Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=gbell]
    Originally posted by KazDog
    One thing is for sure. Kerry, love him or hate him, would have never gotten us into this mess. QUOTE]

You are probably right. Kerry wouldn't have sent us to war. He, along with all the other stupid, chicken-shit Dems would still be talking and hoping that the madmen of the Middle East as well as around the world all got together for a weekend and kissed and made nice-nice.
    Sure....whatever. What has this war done for us? Not a God Damn thing. It's costing billions and billions of tax payer money with NO END in sight.....Hope you enjoy your hard earned money being pissed away so Iraqi women have the right to vote....By the way, all your money is going to people who despise us.....
    [email protected]

I'm just here so I won't get fined....

Comment

I'm sure there were plenty of Dem's who voted for it.
      .We are becoming very hated throughout the middle east.....that's a fact

Name who voted against the war. Plenty=all but one?
      Islamic radicalism has preached hatred to the West a bit longer then this war. And I certainly don't want to hear the stupid brain-washed Dems who say "it's all about oil" as I would love for that to be explained.

Comment

[QUOTE=KazDog]
        Originally posted by gbell

Sure....whatever. What has this war done for us? Not a God Damn thing. It's costing billions and billions of tax payer money with NO END in sight.....Hope you enjoy your hard earned money being pissed away so Iraqi women have the right to vote....By the way, all your money is going to people who despise us.....
        So is yours!!!

Comment

Kaz, please show me where the people on this board, especially the Rebs, agreed with the gambling ban.
          And the light bulb article is just the start of a slippery slope. If you'e that concerned, I assume you support the Goverment tlling you what you can eat. Or maybe they should tell you that you HAVE to exercise since that will lower health care costs.
          Personal responsibility is lost on the left. I don't know anyone who doesn't agree the gambling bill was a chicken-shit, last minute move that was political. Who was going to vote against the major part of the bill when it was tacked on last minute? But the Dems NEVER do stuff like that huh?
          The dems don't do it nearly as often....Taking away our freedom. My point on the gambling bill, is that it's the SAME people complaining that the dems are taking away our freedom by making us use energy efficient light bulbs. I'm sorry bud, BUT IT MAKES SENSE. Calif has been held hostage by the big energy companies. This is a good idea, period. All it means, is non energy efficient bulbs are not going to be sold here. Big deal. Someday, when all cars are going to operate on batteries and you won't be able to buy a gas hog anymore. Is that wrong too? No it's not, it makes perfect sense
          [email protected]

Comment

The dems don't do it nearly as often....Taking away our freedom. My point on the gambling bill, is that it's the SAME people complaining that the dems are taking away our freedom by making us use energy efficient light bulbs. I'm sorry bud, BUT IT MAKES SENSE. Calif has been held hostage by the big energy companies. This is a good idea, period. All it means, is non energy efficient bulbs are not going to be sold here. Big deal. Someday, when all cars are going to operate on batteries and you won't be able to buy a gas hog anymore. Is that wrong too? No it's not, it makes perfect sense
            Slippery slope in my opinion. Do you think the govt should tell you what to eat since it's proven a healthier diet is better for you?
            How about banning smoking all together? No upside there right?
            Those 2 would save on health care costs.

Comment

[QUOTE=gbell]

So is yours!!!
              Exactly!.....Thanks to Bush.....

And you didn't get what I said....I said, plenty of Dems voted for the war. They backed the commander, tho most knew it was wrong. Now, we know for sure it was.....So this new Congress will hopefully figure a way out of this shit....WE'LL SEE
              [email protected]

Comment

Hey Bell

[QUOTE=gbell]

So is yours!!!

Hey Bell your intelligent guy. I dont understand your outright loyalty to a failed policy. This has nothing to do with who is right and wrong. It has to do with the fact that the middle east is 1,000,000 times worst than when bush entered the office and started his failed policy. I would take sadaam back in 5 seconds to bring back the 3800 dead soldiers, trillions lost, and stability back to IRAQ. yes it was stable under sadaam. Now iran is strong and we are even worst than when all of this started. Your response is whats the dems plan????Basically your saying is although this is fukked up the dems have no strategy. So that makes this good. Dude wake up stop following parties and coming up with your own intelligent ideas.

Comment

Slippery slope in my opinion. Do you think the govt should tell you what to eat since it's proven a healthier diet is better for you?
                  How about banning smoking all together? No upside there right?
                  Those 2 would save on health care costs.
                  Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem with banning smoking all together. But it's just like cars that run on batteries. Big dollar gas companies, who fund their campaign's and big dollar cig companies would probably never allow it. It was up to Calif to come up with one of the first ban's on smoking in the work place and in restaurants....mostly indoors.....Everyone here is much better off and you rarely hear of anyone complaining....Why? because it made perfect sense....
                  [email protected]

Comment

[QUOTE=KazDog]

Exactly!.....Thanks to Bush.....

