Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dakingisdead
    OK..this is what was confusing me

Those Saudi Arabian guys that took down the towers were terrorists. You know why, because they came into our country and attacked us.

Are all guys who were rounded up (whatever that means) terrorists? Probably not. Are all people in prison guilty? Probably not. Are all US soldiers evil b/c a few went and did unforgivable things? Probably not.
    I wasn't arguing, we agree.

Comment

Originally posted by vols fan
      Mcveigh pretty much acted alone and would have bombed Russia alone also.The terrorist had plenty of help from the higher ups.
      Good point, it was hypothetical of course.

Comment

My point was, we torchered civilians as well as terrorists, and that's wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
          But unfortunately, so do the iraqis. And maybe since it's a new type of enemy, fighting an eye for an eye might be worth exploring and sinking to their level? Who knows. Has pros and cons, that's for sure. Does anyone have any stats if there was ever a poll to see if people in the US support some form of torture?
          Can Barack tell me what a "typical" white person is please?

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
            Iraqs want us out of there. They live in fear of sticking their heads outside of their doors.

Have you not read the articles were american soldiers killed innocent unarmed Iraqs? I'm not talking by accident either. Granted I'm sure this is few and far between, but that doesn't make it right.

And a lot more than a few have paid for the Iraq war.
            Monte,
            My son in law just got back from Iraq. You are right and wrong when you say the Iraqis want us out. Some do and some don't. And there are some innocent people that have been killed. I am not condoning that but it does happen.
            When you say "they live in fear of sticking their heads outside their doors" that is also correct but it is not totally of fear of the Americans.
            Terrorists, soldiers or whatever you want to call them continue to threaten freedom not just in America but also overseas.
            What the councilman from Texas was saying is that if torture of a terrorist saves one American soldiers life, do what you have to do. I guarantee you that "soldiers" from Iraq or wherever feel the same and they will torture anyone that can help their cause.
            I'm not here to argue about whether we should be in Iraq or not because that will carry on for decades, just like Vietnam. People who are Democrats blame the Republicans and vice versa. Some people have blinders on and say that "their party - either Democratic or Republican - can do no wrong, no matter what the outcome.
            My longwinded point is just don't believe everything you read or hear because I've been told by someone who has been there and unfortunately might be going back, that most is not true - and that comes from both parties.
            jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
              It's way wrong.The innocent civilians that are dying in Iraq because of terrorist are not good but something that happen in war.Our innocent civilians that died in 9/11 were innocent also.The terrorist was out for our government and innocent people died and if we dont get rid of them more will follow.I know you have your views on the war and I don't get into discussions about the war or politics much but I will tell you how I stand on the war.I hate every time I here of a soldier dying and it makes me mad,but I also remember how mad I was when 9/11 happened and wanted to bomb who ever did it.I think we all did.These soldiers are fighting and dying so that you and I can walk our kids in the park and not have to worry about a bomb going off.We pull out now,we will get attacked again and this time it might be one of our loved ones involved.These soldiers ar dying for there country and there families are proud of the sacrifice they made,why can't we.

Comment

Originally posted by baseballdave
                Monte,
                My son in law just got back from Iraq. You are right and wrong when you say the Iraqis want us out. Some do and some don't. And there are some innocent people that have been killed. I am not condoning that but it does happen.
                When you say "they live in fear of sticking their heads outside their doors" that is also correct but it is not totally of fear of the Americans.
                Terrorists, soldiers or whatever you want to call them continue to threaten freedom not just in America but also overseas.
                What the councilman from Texas was saying is that if torture of a terrorist saves one American soldiers life, do what you have to do. I guarantee you that "soldiers" from Iraq or wherever feel the same and they will torture anyone that can help their cause.
                I'm not here to argue about whether we should be in Iraq or not because that will carry on for decades, just like Vietnam. People who are Democrats blame the Republicans and vice versa. Some people have blinders on and say that "their party - either Democratic or Republican - can do no wrong, no matter what the outcome.
                My longwinded point is just don't believe everything you read or hear because I've been told by someone who has been there and unfortunately might be going back, that most is not true - and that comes from both parties.
                Well said.If the whites and the blacks and the Dems and Repubs could all get along,this would be perfect.Whats the chances.

Comment

I'm outta here guys.I will leave the politics to you guys cause yall are all probably smarter than me.I always say you wouldn't want me doing your taxes,but damn you would like to have a beer with me Have a good evening all.

