Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libs at it Again

California considers banning common light bulb

SACRAMENTO, Calif. California lawmakers are working to change a light bulb.

Assemblyman Lloyd Levine (leh-VYN') says the common light bulb is so inefficient it should be banned. The Los Angeles Democrat and others are working on legislation that would do just that.

Levine believes compact fluorescent light bulbs are so efficient that consumers should be forced to use them. He says the often spiral-shaped bulbs use a quarter of the energy of a conventional bulb. He says they'd save consumers money and keep some 13-hundred pounds of carbon dioxide from being pumped into the atmosphere by electric plants.

Levine also points out that the new bulbs are so efficient that electric utilities give them away.

The idea has annoyed some Republicans, who say people should be allowed to make their own choices about which bulbs to buy.

All these Libs, that want to tell everyone how to live, need to be packed up and sent to Cuba. There they can plan on how to overthrow Castro and set up there own little communist utopia and live happily ever after.

Comment

we have those light bulbs. and they are good. but they dont give off as much light. but no one should be forced to use them. and they cost like 10x as much per bulb. upside is they last for 5yrs. i got sick of changing light bulbs all the time so i went and bought like a doz of them and changed all of them. i still have a couple regular bulbs and they are brighter.

i think its totally foolish that they want to outlaw them. whats next are libs going to say you can only eat certain foods?
      2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

fucking Communists!

Comment

i hate libs.
          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

how can you possibly hate that idea

Comment

Originally posted by Meg25
              Cause United State was founded on each and every one of us being independent and able to make our own decisions. If you actually like this idea, send me your address and I'll be more than happy to send you a one way ticket to Cuba

Comment

easy, isnt this the land of the free??? if so then ppl should have the right to choose.
                2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

typical brainwashed demo
                  jordanrules..................

Comment

ITS NOT THE IDEA, ITS THE FORCED CHOICE BY THE MINORITY IMPLICATION OF THE IDEA

Comment

please...if my government spent more time telling me how i could improve our environment..... instead of spending my tax dollars on a war i don't support and telling me i'm not intelligent enough to spend my own money wagering on sports online, I’d see them in a better light

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                        California considers banning common light bulb

SACRAMENTO, Calif. California lawmakers are working to change a light bulb.

Assemblyman Lloyd Levine (leh-VYN') says the common light bulb is so inefficient it should be banned. The Los Angeles Democrat and others are working on legislation that would do just that.

Levine believes compact fluorescent light bulbs are so efficient that consumers should be forced to use them. He says the often spiral-shaped bulbs use a quarter of the energy of a conventional bulb. He says they'd save consumers money and keep some 13-hundred pounds of carbon dioxide from being pumped into the atmosphere by electric plants.

Levine also points out that the new bulbs are so efficient that electric utilities give them away.

The idea has annoyed some Republicans, who say people should be allowed to make their own choices about which bulbs to buy.
                        Maybe we should just let Republicans tell us what we can and can't do with our own money from now on while they take it.

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
                          easy, isnt this the land of the free??? if so then ppl should have the right to choose.
                          Doesn't seem like we can choose certain things now does it that have been passed by Republicans

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                            Doesn't seem like we can choose certain things now does it that have been passed by Republicans

Comment

Originally posted by BettorsChat
                              Maybe we should just let Republicans tell us what we can and can't do with our own money from now on while they take it.
                              ACCORDING TO YOUR NEXT PRESIDENTIAL HOPEFUL, SHE WILL TAKE ALL THE PROFITS OF THE BIG OIL CO'S AND PRODUCE BETTER ENERGY..............NOW THATS A FIRST TAKING OF PROFITS OF CO'S OF A FREE ENTERPRISE SYSTEM.........................OH!.....EXCUSE ME THAT COMMUNUSIM-

Comment

Working...
                              X