Josh Hamilton's of the world for getting off that junk as it is not easy to do once you get started, but I just don't believe all the excuses of "I can't help it, I'm an addict," type stuff because that person had a choice not to take their first hit of crack.

Comment

Also sorry I did not mean to call you an idiot as you are not. I just take the disease of alcohol and drug addiction very seriously. When someone who has not had it directly affected with themselves or with someone they know or are closely related to they are not educated and informed about it as you may not be and therefore simpley canot understand. It is a disease and not something that I would wish on anyone so yes when someone can surpass against all odds and battle it out and fight to the finish like Hamilton has so far I would not dis-credit any single aspect of what he has done cause frankly you do not know the parameters that can cause anyone in this world to get into that lifestyle and mindframe.
                              SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X