Comment

I'm outta here guys.I will leave the politics to you guys cause yall are all probably smarter than me.I always say you wouldn't want me doing your taxes,but damn you would like to have a beer with me Have a good evening all.
                    damn right
                    see ya at the Boo II or the Eight Ball in Midwest City and I'll buy you one
                    updated thru 4/04 play

CFB: (0-1) 1.05 units
                    NFL: (0-0) 0.0 units

Comment

It's way wrong.The innocent civilians that are dying in Iraq because of terrorist are not good but something that happen in war.Our innocent civilians that died in 9/11 were innocent also.The terrorist was out for our government and innocent people died and if we dont get rid of them more will follow.I know you have your views on the war and I don't get into discussions about the war or politics much but I will tell you how I stand on the war.I hate every time I here of a soldier dying and it makes me mad,but I also remember how mad I was when 9/11 happened and wanted to bomb who ever did it.I think we all did.These soldiers are fighting and dying so that you and I can walk our kids in the park and not have to worry about a bomb going off.We pull out now,we will get attacked again and this time it might be one of our loved ones involved.These soldiers ar dying for there country and there families are proud of the sacrifice they made,why can't we.
                      I can understand some of your feelings on some of the things you are saying, but most of it is a bunch of bullshit imo.

I don't like hearing about soldiers dying either. I also don't like it when they are dying because someone cooked the books to get them into the situation they are in. I will say I was for going into Afghanistan, but I was no on Iraq from day 1. 911 opened the door for Bush to go and invade Iraq.

"These soldiers are fighting and dying so that you and I can walk our kids in the park and not have to worry about a bomb going off."

I'm sorry, but you have to be kidding. That's equal to saying we were fighting in Veitnam so the Communist will not invade us. The old fight them over there so they don't hurt us over here bullshit. I'll tell you right now. Those soldiers are not dying over there for my freedom. Or so that you can walk down your street, or go to your park, or whatever. They are fighting over there because our President had a hard on for a war and got it. Right now you have a better chance of getting shot and killed by one of your own Countrymen than a terrorist at your school, park, ****, restaurant and so on. We need to worry a lot more about what is going on over here instead of thinking some small ass Country going to come over here and run the show.

Comment

Originally posted by BearDown
                        I can understand some of your feelings on some of the things you are saying, but most of it is a bunch of bullshit imo.

I don't like hearing about soldiers dying either. I also don't like it when they are dying because someone cooked the books to get them into the situation they are in. I will say I was for going into Afghanistan, but I was no on Iraq from day 1. 911 opened the door for Bush to go and invade Iraq.

"These soldiers are fighting and dying so that you and I can walk our kids in the park and not have to worry about a bomb going off."

I'm sorry, but you have to be kidding. That's equal to saying we were fighting in Veitnam so the Communist will not invade us. The old fight them over there so they don't hurt us over here bullshit. I'll tell you right now. Those soldiers are not dying over there for my freedom. Or so that you can walk down your street, or go to your park, or whatever. They are fighting over there because our President had a hard on for a war and got it. Right now you have a better chance of getting shot and killed by one of your own Countrymen than a terrorist at your school, park, ****, restaurant and so on. We need to worry a lot more about what is going on over here instead of thinking some small ass Country going to come over here and run the show.

Just wondering if your wife were one of the unlucky ones jumping from the burning WTC on 9-11 would you feel the same way?
                        NBA is a joke

Comment

Bin Laden was the terrorist behind 911 and therefore we should have been going into Afghanistan, however we sent 10k-20k troops there while the rest went to Iraq based on BS information.