And you didn't get what I said....I said, plenty of Dems voted for the war. They backed the commander, tho most knew it was wrong. Now, we know for sure it was.....So this new Congress will hopefully figure a way out of this shit....WE'LL SEE

So your point is that the only Dems with a backbone, knowing they were right WELL before the war started, STILL voted to send the troops to Iraq?
                    Wow, I would love to see the links to the articles to what Dems are saying they knew it was a horrible idea when the vote went down, yet STILL voted to put the troops in harms way.
                    Do you really think they knew it would be this bad yet still voted the way they did? Or do you think it's all Monday morning QB's, rattling the cages of the peeps to get elected?

Comment

Honestly, I wouldn't have a problem with banning smoking all together. But it's just like cars that run on batteries. Big dollar gas companies, who fund their campaign's and big dollar cig companies would probably never allow it. It was up to Calif to come up with one of the first ban's on smoking in the work place and in restaurants....mostly indoors.....Everyone here is much better off and you rarely hear of anyone complaining....Why? because it made perfect sense....
                      I asked if you think the gov't should be allowed to tell you to not smoke, ANYWHERE, and to tell you not to eat poorly, EVER?

Comment

There were plenty who said this was a bad idea, but backed Bush regardless. I'm not saying it was right. They backed him so they wouldn't piss off their constituents. But plenty spoke out against this action.....Plenty
                        [email protected]

Comment

I asked if you think the gov't should be allowed to tell you to not smoke, ANYWHERE, and to tell you not to eat poorly, EVER?
                          My answer is....Yes, I would NOT have a problem with them telling everyone in this country not to smoke.....But, to me, and this is my opinion, eating is different than getting rid of poor eneregy efficient light bulbs in place of energy efficient light bulbs. If you can't see the difference, you have a problem
                          [email protected]

Comment

[QUOTE=musclemann]

Hey Bell your intelligent guy. I dont understand your outright loyalty to a failed policy. This has nothing to do with who is right and wrong. It has to do with the fact that the middle east is 1,000,000 times worst than when bush entered the office and started his failed policy. I would take sadaam back in 5 seconds to bring back the 3800 dead soldiers, trillions lost, and stability back to IRAQ. yes it was stable under sadaam. Now iran is strong and we are even worst than when all of this started. Your response is whats the dems plan????Basically your saying is although this is fukked up the dems have no strategy. So that makes this good. Dude wake up stop following parties and coming up with your own intelligent ideas.
                            Thanks for the compliment. "YOU'RE" an intelligent guy also!!
                            I am not defending the failed policy at all. I think something must be done. I am not qualified to say what though. So in my opinion, the President is making the effort by adding more troops. Will it work? Who knows. But he is doing SOMETHING. The reason I continually ask "where is the Dems plan" is b/c that is the platform they ran on, won on, and now it's their duty to follow up on. According to Kaz, it's all Bush's fault so he should deal with it. The he tries and is shot down before anything even happens.
                            In hindsight, would it have been better to not have gone? Most likely, yes. BUT, we are there and need to execute a better plan. The Dems promised one and everyone is still waiting. Or are they going to do nothing, bitch and complain, throw stones and drag feet until 2008 so they can hope to win the White House with the same anti-war, but no plan platform they just won on.
                            The Dems are smart enough to see that doing nothing but critiicze, offer nothing, and run with the anti-war, anti-Bush gameplan for 2 years gives them a better chance to win then to bring suggestions and solutions to the table since Rep's are off of the Bush bandwagon. If they offered something that might work, which is doubtful anyway, they are afraid that Rep's would share in the credit and would cost them the WH in 08.

Comment

My answer is....Yes, I would NOT have a problem with them telling everyone in this country not to smoke.....But, to me, and this is my opinion, eating is different than getting rid of poor eneregy efficient light bulbs in place of energy efficient light bulbs. If you can't see the difference, you have a problem
                              You are saying the bulbs would lead to money savings as well as not being beholden to the energy special interest groups. Well to ban bad foods as well as smoking does the same thing right?

Comment

[QUOTE=gbell]
                                Originally posted by musclemann

According to Kaz, it's all Bush's fault so he should deal with it..
                                I said it's Bush's fault and YOU are asking what the Dems should do about it. Republican's got us into this shit and now YOU are blaming the Dem's for not doing something quickly to get us out. Sorry to tell you, nothing is going to happen there until Bush is out of office. He has the control, we ALL know that. No Dem in Congress can do a damn thing about that. That's why I said only time will tell. Bush wants more troops. Great, we'll see how well that works. Probably about as well as when he sent us there in the first place
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X