Comment

i want to give a homework asignment to everyone here on the board.downlod or buy or whatever you have to do listen to the song by Alan Jackson about 9/11.i would bet that every single one of us here would be on the exact same page.Not much of a political person here myself but on 9/12 we were not black/white or democrat/republican, WE WERE ALL AMERICANS AND I HAVE TO SAY I AM 35 YEARS OLD AND THIS IS THE BEST FEELING I HAVE EVER AND I MEAN EVER HAD IN MY LIFE.FOR ONCE THE UNITED STATES STOOD 1 AS A NATION.THE THINGS THAT FOLLOWED HAVE BEEN GREATLY DEBATED BUT YOU KNO WHAT I HAVE TO GIVE IT TO THE PEOPLE LIKE PAT TILLMAN A LINEBACKER WITH THE ARIZONA CARDINALS THAT GAVE UP HIS CAREER AND HIS LIFE FOR THIS COUNTRY.FUCK ALL OF YOU WHO FEEL DIFFERENT I DONT EVEN CARE IF I GET BANNED HERE WHAT IS RIGHT IS RIGHT.WE ARE DEFEATING COUNTRIES NOW TO SCARE OFF ANYOTHER MOTHERFUCXKING COUNTRY THAT IS EVEN THINKING ABOUT BOMBING US.IS THE WAR IN IRAQ THE CORRECT WAR TO BE FIGHTING?NOT SO SURE BUT I DO KNOW THIS WHEN SOMEONE KICKS YOU IN THE MOUTH YOU GET THE FUCK UP AND START SWINGING IF INNOCENT BYSTANDERS GET HIT SO BE IT.NOT MUCH OF A POLITIC GUY BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE THIS COUNTRY THAT I LIVE IN AND I RESPECT THAT THE LEADERS OF THIS COUNTRY HAVE MY INTREST IN THIER THOUGHTS.IF I AM WRONG I AM MOTHERFUCKING WRONG BUT I WILL GO DOWN BEING WRONG WITH SOMETHING I BELIEVE 100% in and that is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.FUCK YOU TO ALL YOU NON BELIEVERS WE ARE JUST AS STRONG NOW AS 9/12 DIFFERECE IS SOME OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS GOT SOFT AND SOME OF US JUST GOT PUNCHED IN THE MOUTH AND WANN GET A PUNCH IN FOR OURSELVES

PEACE
                            MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                            HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                            0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by flarendep1
                              Just wondering if your wife were one of the unlucky ones jumping from the burning WTC on 9-11 would you feel the same way?
                              He would feel different.I said I was done but since he responded I feel like I have to.They must have a different television station up North cause all of you are the same.Either run for president,join the army or shut the fuck up!
                              Last edited by vols fan; 03-19-2008, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan
                                i want to give a homework asignment to everyone here on the board.downlod or buy or whatever you have to do listen to the song by Alan Jackson about 9/11.i would bet that every single one of us here would be on the exact same page.Not much of a political person here myself but on 9/12 we were not black/white or democrat/republican, WE WERE ALL AMERICANS AND I HAVE TO SAY I AM 35 YEARS OLD AND THIS IS THE BEST FEELING I HAVE EVER AND I MEAN EVER HAD IN MY LIFE.FOR ONCE THE UNITED STATES STOOD 1 AS A NATION.THE THINGS THAT FOLLOWED HAVE BEEN GREATLY DEBATED BUT YOU KNO WHAT I HAVE TO GIVE IT TO THE PEOPLE LIKE PAT TILLMAN A LINEBACKER WITH THE ARIZONA CARDINALS THAT GAVE UP HIS CAREER AND HIS LIFE FOR THIS COUNTRY.FUCK ALL OF YOU WHO FEEL DIFFERENT I DONT EVEN CARE IF I GET BANNED HERE WHAT IS RIGHT IS RIGHT.WE ARE DEFEATING COUNTRIES NOW TO SCARE OFF ANYOTHER MOTHERFUCXKING COUNTRY THAT IS EVEN THINKING ABOUT BOMBING US.IS THE WAR IN IRAQ THE CORRECT WAR TO BE FIGHTING?NOT SO SURE BUT I DO KNOW THIS WHEN SOMEONE KICKS YOU IN THE MOUTH YOU GET THE FUCK UP AND START SWINGING IF INNOCENT BYSTANDERS GET HIT SO BE IT.NOT MUCH OF A POLITIC GUY BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE THIS COUNTRY THAT I LIVE IN AND I RESPECT THAT THE LEADERS OF THIS COUNTRY HAVE MY INTREST IN THIER THOUGHTS.IF I AM WRONG I AM MOTHERFUCKING WRONG BUT I WILL GO DOWN BEING WRONG WITH SOMETHING I BELIEVE 100% in and that is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.FUCK YOU TO ALL YOU NON BELIEVERS WE ARE JUST AS STRONG NOW AS 9/12 DIFFERECE IS SOME OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS GOT SOFT AND SOME OF US JUST GOT PUNCHED IN THE MOUTH AND WANN GET A PUNCH IN FOR OURSELVES

PEACE
                                Trust me bro,you can't argue with dem/yankees.Just like our uncles and cousins up in Rhode Island,none of them went to college they barely got through high school but it's Bushes fault they can't keep a job.Do like I'm going to start doing,let them have there political war and we will just keep it to gambling.

Comment

Working...
                                X